Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 09:30 AM   #5521
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

Originally Posted by jberry16 View Post
Dustina, here's the e-mail from Becka...

Wow, that's odd! I would suggest that she go to their website, www.soysilk.com and go to the contact us page and email Jonelle, the president or Kat, operations manager, both are very nice. Haver her send along the photo, I'm sure that they will take care of it right away!
Happy Knitting and God Bless
Becka
LOL, yeah, I'm important like that I'm SO JUST KIDDING! I knew they would happily replace your yarn, Dust, sorry you have to knit another whole pair of socks, though!
I don't even know when I last posted any socks on here! I've been away from the forum for many, many months due to various health issues and after that, not online much other than checking email - so everyone!!!! I'm so LOVING all of your socks, naturally, they are the best things in the world to knit!
I do have some exciting news, though! I have a pattern in the upcoming Socks a la Carte book from SWTC. They had wanted me to do a few, but it was during one of those times of illness, so I only got one in but that is quite an HONOR, I'm WAY EXCITED! And I got 3rd place in the upcoming 2009 Knitting Pattern a Day for a pair of socks - a freebie that is on my blog (Christmas Flappers) - another HUGE honor!
And I have 3 sock patterns (and a scarf) that are being picked up by my favorite yarn company, so I can't show the photos - sorry - but, YAY, EXCITING
I think that the last ones that I did and didn't share here were
Rings of Sarah Socks, these were knit for a friend of my daughter's who loves Shannon's socks, so I did this pair for her - WOW, that's pretty cool to have your daughter's friend love socks and ask for a pair!
And my sweet hubby makes a knitty wife proud, the man shows off his handknit socks to any and everybody! LOL, he was far more handknit socks than I - that's actually what he asked for for his birthday earlier this month! And, of course, I was way happy to knit them for him!
Happy to see so many new knitters, too - and hope to get to know ya'll!
all around!!!!

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!

Last edited by rebecca : 08-17-2008 at 09:37 AM. Reason: adding photos
The Following User Says Thank You to rebecca For This Useful Post:
dustinac (08-17-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-17-2008, 10:12 AM   #5522
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Becka you have been busy - those look like your normal good work congratulation

The Following User Says Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
rebecca (08-18-2008)
Old 08-17-2008, 10:14 AM   #5523
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Great looking socks Becka!!! Keep up the good work!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The Following User Says Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
rebecca (08-18-2008)
Old 08-17-2008, 10:14 AM   #5524
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Good morning Socksters!!

Ann~oh it's from being from a small town where everyone knows everybody...so they all knew where mom worked

Julie~Well the 2nd hank was a dream to knit with very soft and I loved it...but the 1rst skein had a lot of tied in joins and then what appeared to be felted in joins but it left fuzz balls where they attempted it...and if I pulled to hard they broke apart...it's just not my time to try out new yarns (although this has been in my closet for over a year)...I do have a blue too and hopefully it knits like the 2nd hank

Chris~

Lady Violet~ so glad to see you posting and lovin' the sock!!

Annie~Welcome to the KAL

Gina~How cute! I love that idea

Christine~Welcome Home

Jackie~How are the spring forwards going?

Becka~ I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well! Congrats on the upcoming projects how exciting

Hi everyone!! If I missed something just holler (fast catch up this am)

QOTD: I will knit either way it doesn't really matter to me. If I'm knitting from the cuff down I love using the Knitted on for my cast on, for toe up the figure 8. As for toe increase M1 all the way as it doesn't show up as much, for heel I like Sherman Short row...if I do a regular short row I wrap twice. I've also worked the gusset and all that backwards and it's not hard but more time consuming ...for a toe up bind off I use EZ's sewing off...I find it has the most stretch to it

I had went to the dr on Tuesday but with JD having my car I never made it to pick up my meds...well Friday I had a sinus headache like no other so yesterday I had to run and get my meds...then we took the kids over to Easton, Roo LOVES build a bear and they had sent her a coupon (which is the best time to go 'cause that stuff is way expensive)...usually she can just get a bear and a shirt...but this time with the coupon she was able to dress the cat ...then of course we took Isaiah to find something for him...we also found out who his teacher is and he got the one we wanted ...I had to catch up on my olympics from Friday and then last nights...and over slept this morning

Ohh do you guys shop at CVS? I was able to get a big jug of Laundry det, 2 pkg of twistables (the best crayons for kids, I don't know why but they color better with them), mouth wash, white out, bleach pen, and something else for FREE...doubling my coupons

Knitting wise I knitted a cozy for JD's nike wristband thing...he doesn't have Nike running shoes so we knitted a cozy to attach to his shoe

Today I'm starting my 2nd mitten

I hope you all have a great day of knitting

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (08-17-2008), knitgal (08-17-2008), Lady Violet (08-17-2008), rebecca (08-18-2008), The.Knitter (08-17-2008)
Old 08-17-2008, 10:45 AM   #5525
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Well, vacation is over. I am so glad! It was a really bad two weeks. It rained most of the first week.

The first week DH got a mild case of flesh eating disease. We spent four hours every day (6 hours the first day) at the hospital getting IV antibiotics into him. He was sore and feverish and not pleasant to be around. Poor guy!

The second week, when all that was over, I took sick. My IBS kicked in so badly I could do nothing except lay in the bed and rock from the cramps or run to the excuse me. That lasted three and a half days.

We had DGD with us and the poor kid did not have a fun vacation until near the end when we took her the first day for high tea and then the second day a birthday party (for me) and then the last day to Story Book Park.

I got no knitting done. I need to get going on these blankets. I am behind now.

And life goes on.....

Last edited by The.Knitter : 08-17-2008 at 12:24 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:20 PM   #5526
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Becka good to see you on here again!

Dustina I can't remember what I asked you I'll go back, mommy brain kickin in I guess. Can't wait to see finished mittens, glad you're feeling better.

For y'all looking at the stitch savers on loopy ewe, why not just get a small crochet hook @ Michaels or Hobby Lobby? They're about 1/2 price or less & work fine, that's what I use, my crochet hook is a 2.5mm (same as a size 1 knitting needle) & I think I paid $3.29 or something at Walmart.

Christine, sorry you had a rough 2 weeks, how scary for Dh, how icky for you & your poor DGD, guess she learned the lesson that 'life happens'. was she a good sport about it all? I hope so.

Well I didn't knit at all yesterday b/c I was smart & touched my thumb on the oven rack, (bright one here) anyway, it feels better today so I'm hoping to 'try' to knit, but it may have to wait. I got the IW Knits mag yesterday when I returned my 2 @ once book to the LYS & there's a couple sweaters in there I really like. wish I had more than 875 yards of lace weight yarn...Anyone know of a fairly easy stole to make that uses that much lace weight yarn? Both the mystery stole & the other clue giving stole require 1200+ yards, so I'm short & mine's a verigated, would look great with bluejeans, but there's not much of it-I started doing a pi-shawl with it, but think that's useless b/c I'm using a size 7 needle and it just looks too loose-dont like the drape.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
dustinac (08-18-2008), rebecca (08-18-2008)
Old 08-17-2008, 01:05 PM   #5527
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Christine glad to have you back. Also glad that everyone is recovering. I am sure that even having to be a nurse your DGD enjoyed the time with you. May not as much as being the center of attention every day, but any time with Grandmother is great.

The Following User Says Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
The.Knitter (08-17-2008)
Old 08-17-2008, 01:16 PM   #5528
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Julie, I changed my mind. I don't like the I Love This Cotton for towels. It's TOO soft and not absorbent enough. For a cute top or sweater it would be great. What about using the stole pattern that y'all helped make for me? It didn't use nearly all the yarn! You could just keep knitting until you ran out....

Lady V, (Do you like to be called that or would you like us to call you Violet?) Your sock is looking good! I know what you mean about learning to read your knitting. It gives you the freedom to change stuff and design what YOU like! It also helps a TON in figuring out what went wrong. I usually use a crochet hook to pull up dropped stitches, but I LOVE the one you linked to. Mine tend to get dropped in my recliner.

Welcome back, Christine! I'm SO SORRY your vaca was such a drag! You poor thing! Are you guys feeling better now?

Hi Becca! Congratulations on the patterns! WOW!

Dustina, I LOVE your bargain hunting! What DEALS!

So here's what I did yesterday: Made an apron! DD wanted to make herself one and we got the fabric CHEAP at WM and designed them by copying some aprons she borrowed from a friend.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ApronPostable.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	49581  Click image for larger version

Name:	ApronBackPostable.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	49582  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
dustinac (08-18-2008), rebecca (08-18-2008)
Old 08-17-2008, 01:21 PM   #5529
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

The apron looks great!

DH is better although still limping a bit. He's still on the pills for another few days. It's not as sore as it was, but it is starting to swell a bit again. I am watching him carefully. He went back to work today, but I will check him over good tonight.

I am doing ok. The fever is still there, but the cramps and ummm stuff are gone, thankfully. I can eat food again.

I never thought I would say I was "glad" to be here, but the bathroom is closer and flushable, so that is a good thing!

The Following User Says Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
G J (08-17-2008)
Old 08-17-2008, 01:23 PM   #5530
Lieke
Working the Gusset

Julie, I'm doing the cardigan in one piece (in the round, with steeking), but it still is a lot of stitches. The finished cardigan is in the washing machine at the moment. Cotton always shrinks, so I wanted to wash it before buying a zipper. I'll take pictures when it's dried. The socks are in red/orange/yellow yarn, I'll try to make pictures later this evening.
I'm working on my masterdegree. Got my bachelor about a year ago.

QOTD: Well, I'm a student and so is DBF. I'm doing psychology and he's studying linguistics.

Sue, I really like your kitchentowel and dishcloth.

Dustina, great socks. They look really pretty.

annie, welcome!

Gina, love your towel. Great color. Your apron looks great.

LadyViolet, that sock will be really pretty!

Well, I'll be back really soon with pictures.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lieke For This Useful Post:
dustinac (08-18-2008), G J (08-17-2008)
Closed Thread