Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 10:09 AM   #5541
ritaw
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,390 Times in 1,296 Posts
They look great Sue I love the ribbon one !

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-18-2008, 10:12 AM   #5542
sue in canada
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,871 Times in 1,270 Posts
I first saw the pattern here on KH. here is the link
http://inahappycamper.eponym.com/blo...ternsPage.html
Old 08-18-2008, 10:16 AM   #5543
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Sue~They look great

ETA: Hi Rita!! Can I talk you into socks yet??

Ohh Julie they have the new advanced search up on Ravelry...you can choose your category/yardage/free/buy/etc and it shows you the patterns that fit...Here is what I got when I searched for shawl/wraps with yardage of 300-875...(if the link won't work then just go to the patterns tab and under the search box click advance search)

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog

Last edited by dustinac : 08-18-2008 at 10:18 AM. Reason: post to Rita
Old 08-18-2008, 10:22 AM   #5544
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
thanks Dustina! I was playing with that yesterday, I'm just so indecisive & I want to start all these projects at once & I just can't because it drives me crazy! So far I have 3 projects OTN & I feel overwhelmed.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:45 AM   #5545
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

I feel that way sometimes...usually that's when I have to frog some items or just get them done...I kinda feel that way trying to get mittens done and that CW shawl for the fair

I wanted to let you guys know that if you missed the Ravelympics sign ups you still can...they have re-opened the doors and you can join the WIP event and finish those items on your needles ...of course if you need a team

Old 08-18-2008, 10:46 AM   #5546
knitgal
Working the Gusset

Goodmorning everyone!

Hope you all had a great weekend. We went to the pre-wedding BBQ on Saturday which was very fun, and then we had the DBF's dad's 60th birthday on Sunday, another BBQ. Luckily we had good weather, which was surprising because we have had more rain this summer than anything.
Today was supposed to be my day off for the week, but my assistant manager is still sick so I am working at 4 to close. I don't mind really, because the DBF and I are trying to save money.

In other news, one of the girls I lived with in university is engaged! There's 4 of us who are all very close, and she's the first to get engaged. EEEEEEEKKK!!

Sue- Love those dishcloths, what a nice gift.

Dustina- I'll cross my fingers for you too...but then neither of us can knit!

Julie- I've seen that pattern on Knitty too. My mom has had a 1/3 of her left breast removed from cancer and she is very self-conscious of it too.

Jess- Yay new computer!

Steve- Glad things are back to "normal".

Christine- Sorry to hear your vacation didn't go as planned. The weather hasn't been great and I was thinking of you when it was just pouring.

Gina- Love that apron and I LOVE your kitchen! Just gorgeous.

Lieke- How's your DBF? Able to work yet?

Chris- I saw one of those tiny thread pullers at the sewing store the other day. I wondered if it would be good for knitting (especially socks).

Jackie- Glad the DH is back to work!

Welcome Lady Violet and Annie (That might become confusing for me, a lot of people in my family call me Annie!)

OTN: Corona, Miter square blanket, Charity blankets
FO: Forest Canopy Shawl, Easy Baby Bootees, Kitty Pi, Ms. Marigold, Twinkle Toes, Josh's socks, Hedera socks, Spring Beret, Ashley's Birthday socks, Socks for the DBF's mom, grey socks for the DBF, my first socks, reversible cable scarf, ribbed hat for the BF, Manos Del Uruguay afghan, and a whole bunch of dishcloths!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to knitgal For This Useful Post:
dustinac (08-18-2008), G J (08-18-2008), jess_hawk (08-18-2008)
Old 08-18-2008, 11:06 AM   #5547
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Can you tell I'm nervous/hyper this morning?

Well they called and said we can't find anything wrong with your car...nothing is showing up ...so we have two choices let them start ripping into it and see if they find something wrong...or let JD drive it till it starts happening more than just that one time...so JD is going to call them on his lunch break

Ann~I'm glad you guys had a nice time and the rain didn't come!! It does make it nice working days off for the pay...now here most places watch your hours and you can't go over 40 for full time (unless you are salary they don't want to pay OT) and I think 20 for part but I might be wrong on that...do they have anything like that there?

Old 08-18-2008, 12:14 PM   #5548
knitgal
Working the Gusset

I don't know if we have that. I definitely worked more than 40 hours at my previous job when people took vacation, but that was an independent store and they didn't really follow many rules as it was.
I worked exactly 40 hours last week and I am supposed to be part-time. Usually the job ads say "Part-time 20 hours" so I guess that's what it's supposed to be.
Josh's mom sent me a job opportunity and I need to write a cover letter and sent them my resume, but I just haven't had the time.
Work just called and I have to go in at 1:30 instead of 4....on my day off :( Oh well! I guess the housecleaning can wait.

OTN: Corona, Miter square blanket, Charity blankets
FO: Forest Canopy Shawl, Easy Baby Bootees, Kitty Pi, Ms. Marigold, Twinkle Toes, Josh's socks, Hedera socks, Spring Beret, Ashley's Birthday socks, Socks for the DBF's mom, grey socks for the DBF, my first socks, reversible cable scarf, ribbed hat for the BF, Manos Del Uruguay afghan, and a whole bunch of dishcloths!

Old 08-18-2008, 12:30 PM   #5549
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Hey kids, I'm back from vacation in Denver! I haven't had a chance to catch up on reading posts, but just wanted to say "Hi". I got lots of knitting done while I was gone- one halter top for Emily, one pair of armwarmers for my friend Jana, and I'm nearly done with a ruffled skirt for Abby. I'll post pics when I get a chance. Hope everyone is doing well!

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
Old 08-18-2008, 01:31 PM   #5550
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Christine, I'm glad y'all are feeling better.

Lieke, can't wait to see the FO!

Julie, yes, the fabric was on the $1 table! Cute, huh? Thanks for the pattern link. I'll save it for when I've got my current projects done.

Violet, I'm wondering if you accidentally did a YO between the needles. I sometimes get that. IT will make a loose spot, but if you can work it into the needles on the sides of it, you may be able to get away with it. Or just tink back a row to see if that takes care of it.

Jess, you made me LOL! I can just picture you charging at your dog! Congrats on the new 'puter! I have a smaller one and I love it.

Sue, the cloths are GREAT! I looked at the first one before I looked at your post and thought, "That looks like boobs" so you did a great job!

Ann, glad the weather cooperated for the bbqs. Sounds fun. SO are you and DBF close to tying the knot?

Dustina, weird about the car! I'd say drive it until it breaks down again!

Carey, welcome back! Can't wait to see your FOs!

I'm ALMOST done with the bamboo lacy top. 4 rows on the sleeve and then I'll be DONE! It's SO cute (imho!). I can't wait to get the yarn to start the one for me! I'm going to try to finish it between students today, but I also have to get ready to lead our Bible Study tonight. For the summer we've been watching movies and then discussing them. It's been fun! The last movie was "Last of the Mohicans" and tonight we discuss talk about it. Not always deep, but always fun!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
jess_hawk (08-18-2008), knitgal (08-19-2008), sue in canada (08-18-2008)
Closed Thread