Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 03:52 PM   #551
Lisa1216
Turning the Heel

Abbily~Great socks! I'd be walking around without my shoes just so everyone would look at them!

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

On the needles: Not much
Finshed: Nothing lately
Lisa1216 on Ravelry
The Following User Says Thank You to Lisa1216 For This Useful Post:
Abbily (02-18-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-18-2008, 04:10 PM   #552
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Yup, they're my first. Yes, I've been wandering around the office in my stocking feet all day, and I have shown them off to a few people in the office.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
Old 02-18-2008, 04:58 PM   #553
jodstr2
Instepping Out

I finished Jaywalker last night! I started the Monkey for Jackie... even tho I have yet to finish Hedera.
I'm wearing Jaywalker today. pics to come later.

on needles:
Noro Striped Scarf
Lacy Ribbed Socks
Monkey 8

jodstr2
Old 02-18-2008, 06:19 PM   #554
...dotty...
Working the Gusset

Location: Other side of the computer screen, back in Tennessee !
Wow, Abbily, what a beautiful pair to start with ! Congrats ! Now you can join the ever on-going search for 'sock-show-off shoes' !
QOTD-- Sock blockers
I don't have store-bought sock blockers........just the hanger ones that I made in large and medium for mine and my daughter's socks. It's funny that you should ask, because I was just pricing them yesterday. I see so many beautiful photos on flickr that look SO GOOD when modeled on the red blockers from the Loopy Ewe. So I thought.........hmmmmm.....maybe I'll break down and get a pair .....the non-wooden ones shouldn't be too expensive. Ah........$10.00..........wait.........that's PER FOOT ! Awww, c'mon !
So, back to the hangers for me ! But, luckily, reading this question just reminded me that I have socks (and a whole load of other clothes) on the line that I need to go and rescue before the sun goes down and they freeze stiff !
I'm still knitting the Jaywalkers while I quilt the little quilt (on the next to last border). But I also started a scarf to try out a pattern....The size 1 KnitPicks needle is going through the end of my finger, so I needed to knit something on a bigger, less pointy pair.....don't know if I'll make it to the end or not........jury's still out. But here's a peek........
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	really small shot of scarf.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	46928  

MY RAVELRY ......... MY BLOG ....... http://dollyshome.blogspot.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to ...dotty... For This Useful Post:
Abbily (02-19-2008)
Old 02-18-2008, 06:30 PM   #555
alleusion
Turning the Heel

Hey everyone, been a bit absent lately. I've had almost no time for knitting, been out running around all day for the past 3 days. By the time I got home, I've been too exhausted. I have been crochting a blanket though. It's easy, just squares that I'll put together when they're all done.

I posted somewhere else that I ordered a set of options as well as some fixed needles in sock sizes with long cables for ML. I slipped on ice today though and among other bumps and bruises, my wrist is killing me. I'm hoping it's better when my new needles arrive so I can play.

...I can't have too many projects, I still have empty needles...

Old 02-18-2008, 06:38 PM   #556
tangle2007
Ribbing the Cuff

Abbily, those look great!! I am starting a pair for myself now so I can walk around in my own handmade socks!

I took a break from the socks to finish another project. If I thought it was hard going from size 17 to size 3 needles when I decided to learn to knit socks after making a really fast project with bulky yarn, well . . . I think it was even harder going back to size 17 to finish up the other project! My poor hands were aching.

Speaking of aching, I hope your swollen finger is feeling better GJ!

DD#2 decided she did not want socks the same color as her little sister, so she was allowed to pick out some sock yarn at the LYS yesterday when she was (sort-of) well-behaved when I had to drag her along:
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	yarn2.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	46929  

And I'm tangle2007 on Ravelry, too!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tangle2007 For This Useful Post:
Abbily (02-19-2008), G J (02-18-2008)
Old 02-18-2008, 06:42 PM   #557
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
That's so pretty Dotty...I'm at Grandma's, couldn't stay away from here, gonna load the kids up soon and head home so we can cook dinner.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:54 PM   #558
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
I made it to Round 120 on the shawl and decided to stretch it out today...I had it on 3 circs ...I have a glimpse on the blog...and now I'm more excited about finishing it up...I love it so far

Lisa~If you make some of the blockers post pictures

Silegose~sure ya can...mom only made dishrags and one slipper sock before I put her on this project ...She is using a heavier weight yarn than me but isn't having any problems...

Abbily~ Very Pretty!! They look wonderful...

Julie~ we need photos of the blockers!!

Go Jodi Go!! Your sock needles are smoking

Dotty~ so pretty!! I know mom will use bandaids for the tips of her fingers so the tips won't hurt...

Jenny~ take it easy and hope you can enjoy your needles soon!!

tangle~ohh what pretty yarn she picked out...I can't wait to see it knitted up... which brand is it? no don't tell me I can't buy any sock yarn

I hope you all have a great night of knitting

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
Abbily (02-19-2008), jodstr2 (02-19-2008)
Old 02-18-2008, 11:21 PM   #559
Jackie Lim
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie Lim
Hi ya', m knittng the 2nd love now.

Abbily - what a good way to show off your socks, this can even motive u to knit more...Good job for the first pair.

Dustina - i m going to try not knitting the Gusset, and see how it works.

Julie - That's a lovely pot holder, i will treasure it. Tks.

dotty - How ?? Are u wearing that beautiful apron making pancake this morning ??

Gina - how are u today ??

QOTD - No, i do not have a sock blocker. I dont see a need to have one cos my foot are the best sock blocker........hahaha

Welcome to my blog

FOs - In my blog
The Following User Says Thank You to Jackie Lim For This Useful Post:
Abbily (02-19-2008)
Old 02-19-2008, 12:05 AM   #560
...dotty...
Working the Gusset

Location: Other side of the computer screen, back in Tennessee !
Ya know what I discovered? The craving for pancakes always hits at night, when I've already eaten and am getting ready for bed. When I wake up, I'm lazy, moving slow, and just want coffee. Mike generally just wants coffee and a cupcake or figbars to start the day, so , no pancakes today. But I am going to make some soon, probably for a dinner meal. Don't you just love to have breakfast for supper?
That reminds me,.......I did have THE BEST BREAKFAST SANDWICH the other morning. I scrambled a couple of eggs for Mike and me, and then I made buttered toast for my sandwich, layering a slice of cheese, a few strips of bacon, my scrambled egg, and a crumbled piece of sausage...............oh my gosh, it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good !

MY RAVELRY ......... MY BLOG ....... http://dollyshome.blogspot.com/
Closed Thread