Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 12:09 AM   #561
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Quote:
That reminds me,.......I did have THE BEST BREAKFAST SANDWICH the other morning. I scrambled a couple of eggs for Mike and me, and then I made buttered toast for my sandwich, layering a slice of cheese, a few strips of bacon, my scrambled egg, and a crumbled piece of sausage...............oh my gosh, it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good !
AND breakfast is being served at what time tomorrow morning???? Set an extra place.....

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The Following User Says Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
...dotty... (02-19-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-19-2008, 01:53 AM   #562
Lieke
Working the Gusset

Abbily, your socks look really pretty. Are they really your first socks?

QOTD: I don't have any sockblockers. I still want to make or buy some, but I'm to lazy to block. I've only blocked once and that was a lace scarf.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lieke For This Useful Post:
Abbily (02-19-2008)
Old 02-19-2008, 01:56 AM   #563
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
QOTD: I have the best set of sock blockers. They are on the bottoms of my legs! They are inexpensive and easy to use and care for!!!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

Old 02-19-2008, 05:19 AM   #564
msmelody
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Yahoo to msmelody
Finished my Mel's socks, and now I am working on S's socks. Should finish his by the weekend.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1958.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	46934  

I am msmelody on Ravelry.

Water4gas is my new pursuit.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:44 AM   #565
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Good Morning Socksters...I lost my first post...hopefully this one will go through

Jackie~If you need help just ask

dotty~YUM! That is what we do...JD leaves to early during the week and on the weekend he likes to sleep in for a bit...so I have it for dinner

The.Knitter~

Msmelody~They look great and can't wait to see the next pair

We have more snow here today...last night had thunder, rain, ice, snow...so the kids are on a 2hr delay...right now I'm watching huge flakes fall...it would be pretty if I didn't want spring so bad

I'm not sure what I'm going to work on today...I would like to get another round finished on the shawl...but I need to start the socktopia socks...or finish a pair of socks for Thurs night...hopefully the weather will clear by then so I can make it out and to knit night...

I hope you guys have a great day of knitting!!

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following User Says Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
msmelody (02-19-2008)
Old 02-19-2008, 10:48 AM   #566
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
We do breakfast for dinner at least once a month-so much fun! And on Sat we usually do waffles or pancakes-which reminds me I was watching the food network channel a couple nights ago and they had this diner that made specialty pancakes; special shapes that is. He would even do portrates of the people-so cool! So I got a little squeeze bottle and want to make fun pancakes next time-maybe tonight? I counted and wrote down notes from Dh's #1 sock last night and realized I was only 2 rounds away from starting the heel on #2 so I did those 2 rounds last night and worked 3 heel rows so that's where I am in sock knitting. AND I (used the visa) and bought Cat Bordhi's book, New Pathways for Sock KNitters-pretty neat book. However I tried to use my Borders cupon, because I thought they'd have the book-apparently it's out of print-wierd huh? I didn't believe it so I called Barnes & Noble and they told me the same thing-darnit. So I had to go to the lys to get a copy, and paid full price (I don't like to pay full price). She has a different way of explaining things though. And I think I'm gonna make some ABCD st markers so I don't get confused with her terms. Some really neat looking socks in the book. Not written like Sensational Knitted socks (1 or 2) but I think it's fun to learn about new ways to do toes and heels and gussets; which is mostly what this book is about-as far as I can tell. I had it sitting on the computer desk last night and dh didn't even notice it-he was zoned on the computer. I'll get pics of the sock blockers later today (promise). OK off to dry the hair and then knit while Caitlin's asleep and the kids are playing nice.

Jackie; sorry I didn't have a pretty card or anything to put in the pif pkg, I didn't have the time either, it was one of those days where Dh got home and I needed to get to the post office before they closed and just sealed everything up and left. Glad you like it though. What are you making for your PIF gifts?

Dustina what state are you in? You seem to be getting lots of snow/ice. You don't want to hear that we were in the 50's yesterday and 62 over the weekend-but we had nasty ice cold wind. Not sure how it can be so sunny and 'warm' and still have icy cold wind.

Ms Melody: love the socks!
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
msmelody (02-19-2008)
Old 02-19-2008, 10:51 AM   #567
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Originally Posted by ...dotty... View Post
That reminds me,.......I did have THE BEST BREAKFAST SANDWICH the other morning. I scrambled a couple of eggs for Mike and me, and then I made buttered toast for my sandwich, layering a slice of cheese, a few strips of bacon, my scrambled egg, and a crumbled piece of sausage...............oh my gosh, it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good !
Dotty, I love doing that! I usually put a slice of cheese on a slice of bread and put it under the broiler for a few minutes, to get the cheese nice and melty.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
Old 02-19-2008, 10:53 AM   #568
Abbily
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by Lieke View Post
Abbily, your socks look really pretty. Are they really your first socks?
Yup, they really are... but I made 3 pairs of twinkletoes slippers, which are toe-up and constructed pretty similarly to socks, so I had practice with the toe and heel before making the socks.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

Old 02-19-2008, 10:56 AM   #569
Abbily
Instepping Out

Joanne, those socks are beautiful!

The Following User Says Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
msmelody (02-19-2008)
Old 02-19-2008, 11:16 AM   #570
siameezerlady
Ribbing the Cuff

Good Morning, Everybody!
I am on the cuff of the second sock, and will post pics when done, but just wanted to say how beautiful everyone's projects are! Wow! It is inspiring me to keep going with the knitting! Lieke, I looked up the book you are knitting from; did you know it's out of print, and on ebay, a copy just went for $99.00? It's even more than that on Amazon Books online! Awesomely beautiful sweaters, tho - yours is gorgeous!
As usual, life is in the way of knitting today; we are going to go into town for me to clean my Mom's place while she's in Penn. with my one of my sisters visiting my cousin's family. I won't be able to knit again until tonight, but hoping to finish the socks then. I will ask a question about knitting patterns in the round when I post; I obviously did something wrong, but it looked ok so I kept going. They are for my DH, so since he loves them "as is", I figured why not?
Gotta run, have a great day knitting, everyone!
Closed Thread