Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 01:23 PM   #51
1to1
Turning the Heel

Morning Socksters,

Dotty, We miss you!!

Steve, I really like the cabled ribbed...looks nice!

Dustina, I froze last night too...yesterday temp dropped from 60 to 7 with -7 wind chill. I wished you lived by me so that you could show me how to make those beautiful socks. I like the blue ones but red or green would be nice too.

tangle, you're brazer than me using dpn.

Lieke, its always nice to hear from you!!

Julie, there is so much different flus, colds, icky, icky stuff going around.

Knitter, Cookie has some wonderful patterns with several that are free.

Jackie, what's new?

I really need to pull out my Poms. The Hemlock has been giving me some problems.

Sock on,
Carla

1to1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1to1 For This Useful Post:
dustinac (01-30-2008), Lieke (01-31-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-30-2008, 01:30 PM   #52
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,163 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Well as of now Jacob seems better-however as of 12:30 last night Bailey was coughing the croup cough and her fever started last night at 5pm it was 102.2. The doc got some of the results back yesterday and those were neg for whatever she had him tested on and the rest will be back today. She has been so sweet and caring and told me last night that if I needed anything to call her this morning 'cause she'd be in the office. Well I did, called her at 8am (as soon as they opened) and told her that Bailey had the croup cough and a fever and that I had a huge favor to ask her and that was that because we're so financially straped if there was any way she could wave our $20.00 copay and see Bailey today and she said yes. So I thanked her and off we went. She confirmed that she does have croup and I asked for the steroid shot instead of the syrup b/c it's nasty tasting and I dont think she'd take it. So they did that & then just before we left I thanked her again, and she said, "this is the last time." Ok so what'd she mean by that? this is the last time we'll be in for this illness? I could wish that was it, but by the tone of her voice I think she meant this was the last time she's gonna wave the copay. I'm already an emotional mess, she didn'thave to say that. If she didn't want to wave it then she could have said no when I asked her this am on the phone. This isn't the first time she's made me think twice about using her. Guess I'll find another pediatrician now-sigh. I'm so tired and upset-I just keep crying. I really need a nap and someone who cares about my kids and my feelings too. ok sorry that had nothing to do about knitting. As far as knitting goes I haven't done anything since yesterday 2 rounds. I'm worn out. My kids are never sick-and we only go to the doc for well child checks and we have a copay then, and have never asked anyone to wave the copay. I'm so angry. Any advice, moms?
Old 01-30-2008, 02:12 PM   #53
fibrenut
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to fibrenut
OOO jberry, hun, I know exactly how ya feel, been there done that, still have the credit score to prove it.LOL
Here's a GREAT BIG MONDO cyber HUG fer ya hun. Just remember, (saved my sanity many a time) this too shall pass!\

knittycakebaker on ravelry
LOOK TWICE SAVE A LIFE
motorcycles are everywhere!!
Abate of Colorado
The Following User Says Thank You to fibrenut For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (01-30-2008)
Old 01-30-2008, 02:56 PM   #54
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
OK, so I am an inch away from having to decide if I make a "real" sock or a "tube" sock. I am at 7" from the cast on edge. I knit two inches of 2x2 ribbing and now I am knitting my 6" of stockinette stitch (not ribbing because I prefer a sock that is not ribbed down to the heel). I am wondering if this will change the way I proceed with the tutorial if I do decide to make "real" socks???

I am still considering both options and have one more inch of knitting before I have to decide.

Feedback anyone???????

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

Old 01-30-2008, 04:17 PM   #55
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
What are the 'pros' to skipping the heel? I'd go ahead and do the heel just for the practice. It's really quite easy, you just have to trust the pattern and keep going, even though it seems very weird until you're done. Go for it!

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
Old 01-30-2008, 04:38 PM   #56
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

I am kind of leaning that way right now. I'll see what happens when I finish this last inch.

I haven't done my inch yet because, *gasps* shock of shocks, the DH sometimes expects me to clean house instead of knitting (silly man). I had to clean out the fridge because tonight is garbage night and I swear that I found a few science experiments hidden in the back corners.

OK I am done cleaning and going back to my inch and then I will decide from there, however, I think I am going to make "real" socks. We shall see....

Old 01-30-2008, 04:48 PM   #57
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Julie ...I don't know how to take what she said either...I would have prolly been stunned at the dr office and then mad as a hornet by the time I got home...Hopefully she meant with the sickness...esp since you haven't asked her before...I think you need an afternoon to yourself...window shopping, driving around, or just getting out...with the kids being sick and it being cold...you just haven't had time for yourself...if I was closer I'd come and get you...tell dh that Sat. afternoon is yours and have fun ...I hope you get to knit today...if it was warm this weekend you could just go sit at the park and knit for a bit...that would help...

The.Knitter~ I'd give the heel a try...it's not hard at all just follow the pattern step by step...I've made dh's socks with the ribbing for the cuff and then just St st for the rest and it's very boring ...that is why I will knit a pattern sock or a sock with k1, p1 all the way down...some think they might be uncomfy in a shoe...I did when I first started knitting socks...but I don't find them to be at all...you don't even pay attention to that...

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (01-30-2008), The.Knitter (01-30-2008)
Old 01-30-2008, 05:59 PM   #58
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Oh, Julie,
I would shrug it off (or at least tell myself I should. Actually doing it is harder.) She was WONDERFUL with the kids, didn't require payment and was a big help. Be thankful for that, and blow off the rest. What she meant, we can't know without reading her mind. If she's a good doctor, keep her! She went out of her way to waive the copay. That's a good thing. She surely won't be able to do that all the time, and that's understandable.

Hope the kiddos are better soon!
The Following User Says Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (01-30-2008)
Old 01-30-2008, 07:26 PM   #59
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Alright... the decision has been made. My DH is siding with you people. He says "You know you want to, and with it being your first sock you will kick yourself if you don't make a proper sock. You will always wonder if you could have done it. So, just do it. Listen to them and just do it!"

It looks like I am going to "JUST DO IT". I am sitting here with Silver's tutorial in front of me, eight inches on the needles and a heel just waiting to happen. REAL socks, here I come!

Thanks for the "little" push in the right direction ladies!

Old 01-30-2008, 07:33 PM   #60
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,163 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
yay!!!!!!!! u can do it! we're here if you get stuck.
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
The.Knitter (01-30-2008)
Closed Thread