Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 12:27 AM   #601
Jackie Lim
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie Lim
Tami - Congratulations on your video. Tks. I might use it for the Evangeline www.magkints.com/Jan08/patterns/evengeline.htm
Saw the video, i like the way u r knitting, is different. The sts are neat and smooth. If i were to hold the sts loose, i will not have even sts like yours.

R u guys cooking a feast ? The background sounds like it...with pots and pans.

Welcome to my blog

FOs - In my blog

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-20-2008, 12:35 AM   #602
fibrenut
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to fibrenut
HEHEHE LOL Nah it's just the kids tryin to get the dishes done in the background. Which, of course, HAD to be done THAT instant! LOL and of course they have the TV on full blast as well. LOL Awww, kids, gotta love em ya know, is easier than tryin to sell em to gypsy's.
As for the knitting stuff? I used to knit english exclusively, and I would get that horrible fat row thin row syndrome. Then I met a wonderful lady (she had just moved into our apt. complex) from Frankfurt Germany, and she taught me how to knit continental style. I've not looked back since (except maybe the few times I'm on a knitting marathon session and just need to relax my other hand for a while, then I'll switch).

knittycakebaker on ravelry
LOOK TWICE SAVE A LIFE
motorcycles are everywhere!!
Abate of Colorado
The Following User Says Thank You to fibrenut For This Useful Post:
silegose (02-20-2008)
Old 02-20-2008, 01:06 AM   #603
silegose
Knitting the Flap

Fibrenut.. Thanks for the video... Sorry I did have to give a good chuckle for the person in the back ground. Mind you I do NOT know how to do cables so I was watching and listening very closely..

Dotty.. Funny you picked that one so did I. Just trying to find the right pattern... I dont have either of the ones you suggest. Can you direct me to where I might find them?

OT... Did any of you watch American Idol? Boy this season is going to be a tough battle for all of them.

FO: simple cable

http://silegose.blogspot.com/

Old 02-20-2008, 01:32 AM   #604
Jackie Lim
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie Lim
Welcome to the World of Pancakes. We love pancakes. Pancakes for breakfast with fruits bits/sryrup. Pancakes for lunch with fish meat/shredded chicken meat. Pancakes for dinner with floss chicken/pork. Better still, our favourite meal of the day - Tea break in the afternoon. Pancakes goes with ice-cream topping/nuts/choco bits.

Tami - boy, that i m alway getting - a fat st and a skinny one. So the method u r usiing in the video is called the continental method. I might try to learn it one of these day. Tks.

Silegose - The only American Idol we followed thru is the one whereby the Velet Teddybear got it - Rubein S.
We love Clay too.
Other than that, we are not following every season..

Welcome to my blog

FOs - In my blog
Old 02-20-2008, 02:00 AM   #605
Lieke
Working the Gusset

Msmelody, your socks look really great!

Originally Posted by siameezerlady View Post
Lieke, I looked up the book you are knitting from; did you know it's out of print, and on ebay, a copy just went for $99.00? It's even more than that on Amazon Books online! Awesomely beautiful sweaters, tho - yours is gorgeous!
Yes, I found out just recently. I've bought the book about half a year ago, I guess it was already out of print by then, but they had enough where I bought it. It was fairly expensive, but not as expensive as $99.00. If someone is interested in this book, you should check out ravelry. There's a poetry of stitches fan club and there's a message on that board about a reprint of this book. (ok, enough non-sock-knitting-talk)

GJ, you didn't miss the toe-up socks in SKS, there is I think 1 pattern for toe-up in there. You should buy MSKS. In this book, all patterns are cuff-down and toe-up.

silegose, that cardi look really pretty

My socks are going really slow. After I frogged them, it seems like it takes forever to knit new socks from them. Maybe it's because they're 72 sts in stead of 60. I remember my pomatomussocks being an endless knit as well.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:12 AM   #606
silegose
Knitting the Flap

lieke... Thank you

I just might work on the for a few days. I tried to start a sock however, I am getting so I have never done lace before but the book I have has a chevron lace pat. and I just cant seem to get it.

FO: simple cable

http://silegose.blogspot.com/

Old 02-20-2008, 10:14 AM   #607
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Fibrenut, that video is awesome! Thanks! I've done cabling with a needle, and I've done Amy's version without a needle (dropping and picking up stitches) and don't really like either way for small cables- I'll definitely be trying your method!

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
Old 02-20-2008, 10:16 AM   #608
Lisa1216
Turning the Heel

Morning Everyone! Thanks for all the links and videos. I bookmarked them, esp the videos, so I can watch them later today. I finally finished the baby afghan! I should have knitted a few more inches to it, but stopped last night after DH said,"You could fit 3 babies under it". I just wanted it to be close to square, and not short rectangular shaped. All I need to do now is weave in a few ends and wrap it up. I did CO for socks this morning on the drive into work with the "On your toes" yarn. I think it's just going to be a plain rib sock because the yarn is like tweed and I think a pattern will be lost. This skein was the last of my sock yarn stash, so I will need get more soon. I did order some of the KP Swish yarn from their clearance sale to do some heavier socks with. I already received an e-mail that it has shipped .

silegose~I watch American Idol too. There are a lot of good singers this season.

Julie~the new yarn is beautiful!

Gina~ Hope you fingers feel better soon.

TheKnitter~ I've done some preemie knitting too for charities. They knit up so fast and it feels good to send them off.

Dustina~Is 'Roo' your daughter's nickname? My oldest DD had that nickname in high school because she was in love with Roo from Winnie the Pooh. She's older now and doesn't really like it anymore, but I still call her 'Roo-Belle' sometimes.

To everyone else too!! Have a great day !!!

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

On the needles: Not much
Finshed: Nothing lately
Lisa1216 on Ravelry
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lisa1216 For This Useful Post:
G J (02-20-2008), The.Knitter (02-20-2008)
Old 02-20-2008, 10:17 AM   #609
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Good Morning Socksters!!

Let me just say right off that Roo and I are battling a cold...I had to take something to help me sleep last night cause I kept coughing...so I'm dealing witht hat nyquil buzz you have the next moring...so yeah bear with me..

Julie~ohh pretty stash! Thanks for th elink I'll watch it when I can focus

The.Knitter~Sure that way we can 1/2 it and I can buy the silver yarn...i think the red would be pretty for the ironworks I want to do

Silegose~I would check out KPC's sock patterns... I think you are ready to give any a go...

TAmi~Will check out your video when I can focus too..Congrats

Lieke~I think socks with more than 56sts take forever so I can imagine what 72 would feel like

Jackie~How are the Simply love socks coming?

dotty~how are your Jaywalkers coming?

GJ~I hope your finger feels better

ok going to go crash now and hope we can find a cute cartoon on for Roo while watchig more snow fall

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following User Says Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
G J (02-20-2008)
Old 02-20-2008, 10:19 AM   #610
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
LIsa~ohh that's cool...Roo thought that the winnie the pooh Roo was named after her the first time she put it together...her name is Ruth but I call her roo or roo bug

Abbily~which socks are you planning to do next?

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
Closed Thread