Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 09:47 PM   #641
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
GJ: If I were in your position, I'd stick with the tried and true method that you know works for you. Just my humble opinion though!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The Following User Says Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
G J (02-20-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-20-2008, 09:49 PM   #642
Jackie Lim
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie Lim
Morning ya' - Today is the 15th day of the Lunar New Year. It is the last day of celebrations for the Chinese. It is also the Chinese Valentine Day. See u again next year in the Year Of Ox.

Why is the Quick Reply screen always run to the top of my reply, and i have to scroll it down to where to continue writing.....??????????

My Simply Love is moving slowing into #3 heart, i think i m going to have 3 hearts on the foot. It is much easier knitting now as compared to the beg.

Can anyone advise me how do i continue into knitting the heel with 2 socks on a cir needle ?

Does this work for me (the Sherman Heel) http://hipknitism.com/classes/basic_ribbed_socks/lesson 4.shtml

i cast on 64st, as per the instru. , so C =64, 1/2C=32, 1/6C=11 (Is my calcalution correct ?)

Where do i start my Sherman St (on the same ndl where the heart is)

Dustina - If i do the Sherman Heel, no Gusset is needed ? After the Heel, i can follow the Simply Love pattern on Leg accordingly ?

(I m so sorry that u n Roo r being attacked by the "bug", maybe u can have a lemon juice with bit of honey, preferably warm, that what i will make if there is a bug in the family) and apply/rub the Vicks Vaporubs on the chest b4 sleep, this will help in a smooth breathing at night, especially with blocked nose - stack-up high pillow to sleep)

Silegose - That's a very nice pair of stitch marker. Does anyone use such lovely stitch marker on the knit ? I dont, cos i m afraid that it might be "pulling" my stitch. I will keep them in my treasure box of knit for admire.

Happy that your Sheeptale order is coming soon. The CTH yarn is sooo nice to knit with.

The Ilialace is added in my "to-do-list", it looks like simply love.
I bot beads (crystal) and stuffs last trip to a craft store, cant give a go on beautiful things.....grr ......wil try my hand on beading one of these day.

TheKnitter - Make some pancake with yr DD, bring the childhood back again

Abbily - #1 is sooooo sweet for a girl. I wonder whether can it be motify into one for my DD, 9yo. I would prefer a plain, solid colour for #2 for boy with the attractions on the buttons , like Dino, base-ball bat, trains, boots, alphabets....etc

Jenyy -Take care.

Siameerlady - Hi

Julie - Tks for the chart. It helps.

Welcome to my blog

FOs - In my blog
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jackie Lim For This Useful Post:
Abbily (02-21-2008), dustinac (02-21-2008), The.Knitter (02-20-2008)
Old 02-20-2008, 09:55 PM   #643
siameezerlady
Ribbing the Cuff

Gina, I don't know if it would make it worse for you, but mine is worse in my left side as well, which is weird, because I'm right handed. I fiddled around with what felt good and what gave me the right tension and came up with my sort-of Continental style. Sometimes when I get to a tricky place, I still grab and go English again. I read an article in an Interweave Knits past issue I got from ebay that interview Annie Modesitt (sp?), who has an unusual "combination" knitting style. Basically, she said whatever produced a nice knitted fabric was the correct way. That was very freeing to me to find my own way. The way I now knit doesn't move the hand very much at all, and the index finger only moves very slightly, but nothing is tense.
I have a question again for you all. I uploaded my photos from my camera to computer and resized them, etc. but I saw I have to have a url for them in order to import them into a note. I don't know how to do this. I have a Kodak photo gallery site - but when I bookmarked this page to go do a cut and paste for my new socks album, this note was lost when I came back, grrr. Sorry to be so computer un-savy. Help?
Old 02-20-2008, 10:06 PM   #644
siameezerlady
Ribbing the Cuff

http://www.kodakgallery.com/PhotoVie...14&folderid=0&

Trying again....

It worked!!!!! The red and white ribbon yarn isn't officially sock yarn, but I want to use it for the top of cuffs on some linen summer socks - I'm searching for the linen yarn right now. I think the blue yarn will give me a few pairs of socks - I would like to do the Monkey socks next in it, what do you think? Are the Monkey socks a good sock for an "adventurous beginner"?
Old 02-20-2008, 11:42 PM   #645
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Originally Posted by siameezerlady View Post
Gina, I don't know if it would make it worse for you, but mine is worse in my left side as well, which is weird, because I'm right handed. I fiddled around with what felt good and what gave me the right tension and came up with my sort-of Continental style. Sometimes when I get to a tricky place, I still grab and go English again. I read an article in an Interweave Knits past issue I got from ebay that interview Annie Modesitt (sp?), who has an unusual "combination" knitting style. Basically, she said whatever produced a nice knitted fabric was the correct way. That was very freeing to me to find my own way. The way I now knit doesn't move the hand very much at all, and the index finger only moves very slightly, but nothing is tense.
I wish I could see a video of your knitting! I'm right-handed, too.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:09 AM   #646
silegose
Knitting the Flap

Well I have started the monkey sock.. but it dont look right to me. I have only done 3 rows of the rib. It appears like I have holes. Is this right.
What I am doing is.... rnd 1 rib pattern.. K1 tbl, p1. this is what the pat. says. So I am 1 stitch knit into the back loop, then purl the next stitch. Is this correct? I just does not look right.

FO: simple cable

http://silegose.blogspot.com/

Old 02-21-2008, 12:16 AM   #647
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
that sounds right to me, I don't have the pattern in front of me, not sure why you have holes? wierd?
Old 02-21-2008, 12:24 AM   #648
silegose
Knitting the Flap

thanks julie, I will keep working what I am doing for now. Maybe it will look better the more rows I do.

FO: simple cable

http://silegose.blogspot.com/

Old 02-21-2008, 01:22 AM   #649
...dotty...
Working the Gusset

Location: Other side of the computer screen, back in Tennessee !
siameezerlady, that blue sounds perfect for Monkeys ! And you described the stitches correctly.........like Julie, I can't imagine where the holes are coming from. Like you said, maybe you just need to get farther along. That's the twisted rib stitch, and i like the looks of it so well that I do it almost anytime I rib the top of a sock in 1 x 1 ribbing.
I almost never use the postcard looking thingy up there that requires an URL to post a picture........only if I have it on Flickr or something. I just resize a photo and save it to my computer, and then when I reply, I almost never hit quick reply or the reply on someone's post. I usually use the reply button at the very bottom left of the page, because with it, you automatically get the section that contains "MANAGE ATTACHMENTS" (you can get it in quick reply by clicking on the ADVANCED feature). Anyway, with that option, you can hit the browse button and upload pictures directly from where you saved them in your pictures on your computer.
To open another window, click on the little - button or the little box in the middle, in those three buttons at the very top right of your computer screen. Then open your internet connection again, by clicking on your internet icon like you did to open the first window. Then if you use the box looking button (that says restore down when you hover over it with your mouse) you can make that window small, too, and see both windows........or you can just click from one to the other down there in the bottom bar. I hate it when I go to something and come back and my reply is gone !

MY RAVELRY ......... MY BLOG ....... http://dollyshome.blogspot.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to ...dotty... For This Useful Post:
siameezerlady (02-21-2008)
Old 02-21-2008, 02:03 AM   #650
Jackie Lim
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie Lim
http://flickr.com/photos/7548018@N07/?saved=1

Is this how to post a pic here ? Can u see my Simply Love sock growing pics ?

My questions is is it long enough to start the Sherman Heel now ? How many rows does the Sherman Heel needs ?

If not, i will then knit the Gusset part as follow the pattern. Is my sock long enough to knit the gusset ? As this calls for dpns, how do i start my gusset on a cir needle ?

Thank you.

Welcome to my blog

FOs - In my blog
Closed Thread