Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 01:14 PM   #6511
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Christine~I'm sure they will love the gifts

Carey~Have fun tonight!!

Ann~Enjoy your day off (make some knitting time)

Hi everyone!

QOTD: I stopped counting at 44 pairs and that was at the beginning of the summer...I've dyed a few more and tofutsies added a few more to my stash and then mom has...I'm afraid to count it all

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
knitgal (10-02-2008), The.Knitter (10-02-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-02-2008, 01:20 PM   #6512
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

Hey all! Happy news from me: I took the GRE today and got good scores. My best friend took it at the same time - she didn't do as well but got good enough scores to apply where she wants. She freaks out easily so of course she isn't happy with the scores but, really, they aren't so bad. For me the worst part of the test was waking up at 6am... really why don't they offer the GRE at a rational time, like noon, when I'm actually awake?
My knitting blog: http://emilai333.wordpress.com/
Old 10-02-2008, 01:25 PM   #6513
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Hi friends,
I came home for lunch between students today. I have a touch of a sore throat and feel pretty tired. Glad I have off tomorow.

Sue, did you win/get anything at the taping? I PMed you my email addy for the recipe.

Bobbi, what yarn are you using that's so SOOOFFTTT?

Dustina, I missed the thread showing how people knit. I'll have to search for it! 44 pairs!

Christine, have fun delivering!

QOTD: One. ANd DH will probably knit up that pair. Small gauge knitting is too hard on my hands. I DO help him, though, so I guess that's still sock knitting, right?

Carey, I reserved the first in the 44 Scotland series from the library. Can't wait to start!

Jess, CONGRATULATIONS! Great job!

Okay. it's time to head to my afternoon students. DD is coming home today.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
jess_hawk (10-02-2008), The.Knitter (10-02-2008)
Old 10-02-2008, 02:47 PM   #6514
Karina
Working the Gusset

Gina - hows your dad, still doing good I hope. Feel better soon.

Ann - sorry to hear about Josh's uncle. I do love how you look in your beret, very cute. great job.

Christine - glad you got your car back. I can't survive without mine, public transport is non-existent where I live. look forward to seen photos of the blankets being delivered.

Emily - great job on your test scores. what does GRE mean?

Julie - Cute wine bag. did you sew on the novelty yarn?

Dustina - I am stunned. 44 pair of socks. I love the thread about peoples knitting as well. I don't have a camcorder but found out that Tarantella (Sophie) used her web cam to do her video, so I will be trying to do one using that.

QOTD i think i have enough sock yarn for about 8 pairs of socks, haven't actually run around the house and counted but that is the yarn I remember buying.

I picked up my wheel on Tuesday and have been trying to figure out the basic. But Maisey won't leave it alone. so the double drive bands are usually hanging off. First time it happened it took me for ever to try and get the string back on the wheel properly. I may have to wait to take the lessons till after Christmas because our schedules does not match up except for late evenings. I just don't fancy start driving around at 9pm at night. after Christmas hopefully Maisey will have another day at playschool and I will be able to do it then.

Has anybody seen the Da Vinci KAL on ravelry. Nearly drove me insane. have to figure out 6 riddles to get the pattern. Every riddle solved gives you part of the pattern. I spent nearly 7 hours figuring out the riddles and still needed help. So now I feel completely stupid but one lace shawl pattern richer. Worth it in the end.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:36 PM   #6515
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Karina View Post
Emily - great job on your test scores. what does GRE mean?
Has anybody seen the Da Vinci KAL on ravelry. Nearly drove me insane. have to figure out 6 riddles to get the pattern. Every riddle solved gives you part of the pattern. I spent nearly 7 hours figuring out the riddles and still needed help. So now I feel completely stupid but one lace shawl pattern richer. Worth it in the end.
The GRE is an exam that communicates to different grad schools what you know, kind of like the ACT does for undergrad, or maybe more like the SAT? I only took the ACT, which doesn't have an essay section, the GRE does. Anyway, there's lots of tests for grad schools, but I took the general GRE (M-CATS are for people looking at med school, so that's what a lot of my classmates are freaking about at the moment). I'll have to take the biology specific GRE too, probably.

That KAL sounds like fun! But I have way too much to do right now, lol!
My knitting blog: http://emilai333.wordpress.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to jess_hawk For This Useful Post:
Karina (10-02-2008)
Old 10-02-2008, 06:03 PM   #6516
BobbiKnits
1st Leg of the Journey

Carey & Gina- I'm using Patons shetland chunky. I was a bit skeptical at first, but it's knit up so well and has a nice tweed-y look.

I've had a lot of time to knit at work, so I got the rest of the body done on the cardigan. I also have to go back to work 8-9, and I'm hoping to get the rest of the trim done. It's looking pretty nice. Maybe I'll be able to post some pictures from my phone when it's all done.

OTN: Bold & Bulky mini cardigan, rectangle tunic

My Blog
The Following User Says Thank You to BobbiKnits For This Useful Post:
G J (10-03-2008)
Old 10-02-2008, 06:08 PM   #6517
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Originally Posted by knitgal View Post
Also, thank you for the nice comments about my beret. I really enjoyed knitting something that wasn't on size 1 or 2 needles- it went a lot faster! I am actually blocking the beret to see if I can make it a little more slouchy. I knit tightly and I think it was a little smaller than usual.

On my Balmorals (beret with a pom pom) I wet them, get most of the water out then wear until dry. Perfect fit and blocked to my head. Which is good since I am a block head to begin with.

The Following User Says Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
knitgal (10-02-2008)
Old 10-02-2008, 06:10 PM   #6518
cacunn
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by Abbily View Post
Chris, THANKS! Have you ever watched the Hamish Macbeth TV series? I watched a lot of it when I lived in Scotland, but havenít seen it since. Hmm, Iíll have to see if I can get it around here.
I have not seen the series, but it is no my find list now that I have read the book.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:14 PM   #6519
cacunn
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by jess_hawk View Post
Hey all! Happy news from me: I took the GRE today and got good scores. My best friend took it at the same time - she didn't do as well but got good enough scores to apply where she wants. She freaks out easily so of course she isn't happy with the scores but, really, they aren't so bad. For me the worst part of the test was waking up at 6am... really why don't they offer the GRE at a rational time, like noon, when I'm actually awake?

Jess you know what they call the person the graduates last at medical school?

Doctor

If the grade is good enough to get into the school you want they are great.

Congratulations on your grade!

The Following User Says Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
jess_hawk (10-02-2008)
Old 10-02-2008, 06:26 PM   #6520
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Blankets have been delivered.
For those who are interested, the photo chronicals of our trip to Toronto to deliver the Canadian Oddball Baby Blankets to the Hospital for Sick Children are posted in the Charity Section, in the thread called Canadian Oddball Baby Blanket KAL. There are a lot of pictures so I don't want to post them twice. If you'd like to see them, feel free to have a look over there.

The trip went well, we did not get lost and the Donations Co-ordinator, once seeing the blankets and journals, seemed much happier than she had before she saw things coming out of the box.

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

Closed Thread