Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 09:11 AM   #9021
Lieke
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by cacunn View Post

See if you can find out what there doubts are so you can address then after you get the job, or so you can address them in your next interview.
I know their doubts, but they are kind of hard to explain. Since I'll be working with criminals, it's really important to keep the right relationship (it's their responsibility to get better, and just other things in interaction). And it's a group, in which I don't have ANY experience. So their main doubts are my inexperience, but when I'm there, they can see if I'll be able to learn quickly enough. I hope I will.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-21-2009, 09:26 AM   #9022
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
THanks Sue.

Lieke You'll do fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
Lieke (03-21-2009)
Old 03-21-2009, 02:26 PM   #9023
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Lieke you will do a great job we all know it.

The Following User Says Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
Lieke (03-21-2009)
Old 03-21-2009, 02:54 PM   #9024
knitgal
Working the Gusset

Just to let you all know I won't be around much for the next few days. My mom died suddenly in a tragic accident a few days ago and I have been very busy and will be very busy with the funeral etc. I never thought I would be planning my mother's funeral at 23.

OTN: Corona, Miter square blanket, Charity blankets
FO: Forest Canopy Shawl, Easy Baby Bootees, Kitty Pi, Ms. Marigold, Twinkle Toes, Josh's socks, Hedera socks, Spring Beret, Ashley's Birthday socks, Socks for the DBF's mom, grey socks for the DBF, my first socks, reversible cable scarf, ribbed hat for the BF, Manos Del Uruguay afghan, and a whole bunch of dishcloths!

Old 03-21-2009, 05:30 PM   #9025
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
I had all kinds of things planned to write about in this post but then I came across the last post. Now all I can think about is "Oh my God Ann, what can I do to help?" I am sending you huge hugs, and any support I can give you, remember that I am only a phone call away. I lost my mother seven years ago now and I know what you have to go through and are going through. Feel free to call me, please!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

Old 03-21-2009, 05:54 PM   #9026
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Lieke: I am sure you will do a great job! Every job needs some practice to get the right experience. Good luck!

Sue & Dustinac: I'm coming back to "normal" finally. Today I even have some energy and am doing laundry.

Sue: Those doll clothes are gorgeous! I am sure your DGD is going to love them.

Jess: I'm so glad that your move around went so easily. You're lucky, it could have gone so much worse!!! Enjoy your peace.

Julie: YES you deserve it! The green food looked like the kids enjoyed it a lot. Good idea.

Chris: How's your aunt doing? We do NOT know that you are a sick puppy! You appear to be perfectly healthy to me! By the way, it was lucky your alarm clock did not go off. Imagine if your DSWMBO&A had had to deal with that alone?

Ann: Those are absolutely gorgeous sox Hon. They are so pretty and the pattern is very intricate. I love lace. I bet you're proud of them!

I haven't gotten any knitting done in the last week. When I get sick it usually goes straight to my ears, and with all the weather changes lately my ears have been going crazy and the vertigo has been awful. I still have a cough and my throat is still a bit sore, but I feel much better than I have for the last week. Finally this flu bug is leaving me and the vertigo has settled down.

Boots had his class today and the teacher is very proud of how well he is doing. I heard several people say how "well trained" he is. If they saw him at home they would never believe that!

My DH came home the other day with two gymn bags. I commented on them and he told me he had bought our "anniversary" gift to each other. When I asked, I was told that he had purchased two year long gymn memberships, one for him and one for me. This place even has a pool which is my favourite exercise. It looks like I am going to get fit! We went for our fitness exam today and I... ummm failed miserably, although I did manage to have all the right clothing to wear even though I do look like a bull moose in them! Imagine going for a fitness test when you've been in bed sick for almost a week? I'm told I have to loose 40 lbs. I have NEVER been this much overweight in my life. Two years ago I weighed 130 lbs. which is just perfect for my height. Our scale at home must be wrong and I thought I only had to loose 20 lbs. so I was not too concerned about it. Now I am! I intend try to to loose my butt (oops the excess weight) by my birthday in August.

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
jess_hawk (03-22-2009), Lieke (03-21-2009)
Old 03-21-2009, 06:29 PM   #9027
Lieke
Working the Gusset

Ann, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I can't nearly imagine how it is to lose your mom so young, let alone so suddenly. Sending you lots of love and hugs.

Old 03-21-2009, 07:15 PM   #9028
cacunn
Instepping Out

Ann My prayers and thoughts are with you. It is never a easy task no matter your age.

Old 03-21-2009, 07:16 PM   #9029
cacunn
Instepping Out

My Aunt is doing great and is home with her son for at least the weekend.

Christine I have to be one sick puppy my nose is dry and cold!

Last edited by cacunn : 03-21-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:59 PM   #9030
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
I'm just getting on today and seen your post Ann, I'm so sorry!! I know I'm a little ways from ya but if you need anything that I can do please let me know!! Your family is in my thoughts and prayers

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
Closed Thread