Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie Lim
hi
morning,
another day ahead ....

go ahead and try different hairstyles, it fun to play

Welcome to my blog

FOs - In my blog

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-29-2009, 10:33 PM   #9542
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Originally Posted by Jackie Lim View Post
morning,
another day ahead ....

go ahead and try different hairstyles, it fun to play
I tried but I just could not get the Hair-Gennie to work. Maybe I just don't have enough body or maybe its just the problems at work

The Following User Says Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
Jackie Lim (04-30-2009)
Old 04-30-2009, 08:23 AM   #9543
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Good Morning Socksters!!

Lieke~That's wonderful

Julie~That's great that the curl is still staying, I'll have to see if I can get Roo to do that, she hates for her hair to be fooled with but doesn't want to cut it 'cause of the recital. Usually I just keep her hair in a short 'bob'...hate to hear about the dresses that stinks...did you guys let the lady know she didn't do a good job maybe she would do a partial refund?

Gina~I haven't wanted to make the FLS until I seen this one on ravelry not sure why I like it so much more than the orginal...I think it's her length...

Carey~Sounds like a wonderful evening out hope you had a good time

Chris~

Jackie~I hope it cools down for you soon

Hi Sue, Christine, Lisa, Carla, Rosalie, Lady Vi, Mare, and everyone!

Roo's MP3 player stopped working it was just a 10.00 cheap one and let me tell you what...there hasn't been peace here since then. Those little MP3 players help so much in car rides, practices, games...Isaiah listens to his while she practices and she does the same at his...so I went online and found another cheap but not so cheap one on Kmart.com had it sent here...got it last night thinking yes just in time for all of our running around, opened it up and it was cellphone ear thing a mig jig... so I called them and they said I could send it back but it would be quicker just to take it to a local Kmart...so this morning after Roo's dance class we will be making the 40 minute drive to return the cell phone thing a bob and hopefully get the same MP3 player there...then we have soccer practice tonight...

JD has been doing project runs and hasn't been getting home early at all this week so it makes for long evenings for us all...

Tomorrow not sure when I'll make it on as we have Pasteries for parents at the school in the morning and then I'm not sure if she will have AR testing or not...JD is missing the first part of the day to go with us though as some in Isaiah's class have been teasing him about his parents being divorced ...I tell ya if it's not one thing its another. JD would love to do more but he just doesn't work close enough to swing in here and there...and he would rather use his days off this summer when the kids are home...and we go to WV

I printed off the pattern for this last night and going to CO this morning...I think I should be able to do this during all the practices better than the lace shawl

I hope you all have a wonderful day of knitting

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following User Says Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
Lieke (04-30-2009)
Old 04-30-2009, 10:45 AM   #9544
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Originally Posted by dustinac View Post
Julie~That's great that the curl is still staying, I'll have to see if I can get Roo to do that, she hates for her hair to be fooled with but doesn't want to cut it 'cause of the recital. Usually I just keep her hair in a short 'bob'...hate to hear about the dresses that stinks...did you guys let the lady know she didn't do a good job maybe she would do a partial refund?
Dustina the bad part about the lady that did a crapy job on the dresses is that it's the future mother in law.

Here's a photo of me after rag curlers...really not bad to sleep in; I was surprised.
You can check my blog for a picture of what my hair normally looks like.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	fro 002 - Copy.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	52622  
Old 04-30-2009, 11:49 AM   #9545
Lieke
Working the Gusset

Julie, your hair looks great in curls!

Ok, I'm in total shock today. I just came back from work, but had heard the news there. It's queensday here in the Netherlands (birthday of our former queen, it'd have been her 100th, so there were extra festivities) and that's always a lot of festivities and thing. The queen visits 2 cities (this year 1) and there are a lot of old dutch habits on these days. Today, some kind of idiot decided to drive his car into a crowd, just where our queen was at the moment. At this moment, there are 4 people dead, 5 severly injured and 8 injured. Like I said, I'm in total shock. What on earth moves a person to do something like that. Itīs not like it was an accident, he had driven trough a few fences before he was able to run his car into the crowd...

Old 04-30-2009, 11:58 AM   #9546
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Rosalie, I'm with you! My hair doesn't curl, either...esp. here in Houston, where it's almost always at least 80% humidity! I'm a believer in the philosophy of "Work with what you have." My hair is stick-straight and I wear it in a style that works with straight hair. Yes, I use product to get the style that looks best, but I'm not about to spend a lot of time trying to get it to look different than what it is!

Julie, $30 a dress is pretty low. I guess it goes to show that you get what you pay for! Can you press the seams to make it look better? That's a LOT of curl! I think I like your straighter hair better, but that's just MHO! Are you going to trim the bangs to give them more swing?
Thanks for the input on the FLS. I ordered yarn for it. It's listed as a heavy DK. I'll do a gauge swatch and wash it first to check for stretching. This is what I ordered. I like the pink flecks in it. And only $28 for a sweater!

Jackie, can you keep the curls in your humidity?

Chris, you made me laugh! Thanks!

Dustina, that's the FLS that made me want to make it. The Yarn Harlot also has a pretty one out of handspun. SO lovely! Bummer about the MP3 player. What do your kids listen to? I like the Shorty you CO.

No job today. Just as well. My heart is driving me nuts. It races and makes me short of breath and the PVCs are annoying. I'm not worried about it since the cardiologist said not to, but ARG! And my hands have been bothering me, so I can't just knit all day. I'm thinking about doing size reassignment surgery to DH's sweater that I made last year. It grew so much that it looks like a sack on him. That will give my hands a variety of motion, so hopefully, they won't be bothered.

Lieke, that's TERRIBLE! Why people do stuff like that is beyond me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (04-30-2009), knittingymnast (04-30-2009)
Old 04-30-2009, 12:41 PM   #9547
Lieke
Working the Gusset

I agree, it really is terrible. I've been watching tv and have seen how it happened. I just don't know what to say. I just can't wrap my mind around it. I've tried to knit, but just don't feel like it. I've got my dinner in the oven, but I'm not hungry. I just keep thinking about all those families who have to cope with injured or dead relatives. From what I've heard on our news, they think the guy wanted to kill the queen and her family...

Old 04-30-2009, 01:38 PM   #9548
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Originally Posted by jberry16 View Post
Dustina the bad part about the lady that did a crapy job on the dresses is that it's the future mother in law.
I know it's not funny but when I read that part I couldn't help it...oh man!

Your hair looks good, I just got mine cut short again so I can't try it...I got tired of letting it grow out

Lieke~OH NO that is horrible! I'm so sorry to read that and will keep everyone in my prayers, now days you just never know!

Gina~Are you drinking more caffeine now with the stress? That might also help the heart beat faster...I know when JD had all the tests ran with his skipping/speeding up/slowing down/stopping/resetting...they decided it was redbull and coffee I pray everyday they are right and it's not something more! That is a cute one too...I like the natural color although with 2 kids that might not be a smart choice... They listen to different types of songs all approved by JD and me...Roo has a lot of Pre-school songs that I can get through rhapsody like Baa Baa black sheep...mary had a little lamb...and also some tv shows like Barney/Dora...Then Isaiah he choses more pop style songs but we have to listen to them first and make sure they are ok...it really does help for car rids and waiting times...Your in my prayers I'm like Carey not sure what you should do...don't let them run you out but also don't let them ruin your health

I didn't take the drive we started that way and it started pouring the rain to where I couldn't see...being a nervous driver anyways I found a spot...turned around and came home...Roo is now hoping that soccer practice will be cancelled

The Following User Says Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (04-30-2009)
Old 04-30-2009, 03:23 PM   #9549
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Dustina, I have a bunch of preschool music CD's that my kids aren't interested in- do you want them? I have a They Might Be Giants cd, a Beatles for Kids cd (sung by kids...), I think I still have Joe McDermot, plus a couple of other random things. Let me know if you want them... I've been contemplating throwing them away, but I'd rather someone got some use out of them.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
The Following User Says Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
dustinac (04-30-2009)
Old 04-30-2009, 04:29 PM   #9550
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Originally Posted by Abbily View Post
Dustina, I have a bunch of preschool music CD's that my kids aren't interested in- do you want them? I have a They Might Be Giants cd, a Beatles for Kids cd (sung by kids...), I think I still have Joe McDermot, plus a couple of other random things. Let me know if you want them... I've been contemplating throwing them away, but I'd rather someone got some use out of them.
Carey, I know Roo would love them she listens to CDs here in the house and in the car with me...If your sure you can't use them anymore I would be happy to take them off your hands...just pm me with the details...Thank you so much

Closed Thread