Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 04:58 PM   #9941
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Gina, YIKES! How old are DD and BF? I'm sure any daughter of yours probably has a good head on her shoulders. Hang in there, mom.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-10-2009, 05:15 PM   #9942
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Carey, they're 21 (DD) and 22 (BF). I'm just not sure how I feel about the BF. He's very nice and is a Christian, but is very concerned with how he looks and sometimes dresses rather weird. He is of Indian descent and his parents kicked him out of the house for awhile when he became a Christian. They're Jainists and vegetarians and were VERY upset that he now eats meat and no longer buys into their religion. (He loves to eat here b/c I serve meat!) DD has still not met his dad b/c he would be VERY against the relationship, insisting that his son marry an Indian girl. We had a good conversation with DD about it and talked about how you marry a family, not just an individual and she's very open to considering our concerns. She IS a great kid with a good head on her shoulders, but she is "In LOVE!" (and I'm sure they both have those raging hormones!) and that sometimes clouds your judgment!
The Following User Says Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
1to1 (06-11-2009)
Old 06-10-2009, 05:24 PM   #9943
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Gina~I'll keep your DD and her BF in my prayers ...ohh that is going to feel very cold to you guys...pack some warm long johns....Yeah they are suppose to be for meat...they told us they never have a big grocery bill from the meat and then along with the garden and fruit growing there. I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it though...I was petting them on Saturday and talking to them...JD came up behind me and said now, now, remember that is suppose to be steak and hamburger (he has already said I couldn't name them) ...Mom bought half of one and he told her on Saturday, I think you just bought half of a very expensive pet ...they have told me in the spring we will buy a calf that I can name and keep

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following User Says Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
G J (06-10-2009)
Old 06-10-2009, 07:25 PM   #9944
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
they're done!
Mom & Dad are leaving next weekend to go to Vallecieto Lake, CO and today's high there was only 69' so I figured I'd better get these darn fingerless gloves finished. And re-knit the right hand fingers & thumb. So I came home after getting the cat's rear end shaved & put on a movie for the kids & like a mad woman. I'm pleased to say they're done & all ends are woven in & the fingers on the right hand are re-done
Old 06-10-2009, 07:35 PM   #9945
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Originally Posted by dustinac View Post
Gina~I'll keep your DD and her BF in my prayers ...ohh that is going to feel very cold to you guys...pack some warm long johns....Yeah they are suppose to be for meat...they told us they never have a big grocery bill from the meat and then along with the garden and fruit growing there. I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it though...I was petting them on Saturday and talking to them...JD came up behind me and said now, now, remember that is suppose to be steak and hamburger (he has already said I couldn't name them) ...Mom bought half of one and he told her on Saturday, I think you just bought half of a very expensive pet ...they have told me in the spring we will buy a calf that I can name and keep
Dustina you can name them; Steak & Hamburger. ok sorry that was mean, but I had to say it.
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
dustinac (06-11-2009)
Old 06-10-2009, 09:14 PM   #9946
Abbily
Instepping Out

Gina, wow, I see your concern! It's so true about marrying a family, not just a person. I'll say a prayer for them, too.

Julie, the gloves look great!

Dustina, I don't think I could eat something once I had been petting it, either.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
dustinac (06-11-2009), jberry16 (06-10-2009)
Old 06-10-2009, 09:45 PM   #9947
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Thank you all for prayers for DD and her BF. We keep talking and will continue to do so!

Dustina, Home-grown beef is SO good! You need to see it as an investment in the feeding of your family, not as a pet! The kittens are the pets, the beef is the beef. BTW, Cows are for milk and have had calves. You keep them around because they produce milk and CAN be pets. If the ones you have are female and have never calved, they are heifers (pronounced heffer). (Can you tell I grew up around them?)
So here's some cattle humor for you that the kids might like:
How does a farmer keep track of all the cattle?
With a cow-culator!
What do you call a bull thatís sleeping?
A bull-dozer!
Whatís the most important use of cowhide?
It holds the cow together!
Where do cows go to dance?
The meat ball!

Julie, your fingerless gloves look fantastic! SO nice!

Christine, Ann, Jackie, Sue, Jess, Chris, everyone who hasn't posted lately... how are you?

Where are all you people?Enjoying summer?

I'll be heading to WA tomorrow. It's my parents 50th wedding anniversary next week. They're renting a BIG house near Leavenworth, WA to get my sisters and families together. I hope it goes well. My oldest sister is single and hasn't ever really learned how to live with other people. I just found out she's already at my folks' house so we'll get virtually NO vacation time without her around. I love her, but she drives us all crazy with her bossiness. Ugh. But, DS is there and we'll get to spend a couple of weeks with him, so that's good!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
1to1 (06-11-2009), dustinac (06-11-2009), jberry16 (06-10-2009), knitgal (06-10-2009)
Old 06-10-2009, 10:51 PM   #9948
sue in canada
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,871 Times in 1,270 Posts
Hi everyone.

Dustina: Congratulations on the house. How exciting for you. Glad the children had fun at the pool. As for the cows, I could not have them around all the time and then have them for meat supply. I can't even think about it, I don't eat much meat anyway, but that would be impossible for me. I certainly am not a country girl.

Gina: Have a good trip. Don't worry about DD. I am sure she has a good head and won't rush into things.

Carey: Look forward to seeing pictures. That is a great thing to do.

Julie: The gloves look great.

Hi Lisa, Christine, Rosalie, Jess, Chris and anyone else I have missed.

I haven't really had a chance to catch up, I have been really busy and my computer was out of action for a while. Still no knitting but I did at least get yarn and needles out to start again. I have been making cards to see if they will sell at the scrapbook store's sidewalk sale on Saturday.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:01 AM   #9949
Abbily
Instepping Out

OK ladies, here are the pictures!

Before:

During:

And after:

I think she looks great, except that it makes her look older!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
1to1 (06-11-2009), jberry16 (06-11-2009), jess_hawk (06-16-2009)
Old 06-11-2009, 09:22 AM   #9950
Abbily
Instepping Out

I almost forgot! Just because she's so cute (if I do say so myself!)... here's a picture of Abby in her ballet recital costume.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
cacunn (06-11-2009), jberry16 (06-11-2009)
Closed Thread