Old 02-05-2008, 06:26 PM   #21
lelvsdgs
Working the Gusset

This totally depends on what's happening when I get home. I try to get in at least an hour but sometimes I get sidetracked with the computer. I have been unsucessful in knitting and being on the computer at the same time. Plus, I have cats, and they are either sitting on the computer keyboard or chasing yarn so yeah, doesn't really work for me.

http://www.frappr.com/knittinghelp

Knitting is saving my sanity

OTN: Hats, hats and soon, socks!

FO:Hats-about 6 of them and a scarf for a coworker
lelvsdgs is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-05-2008, 10:21 PM   #22
Plantgoddess+
Working the Gusset

This winter has been a slow one for me, so some days I can get in up to 6 hours in between housework, baking, shoveling snow etc. Some days I don't get any done, but I think I'm averaging about 30 hours a week.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:51 PM   #23
Suziblues
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Yahoo to Suziblues
I like to knit all day long. I'm my elderly mother's main care taker so I have lots of knitting time. My mom is the one who taught me!
I only stop to brush her hair or bath her or feed her or read or talk to her. Another words: I knit all the time unless I'm giving my mother attention. Probably about 5 hours a day. But I'm sure once summer comes we will be spending more time outside, walking, so that will take up more time. dang. But I do knit while we are sitting on the porch during summer nights.
You get what you need."
M. Jagger
Suziblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:52 AM   #24
gatorjade
1st Leg of the Journey

It all depends on how much schoolwork I have. For instance, this week I will not be doing any knitting until I finish two exams and hand in a paper that's due on Friday (after which I'll be going straight to my part-time job!). Why can't I indulge in my stress-relieving hobby when I need it the most?

OTN: Drawstring Chemise (IK, Spring '08 Issue)
gatorjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:10 AM   #25
Debkcs
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,192 Posts
So we average about an hour to an hour and a half. That's not bad!

I used to be the night nurse in a recovery unit, could't get anything done. Switched to being a night charge in an Alzhiemers unit, and got a lot of crocheting done. It was so much less stress.

Thanks for responding, I did wonder if I was slacking off here.

Deb

"All good things and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of Lights who cannot change."
James 1:17
Debkcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:55 AM   #26
WandaT
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,479 Times in 1,441 Posts
I, too, tend to get 2-3 hrs (at night) on a normal day. Some days my energy level isn't very high and I get / take more time. On really hectic days, I usuall steal 30 min or so before going to bed at night. I have to get my "fix" !! My youngest is a senior in high school so I don't have little ones to run after. But when she was younger I did daycare in my home and was really into cross stitching at that point. So I would grab every moment to do a few more "x's" ...

Wanda T
My Blog
My Ravelry
WandaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:54 PM   #27
Debkcs
Instepping Out

(((((Jade))))) Best of luck with the paper and the finals. I remember those days all too well. Spring Break should be soon though, maybe you'll get some time to yourself.

I'm cherishing every moment of my 19 m.o. grand daughter who we take care of three days a week, ten hours a day, but I sure will be glad when I can get out my knitting around her. I'm afraid that she'll frog the sweater I'm working on. Usually I get out the Palindrome scarf, she can't hurt that too badly.

"All good things and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of Lights who cannot change."
The Following User Says Thank You to Debkcs For This Useful Post:
gatorjade (02-06-2008)
Old 02-06-2008, 02:51 PM   #28
Birdiegirl
Ribbing the Cuff

I just started knitting in January 2008....I spend an average of an hour a day...more on weekends...less on weeknights.

I made myself a practice afghan using cheap yarns....and then I got some nicer yarn and made myself a really nice one...and now my son wants one. Plus I've made a practice hat and a practice hood...a practice scarf...then I worked up three "nice" scarves...a bathmat for the bathroom floor....3 hot pads....right now have my first dish rag out of cotton on my needles and am teaching myself the seed stitch pattern...

I've gone a bit crazy!!!

I work full time, ride my horse 4 or 5 nights a week and have a teenage son.

Busy is good...

Robin
Birdiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:19 PM   #29
knittingymnast
Working the Gusset

It depends on the day. On Monday, usually about 3-5 hours. Tuesday, 1-2 hours. Wednesday, 1/2-2 hours. Thursday, 1-2 hours. Friday, 4-5 hours. Weekends vary. Saturdays, usually around 6 1/2. Sundays, usually around 7.

Last edited by knittingymnast : 02-07-2008 at 05:20 PM. Reason: ahhhh!
knittingymnast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:01 AM   #30
Debkcs
Instepping Out

BirdieGirl, you seemed to have taught yourself knitting in a very organized way, good on you! I thought that since I was an expert crocheter, knitting would come naturally, and started with a rather difficult sock pattern. Could knit and purl, but didn't know a thing about short rows, and the pattern called for them.

By the time you've been here a year, you'll be making garments like ArtLady1981.

BTW, is that your palamino? Beautiful horse!