Old 02-07-2008, 10:30 PM   #11
bonstance
Ribbing the Cuff

I'm glad to know that the bamboo stops shedding - I really love the handwarmers I finished the other day with the bamboo, but about halfway through I was thinking I may have made a mistake with my yarn choice because of the shedding... I kept going anyway, and I'm glad. The parcel delivery lady admired them today, since I was wearing them (while knitting, of course) when she came to the door!
bonstance is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-08-2008, 05:42 AM   #12
KnitWit1987
1st Leg of the Journey

I took advantage of this same sale at Michaels, I got the Bernat Alpaca, it is extremely soft. I don't think I would ever use it again though because it sheds so bad. I have used other yarns that shed before but this is worse. Also it is 2 ply and basically comes apart as soon as you start knitting with it. I am going to finish the hat and scarf I am making with it but mostly because I bought 5 skeins of it!!
Old 02-08-2008, 09:42 AM   #13
psquidy
Turning the Heel

I love it!
Old 02-08-2008, 10:40 AM   #14
sakura-panda
Turning the Heel

So I stopped at the store yesterday to see what they had -- and they have the Soy on clearance for $2 too (as well as being on sale 2/$6. I'm not sure why they bothered with the sale tag). I wanted to grab some, but I resisted since I don't have a project in mind.

I should probably start a new thread for this question, but how do you buy yarn when you don't have a project already in mind? Do you just buy a couple of skeins and hope for the best? Do you have a set amount that you get when you're just stash building?

There were some very pretty colors in all of the sale yarns, so I'll probably go back tonight or this weekend and buy some, but I can't decide if I want 1, 2 or 3 skeins for "someday".
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:03 AM   #15
Plantgoddess+
Working the Gusset

When I acquired my stash, I guessed at what I might want to make sweaters with and bought 10 skeins. Others I thought might make nice accent yarns and only bought 1 or 2. I wasn't much into socks at the time so mainly purchased in groups of 10. Some of the leftovers from those are now being turned into socks, mittens. gloves for myself or friends. Some of it I still haven't found a project for, but I look at patterns with an eye to what might work with yarn I already have.