Old 08-25-2008, 10:45 PM   #21
auntcrafty
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by lynn893 View Post
Those hedgehogs are SOO cute!
Have you seen the 'Jean Greenhowe' hedgehogs? They're just as cute, and a little easier, I think? They're from her knit book - Knitted Toys published by Hamlyn.
These hedgehogs? I had seen them. I like them and these the best. They look more like "Hedgie" from The Hat. I'm going to get over my cheapness and purchase Debbie Radtke's.

"....that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love... Colossians 2:2
auntcrafty is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-26-2008, 09:00 AM   #22
Cynamar
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to Cynamar Send a message via Yahoo to Cynamar
I was gonig to make alligator scarves for all of the kids in the family and I stocked up on Wool Ease for them but I don't know how many I will get done. I've become a selfish knitter. I want to make things for others but I'm still new and there is so much that I want to make and I don't have a lot of knitting time. I am going to make the dog a felted square to snooze on. Don't know why. She just likes to lie on things. She will choose the chair that has a sweater tossed in the seat. One time I got home from an interview and she was on the bed while I changed. She got up from where she was and moved over onto my suit. I want to make Julianne some socks even though she only wants scarves and a sweater dress from me. I don't know if I will get a dress done but I'll look into it. I might make a small felted bag for one cousin. That's it for Christmas and knitting!!! All of my other knitting time is my sweaters!

While there's tea there's hope. - Sir Arthur Pinero

My KH Blog Thread

My Blog
Cynamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:58 AM   #23
Karina
Working the Gusset

I will have to make a proper list for Christmas. So far I have only thought to make the coat for my daughter. I have half the back done and it is so getting on my nerves so have had a break from it for the last couple of months. The kids go back to school next Tuesday so will start on that again. Have a quarter of an Alligator scarf done for my son. My brother is visiting at the moment and has requested a pair of thick socks for work so am trying to figure out what sort of yarn is the strongest. Have a pattern for fiber trend slipper boots for kids but think I will buy the adult version and make some slippers for the in-laws.
Probably do some wash cloths for my sons teacher.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:30 PM   #24
Secksiebrat
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to Secksiebrat
I figured I'd jump in and post what I"ll be working on for christmas presents.
Hubby: Camo hat
Son: Camo hat
Dad: felted clogs
Grandmother: Felted clogs
Grandfather: Felted clogs
Nieces (2): Knitted tanktops

That's a good start for now

~danielle~

Secksiebrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 04:23 PM   #25
esiuol
Ribbing the Cuff

Wow!!! I like some of the items everyone is making for christmas I did forget about hats but I think I will use the knifty knitter for them. my list has got a little longer so I think I am going to make some fun fur scarfs
esiuol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:38 PM   #26
Daylilydayzed
Turning the Heel

I will join this knit along, currently on the needle is an afghan for youngest son and his girlfriend. She is recovering from rolling the SUV she was driving recently when she was helping a friend move. She was bruissed up a bit and lots of little cuts from the glass . She had to have her hair cut due to glass in her scalp and blood that stained it.
I have the border and one repeat of the pattern done so far.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:59 AM   #27
Karina
Working the Gusset

Daylilydayzed - That must have been really scary for her, hope she recovers quickly.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:52 AM   #28
scout52
Working the Gusset

I will join this knitalong. I joined last years. I already started my brother's sweater. He actually wants the same sweater I made him last year, the cambridge jacket from Interweave Knits, Summer 2006 He loved it that much. I'm about 80% done. I have the sleeves, back, and left front done. I am about 1/3 done on the right front. Since he showed that he is so knit worthy, I am upgrading the yarn from last years patons merino to 100% cashmere. (he took it to get dry cleaned and he wore it almost every day to his office ) His co-worker emailed me that he wanted one too.

2. I am also making my twin another skirt. I am making the bell curve skirt from knitty, winter 2007

3. for my little sister I'm making convertible mittens from fall 2008 vogue knitting

4. for my best friend I'm making the seascape stole, knitty summer 2008

5. my boss's secretary has been wanting a scarf forever so I am making some type of lacy scarf haven't figure out what yet.

6. I'm making a newsboy hat for my grandfather

7. Baby sweater for best friends baby

8. little girl sweater for best friends daughter

9. hat for little sister fiance

10. something for grandmother. don't know what yet. she is very feminine so not sure but she is also practical. maybe placemats? I saw a knitted sunhat which was beautiful which she may like I may try.

11. boyfriend gets nothing. he never wears anything I make him. boo

12. mother i'm hoping a sweater, but she loves scarfs. I will be tired of scarfs by then.
scout52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 03:40 AM   #29
Karina
Working the Gusset

WoW Scout that is some list. Hope you get everything done.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:50 PM   #30
scout52
Working the Gusset

I know!! I hope I did not overdo it. but each year more people keep asking for stuff. So each year I am starting Christmas gifts earlier.
scout52 is offline   Reply With Quote