Old 09-10-2008, 07:14 AM   #61
MAmaDawn
Working the Gusset

Thank you so much!!!! I added it to Rav's database and it's in my queue, I think we will have one on our tree this year....

Wife to GooB; Mom to Tori (7) and Belle (4) Jeremiah (2)

MamaDawn there too
My Little Shop
MAmaDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MAmaDawn For This Useful Post:
Shandeh (09-10-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-10-2008, 01:07 PM   #62
new_knitter
1st Leg of the Journey

Finished knitting the 3rd pair of Christmas clogs.... only 9 more to go....

OTN:
Fiber Trends Felt Clogs #15
Handle for Booga Bag hmm will I ever get back to this????
new_knitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:41 PM   #63
new_knitter
1st Leg of the Journey

I am zooming through my 4th pair of felted clogs. This one is a very Christmasy pair for my SIL in Cranberry and Forest Heather. Everyone on one side of my family is getting a pair of felted clogs this year (12 of them!). I planned on everyone opening theirs at the same time, and I am trying to come up with an interesting way to wrap/present them? Any ideas????

OTN:
Old 09-11-2008, 02:02 AM   #64
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,845 Times in 1,909 Posts
Lori, those felted clogs are gonna be a neat gift! You could always take a felted pair with you to show them how they will turn out.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shandeh For This Useful Post:
new_knitter (09-11-2008)
Old 09-11-2008, 02:33 AM   #65
scout52
Working the Gusset

Oh lord I just added another to my list. A sweater for my boyfriend. the Retrofit from Fall knitty. He promised to wear it. he FELL IN LOVE with it. ALL of it. the color, fit, the yarn. all of it.

Update on my current project. I'm about 1/3 of the way done of Seascape. I just LOVE the way its coming out. Work was really busy this week so not much knitting going on. Hopefully I can bust alot of it out this weekend. I will also try to start on the baby sweater. Those are quick and easy to bust out.
scout52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:32 PM   #66
new_knitter
1st Leg of the Journey

Thanks Shandeh. I hope they like them. I am planning on felting them first using a chart for size - think that is too risky? But since everyone is getting the same thing, I wanted to find an cool way to wrap them.

OTN:
Old 09-11-2008, 11:27 PM   #67
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,845 Times in 1,909 Posts
Oh! I thought you were giving them away fullsize, so they could shrink them up themselves. If you're sure about the size, I don't think it's risky to felt them.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:33 PM   #68
MAmaDawn
Working the Gusset

How about putting them in shoe boxes? And instead of a regular bow, make one out of yarn. If you start asking now you should be able to get enough shoe boxes from shoe stores.

Wife to GooB; Mom to Tori (7) and Belle (4) Jeremiah (2)

MamaDawn there too
My Little Shop
MAmaDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:05 PM   #69
Duessa
1st Leg of the Journey

You could do that. Or you could find a bunch of very random boxes. I'm thinking like boxes that had boxes of things like hamburger helper in it. Then you wrap them all pretty and they will be different shapes and sizes. They will take your pretty paper off and see these strange boxes and be like WTF?! and THEN get through the taped shut boxes to find their wonderful clogs! My DBF's mother did this to us one year with boxes that said things like "pulled pork". Everyone had a HUGE laugh when they saw what was really in them and we still talk about it years later.

Finished: Arm warmers, dice bag, Hat for brother, two washrags, two tribbles

Duessa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Duessa For This Useful Post:
lelvsdgs (10-12-2008), new_knitter (09-13-2008)
Old 09-12-2008, 09:25 PM   #70
auntcrafty
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by Duessa View Post
You could do that. Or you could find a bunch of very random boxes. I'm thinking like boxes that had boxes of things like hamburger helper in it. Then you wrap them all pretty and they will be different shapes and sizes. They will take your pretty paper off and see these strange boxes and be like WTF?! and THEN get through the taped shut boxes to find their wonderful clogs! My DBF's mother did this to us one year with boxes that said things like "pulled pork". Everyone had a HUGE laugh when they saw what was really in them and we still talk about it years later.
We do something like that to someone in the family every year. I choose one person and torture them by wrapping and rewrapping their gift in various sized containers/boxes -- usually involves duct tape along the way. Last year it was my youngest brother's gf because she's such a PIA. Everyone else in the family was laughing, it went totally over her head that I did it on purpose.

The littles are catching on that they have to check inside the boxes because it may not be what is pictured on the outside. Although, we don't torture them -- yet.

"....that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love... Colossians 2:2
auntcrafty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to auntcrafty For This Useful Post:
new_knitter (09-13-2008)