Old 02-14-2008, 11:19 AM   #1
Rubyjane
Ribbing the Cuff

NE Wisconsin
Anyone knitting from NE Wisconsin (Green Bay, Door County)? Are you interested in yakking?
Rubyjane is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-14-2008, 11:34 AM   #2
northernlights
Casting On

Hi Rubyjane. I'm in Hayward, WI--not real close, but close enough to wear Packer colors and understand WI winter jokes!
northernlights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:40 AM   #3
sinistral_needler
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Yahoo to sinistral_needler
Hi! I am from Appleton.

If you are looking for people in the area, there is a yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/newiknittingcircle/

They have a lot of sit-n-knit nights at a coffee house. I haven't been to one yet, though ...

"Do whatever {Jesus} tells you to." ~ John 2:5
OTN: Nashua simple ribbed scarf, Seeded Cable Cardigan for Mom, washcloths, Rainy Day Scarf
OTH: baby bobble afghan, shells afghan
sinistral_needler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:20 PM   #4
Rubyjane
Ribbing the Cuff

Thank you for responding, Tracy. I'm up in Door County, so I don't think I'd trip on down to Appleton. We do have a really nice (new) shop here - SPIN - and they have two open knit groups: one on Thursday nights, and THANKFULLY, one on Tuesday mornings...such fun! Just was hoping to yak with Wisconsin knitters occasionally. Again, thank you.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:22 PM   #5
Rubyjane
Ribbing the Cuff

Hi, Northernlights! Thank you for responding. I was hoping to meet and yak with Wisconsin knitters. As we all know...Wisconsin is a very special place to live. I live over in Door County...and we have a wonderful, new shop - SPIN. Its so busy! Hope to keep talking to you and Tracy.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:23 PM   #6
BethLaf
Casting On

hey , im in sheboygan , BUT i get up to green bay every other week , and algoma about once a month , im very off the cuff knitter, but would love to chat about the reasons we cheese heads dont knit anything white (reminds me too much of the SNOW)
BethLaf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BethLaf For This Useful Post:
Rubyjane (02-15-2008)
Old 02-15-2008, 07:50 AM   #7
mare-nitt
Turning the Heel

Hey WI knitters, the Northeast group looks like a fun group, I checked the yahoo link.
Does anyone know of any WI groups in the central area, like Waupaca or Stevens Point?
And yeah, the only good thing about all the snow and cold weather we got this year, is it is another good reason to sit and knit a sweater!
I don't know about the rest of you, but I am ready for springtime.
http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/n...albumview=grid
mare-nitt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mare-nitt For This Useful Post:
Rubyjane (02-15-2008)
Old 02-15-2008, 11:19 AM   #8
northernlights
Casting On

I'm a fairly new knitter--trying to work my way into newer, more complicated projects. I did my first mulitple needle, in the round project when I made a pair of socks for my sister over the last couple of weeks. It was really fun. Now I'm making a few washcloths for my twin grandsons (it's not advancing my skills, but they need them and I need to use up some yarn). And I'm considering what my next project will be.
What are you all up to?? Northernlights
northernlights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:49 PM   #9
Rubyjane
Ribbing the Cuff

Gee, Northernlights...socks are very popular right now, and not just socks on the smaller needles...one newer knitter I know has been knitting socks for her husband out of worsted for hunting. I'm considering a pair of "hiking" socks for my son. I have been knitting on and off for over 40 years. Right now am in a knitting jag, that has no end in sight! Having 3 grandsons (4, 2, and 3 weeks) sure hasn't helped...LOL. I got an Apple Hat pattern that is so very easy, so made one, and loved the basic pattern so much I have been making the hat in various colors, and used it to learn something new - working with multiple colors. Being a "classic" knitter, I never tried that, but have been pleased. Also am just finishing a knit-from-the-top-down (no piecing!) sweater for one grandson, and have startd a 2nd one. Also have been making Irish Hiking Scarves - they are pretty neat, easy and portable. Have been making dishcloths/washcloths - found a great site that has them with initial you can knit in, and states. hmmm....currently have 3 projects on needles - never bored! Would love to hear what other Wisconsin knitters are making. We could set up a "meeting site" on Meetup.com...anyone interested?
Old 02-15-2008, 02:54 PM   #10
Rubyjane
Ribbing the Cuff

If any WI knitters make it to Door County, be sure to check out SPIN on Madison Street (West Side of Sturgeon Bay). Terry has a great shop...bring your knitting and sit and chat. Its a restored bank building, so its great just to look at. She and Lois are always willing to help and steer you to what you are looking for...or not...LOL!