Old 01-28-2008, 12:18 PM   #1
KnittingNat
Instepping Out

Frustrated with Getknitted.com-HAPPY HAPPY UPDATE
My mom made me a present for the New Year and i ordered some things from getknitted.com. First of all, they never answered my e-mail about checking out on their site, since Israel wasn't listed there. Eventually, i made the intl call and ordered over the phone. They said that hotmail.com e-mails are filtered. So i gave them a gmail.com and specifically requested to let me know when the package shipped and again - nothing. I e-mail them and finally get an answer that it was actually mailed the next day - Dec. 14th. and i should expect it in 2 weeks. Until now i haven't received it (and i checked with my post office - now package from England for the last month). It had some KnitPicks Options extra tips, some Options cables and the most important - 2 skeins of MMMMalabrigo laceweight! I wrote to them 6! days ago, asking what's up and still - no answer! I wrote to them again now. I can't understand - what's so hard in answering the mail? They are a big, respectable store, so i'm disappointed. I wanted to be their regular with KnitPicks stuff...And of course they already charged my mom's credit card.
Just venting.

Last edited by KnittingNat : 02-14-2008 at 07:04 AM.
KnittingNat is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-28-2008, 12:56 PM   #2
GiddyKnitter
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to GiddyKnitter Send a message via Yahoo to GiddyKnitter
Wow... how very rude of them not to answer your calls!!!
I too would be dissapointed...I have had loads of stuff from them and have never had a problem thank goodness..I hope you get it sorted out soon x

OTN's
Socks for ME!!
February Ladies Sweater x 3
Knitted Kitties

Leahfaith on Ravelry
GiddyKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GiddyKnitter For This Useful Post:
KnittingNat (01-28-2008)
Old 01-28-2008, 01:50 PM   #3
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,740 Times in 7,112 Posts
Yikes. Is there anyone in Britain who can actually to the store with the info and find out what is going on? Or is an internet only kind of store?

Mail can be slow, but I hope you get results soon!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jan in CA For This Useful Post:
KnittingNat (01-28-2008)
Old 01-28-2008, 02:15 PM   #4
DQ
Working the Gusset

I've been having trouble with them too

I asked my brother for a gift voucher for Christmas so I could try them out. It took me ages to choose but I finally did and ordered online but managed to mess it up because I couldn't find where to put that I had a gift voucher so I emailed and they told me to call them. I called them and gave them the voucher number and the person said 'Ok' but they didn't say when it would be posted. I've emailed twice now and asked if the package is posted or delayed because of the Options needles (says on the site that orders with those might be delayed) but so far no reply. I might try calling some time this week but I am upset that I have to because sometimes I get anxious with that sort of thing.

I hope we both get sorted soon!
KnittingNat (01-28-2008)
Old 01-28-2008, 02:18 PM   #5
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,740 Times in 7,112 Posts
They need to get their priorities straight and fix that customer service!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:28 PM   #6
Karina
Working the Gusset

I would say that the UK postal service is pretty bad on occation. I have things sent from the US That took less time to get to me than stuff I have ordered from here. I think there was strike action just before christmas if I remember rightly which could have delayed things but even with that I would have thought that the package should have arrived by now. Did they give you a tracking number, maybe they could check from their end what happend to the package. Things do get lost in the post sometimes maybe they could resend.
Karina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Karina For This Useful Post:
KnittingNat (01-28-2008)
Old 01-28-2008, 02:28 PM   #7
rachejm
Knitting the Flap

I haven't had any problems with them but then again I live in England and I've never used a gift voucher on their site. They have a shop in Bristol, unfortunately I don't live anywhere near there so I can't go annoy them for you.

rachejm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rachejm For This Useful Post:
KnittingNat (01-28-2008)
Old 01-28-2008, 03:58 PM   #8
Limey
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by KnittingNat View Post
My mom made me a present for the New Year and i ordered some things from getknitted.com. First of all, they never answered my e-mail about checking out on their site, since Israel wasn't listed there. Eventually, i made the intl call and ordered over the phone. They said that hotmail.com e-mails are filtered. So i gave them a gmail.com and specifically requested to let me know when the package shipped and again - nothing. I e-mail them and finally get an answer that it was actually mailed the next day - Dec. 14th. and i should expect it in 2 weeks. Until now i haven't received it (and i checked with my post office - now package from England for the last month). It had some KnitPicks Options extra tips, some Options cables and the most important - 2 skeins of MMMMalabrigo laceweight! I wrote to them 6! days ago, asking what's up and still - no answer! I wrote to them again now. I can't understand - what's so hard in answering the mail? They are a big, respectable store, so i'm disappointed. I wanted to be their regular with KnitPicks stuff...And of course they already charged my mom's credit card.
Just venting.
Hiya It sounds as if they posted the package almost 6 weeks ago, which is way overtime. There was a postal delay before Christmas but the backlog has been cleared - waiting over a month for an order is just not on. I've put a link here http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm so that you can see the options (pardon the pun) GetKnitted have to chase up their order. Unless you said otherwise, it probably went out regular airmail but should have reached you well before now. If you want, send me a PM with the purchase details and I'll give them a bell tomorrow and chase them up. * * * * * * * * * Jen, sounds as if you're wasting your time and energy with emails - phone the beggars tomorrow - ask which needle tips they're presently short of, causing the delay, and ask for the name of the person you're speaking to. Make a note of it, and tell them you'll ring again if there's no joy in a week. Ellie (the other one)
Limey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Limey For This Useful Post:
DQ (01-28-2008), KnittingNat (01-28-2008)
Old 01-28-2008, 04:11 PM   #9
Lucy78green
Turning the Heel

Send a message via ICQ to Lucy78green Send a message via MSN to Lucy78green
I had stuff go missing in the post just before Christmas (not knitting related - ebay purchase) I think in all the chaos of strikes on top of the Christmas postal rush things went missing !!!
Old 01-28-2008, 04:42 PM   #10
KnittingNat
Instepping Out

Limey, thank you for the offer! I think i'll wait a day or two and then call them myself and ask to speak to the lady that answered my e-mails the last time. I think the package got lost.
KnittingNat is offline   Reply With Quote