Old 02-05-2008, 04:59 PM   #1
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,879 Times in 3,000 Posts
What do you think about the Harmony case?
I have the nickel OPTIONS stored in the nice black binder that was originally sent with the full set.

However, I recently added the full set of HARMONY's to my larder.
It comes with the plastic zippered case.

Do you like it?

I've exoerienced that the tips fall out of the little compartmets a lot if the case tips over on its side, etc.

I'm not sure I like it. What do you think?

I'm on the verge of ordering another black binder for my HARMONY'S.
(Ack, they are on backorder!)
I would just use the plastic case for vacation.

Artlady at Rav

Last edited by ArtLady1981 : 02-05-2008 at 06:52 PM.
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-05-2008, 05:13 PM   #2
chrislt8
Turning the Heel

I, personally, prefer the Harmony case over the Options case. I find it much less bulky in my knitting bag. I labeled each "slot" with the needle tip size and have both my Hamony and Options tips in each slot. I then used the single pocket sleeves from the Options binder (cut off the part with the ring holes) and labeled each one for a different size cable. I put those, along with my needle sizer and an extra Chiblis needle case holding the keys for the cables, in the middle section of the Harmony case. I do wish it was a little more "luxurious", but other than that I really like the way it all stores with so much less bulk (and weight). I like having the full set in my bag at all times :D
Old 02-05-2008, 06:29 PM   #3
sakura-panda
Turning the Heel

There is a thread in the Buy/Swap forum where several people exchanged KnitPicks cases with each other -- apparently people seem to prefer either one or the other. (There also appears to be a binder up for grabs still. )

I only have the new bag so I have nothing to compare it to. So far I like that it is not bulky, but I have not used it for more than a holder for the pieces still in their original packaging.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sakura-panda For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (02-05-2008), wildflower38 (02-16-2008)
Old 02-05-2008, 06:51 PM   #4
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
There is a thread in the Buy/Swap forum where several people exchanged KnitPicks cases with each other --
Thanks very much for the link!

Where have I been...under a rock?

Artlady at Rav
Old 02-05-2008, 06:58 PM   #5
Quiltlady
Working the Gusset

I like it
I have the Harmony set and I like the case very much.
Quiltlady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Quiltlady For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (02-05-2008)
Old 02-05-2008, 07:52 PM   #6
jdee
Working the Gusset

When I ordered my harmony tips, I just put them in my organizer with my nickel options, I just put each wooden tip in beside each nickel needle tip, and they fit just fine. I later ordered the harmony bag, because I'd read so many peoples' posts, saying that they loved it more than the origional case, but when I put my needle tips in it, I didn't feel comfortable that they'd be secure. So I put the tips back in the original case, and I use the harmony bag for organizing notions and tools.

Visit my blog at www.jdeeannsblog@blogspot.com
Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew as steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10
jdee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jdee For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (02-05-2008)
Old 02-05-2008, 08:19 PM   #7
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,641 Times in 7,043 Posts
I'm curious about something. I have the Options binder and like it although it is a bit large. The Harmony case seems to have room for each size needle, but what about the cables? I have each size in a separate "envelope" in the binder so it's easy to find the size I want. How's that work the Harmony case?

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:45 PM   #8
losnana
Working the Gusset

I only have the black Options case, but I love it.
ArtLady1981 (02-05-2008)
Old 02-05-2008, 09:39 PM   #9
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by jdee View Post
When I ordered my harmony tips, I just put them in my organizer with my nickel options, I just put each wooden tip in beside each nickel needle tip, and they fit just fine. I later ordered the harmony bag, because I'd read so many peoples' posts, saying that they loved it more than the origional case, but when I put my needle tips in it, I didn't feel comfortable that they'd be secure. So I put the tips back in the original case, and I use the harmony bag for organizing notions and tools.
Hey thanks for the TIP, jdee! Doh. Why didn't I think of that??

Here's what I did (like you): I put my Harmony tips in with the appropriate nickel tips...and put all the cables, and endcaps into the clear plastic case! They are all coiled up in those single 6 hole plastic pages. I may slice off the 1/2" where the holes are.

I kinda loaded up on nickel tips a while back...got 3 sets of my most frequently used tips...6,7,8,9.

My cable count is: 12 sets of 24", 4 sets of 32", 2 sets of 40", 1 set each of the 47" & 60"...and all the end caps to go with. They took up a lot of the room in the black binder, even all coiled up in the sleeve pages.

At this point, the black binder has all the tips AND the plastic case has all the cables and end-caps.

I like the system now. The plastic case came to the rescue afterall. I don't mind them being separate. If I travel, I will just load what I need into either the black binder, or the plastic case, and GO!

Now, my next dilemma: I bought all the fixed 16" Harmony circs...they are in transit...but...I will put those in with all my other fixed wood & bamboo circs. I got a couple neat circ needle cases a while back...and I store my wood and bamboo circs in one, and my Addis and Susan Bates in another. I like some of my old timey Susan Bates aluminum circs. A size 6 worked just right for my BORGHILD sweater set recently. Not too pointy, not too blunt.

I also have 3 sets of vintage vinyl circs (They're pink. Maybe some of you remember them.) I'm sentimental, I guess.

Artlady at Rav
Old 02-05-2008, 09:42 PM   #10
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
I'm curious about something. I have the Options binder and like it although it is a bit large. The Harmony case seems to have room for each size needle, but what about the cables? I have each size in a separate "envelope" in the binder so it's easy to find the size I want. How's that work the Harmony case?
When I used to use the Harmony clear case for the Harmony tips...I coiled up the cables and put 'em in that little clear envelope with the snap along with the end-caps and the key.

Some knitters (I read) have cut off the edge of the binder sleeves (the edge with the 6 hole punches) so as to slide them into the center of the Harmony clear case and still be able to zip it closed.

Artlady at Rav