Old 04-03-2008, 05:05 PM   #501
mare-nitt
Turning the Heel

Pauline, both sweaters look great. I really love the Eyelet one.
http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/n...albumview=grid
mare-nitt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mare-nitt For This Useful Post:
GiddyKnitter (04-04-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-04-2008, 01:40 PM   #502
Ilove2knit
Ribbing the Cuff

I've finished my miniature version, but my dd is sick, and doesn't feel up to trying it on yet. I'll post pics as soon as she's feeling better.
In the planning stages: tank tops for my dds, and another lacy one for me, sandals for my baby dd, skirt with a lace border

I'm "momto3girls" on Ravelry.
Ilove2knit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ilove2knit For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (04-04-2008)
Old 04-04-2008, 02:39 PM   #503
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
We are all succeeding in creating a beautiful Tempting II Summer Top...and being creative, we are in "making it our own"! Some are making the sleeves just a bit different, some are making the neckline a bit different, some are making the yoke a bit higher or lower...ALL with beautiful results! My congratulations!

We are awaiting more photos, whenever y'all are up to it!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:39 PM   #504
knit2btied
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to knit2btied
I'm so sorry that she is not feeling well. Hope she gets better soon! Boy you must make those needles fly! (smile)

knit2btied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:39 PM   #505
Indygirl

Knitting on the band
Artlady, I have the 5 inch of the band knit. I am going to start putting the band on the sweater in the morning. I just wanted to make sure I'm reading the pattern correct. On the w.s. row of the band, knitting in reg. pattern ( I do not knit a st. to the neckline ) Is this correct? I know that I do ssk to the neckline of the yoke on ea. r.s. row. Just wanting to make sure I understand the pattern
I will be getting a picture of D.D. in this before the weekend is over I will be posting pic's.
Sorry I have been so slow in keeping up with this. I would just love to knit the other sweater KAL you have going, but I'm afraid I am a little late for that and I'm a slow knitter also.
You have been a great help to all of us on here. I love to see your work also.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:21 AM   #506
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
Hi Indy!

Regarding the Central Park Hoodie! You are not too late to begin the CPH! We just had a new CPH knitter sign on today! She is getting her yarn this week! I will continue to follow the CPH-KAL until people get tired of it! So by all means, when you are ready, I'll be there!

Regarding the band: oh I wish I could sit by you and show you! It is one of those things that is sooo hard to describe.

But here goes: Let's say your yoke is by your left hand and your neckband 5" is by your right hand. Now, cuddle the edge of the yoke up next to the neckband. The RS of the neckband is facing you.
Then....rib 10 out of 11 neckband stitches. [You will be ribbing in the direction of the yoke.] When you get to the 11th stitch of the neckband, instead of just knitting it...perform an SSK with it and 1 stitch from the yoke. (that SSK Is what joins the neckband and yoke together!).
Then.....turn your neckband to the WS, and rib back.
Then....turn your neckband to the RS, and rib those 10, SSK the 11th stitch with another stitch from the yoke.
Repeat these two RS/WS steps until all of the yoke stitches have been joined to the newly created neckband. The neckband is created as it's attaching itself to the yoke on that RS 11th stitch.

Hope this helps!

Now, I have heard that some knitters have cuddled their neckband up next to the yoke so that the SSK (or K2T) will be performed from the WS...but that is ok, too. Just so long as you join that 11th neckband stitch to a live stitch of the yoke.

Don't get thrown off if your neckband placement seems like it should be joined (SSK'd OR P2Tog'd)with the WS row facing (instead of a RS row like I did.)

The principle is the same, whether from the WS or the RS.

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ArtLady1981 For This Useful Post:
Indygirl (04-05-2008)
Old 04-05-2008, 07:32 AM   #507
Indygirl

Neckband
Good Morning Artlady, I'm up and at em early. My DGD stays over most fri. night's. I though I'd try to get some knit on this before she comes to try and help . I hope I'm not getting real critical of my work. I see HOLES at the point where the band connects to the yoke when I pull on the band just to move it while working on it. You can't see them in this picture much, thought I'd post a pic to see whatcha-think. Oh yes I forgot, am I going the right direction? I'm knitting clockwise.

Last edited by Indygirl : 03-05-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:28 AM   #508
Ilove2knit
Ribbing the Cuff

As promised, here are pics of my miniature Tempting2, also known as Tempting3!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-tempting-resized.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	47794  Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-tempting-resized2.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	47795  Click image for larger version

Name:	Theresa-miniTempting-resized.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	47796  
In the planning stages: tank tops for my dds, and another lacy one for me, sandals for my baby dd, skirt with a lace border

I'm "momto3girls" on Ravelry.
Ilove2knit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:21 AM   #509
Indygirl

Originally Posted by Ilove2knit View Post
As promised, here are pics of my miniature Tempting2, also known as Tempting3!
Very sweet! great job & beautiful model!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Ilove2knit (04-05-2008)
Old 04-05-2008, 11:23 AM   #510
mare-nitt
Turning the Heel

Everyone is moving right along. I have to admit I am still at the 5 inch mark for the neckline. I was panicing thinking about what I was going to do at the neckline point for the band, and I put the whole thing down.
So, now I guess I should just worry about knitting the 5 inches and then look at where to go from there. Not worry so much about what comes next until I get to that point. (where have I heard that before, don't look ahead!)
http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/n...albumview=grid
mare-nitt is offline   Reply With Quote