Old 04-26-2008, 02:22 PM   #561
Indygirl

Artlady, I have been in a little bit of a slump the last week. I have been knitting on my Tempting, just not as much as I should. Kinda down a little. I have about 3 inches of the yoke re-knit. I was going to post you about the decreases. I had 105 st's on the yoke when I put the neck band on the first time. My DD really liked that neckline too. I was wondering about a row of *k 2 st's, dec.1 st.* all the way around the row. Then on the last row knit 2tog all the way around. That should give me around the amount of st's I need for the neckband. What do you think? I still have 3 inches of yoke before I do the decrease. I'm going to work on that this afternoon. I hope to start the band this evening after they pick up DGD YES! I will be posting a picture of DD wearing her Tempting W/buttons on, tee hee.....

Last edited by Indygirl : 04-27-2008 at 04:56 PM.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-26-2008, 02:29 PM   #562
Indygirl

Originally Posted by ArtLady1981 View Post
Just a quick check-up: how's everyone doing? Anyone still need help with the neckband? Neckline?

Do we have any photos forthcoming?

Off-Topic: After I get a blue&white tweed baby coat set done, and stitch up my Central Park Hoodie...I'm going to start a cream Malabrigo hooded coat, taken from Elsebeth Lavold's (book#13) "OUT OF THE WOODS". The coat is called GROVE. I'm going to make the shorter version. Put your cursor on the long gray coat...the red knee-length version will appear.

If I can get it done by June 20, I'm going to take it to a 3-day air-conditioned event at the Tacoma Dome. It is always FREEZING in there. The air blows so hard that I get shoulder cramps, and can't concentrate on the speakers. The 3 days are all-day.

I thought it would be nice to have a comfy hooded coat to snuggle up in! Especially Malabrigo!
Sounds great! I'm sure as fast as you knit, you can do it. Will be looking for pic's soon
Old 04-28-2008, 03:20 AM   #563
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
Originally Posted by Indygirl View Post
Artlady, I have been in a little bit of a slump the last week. I have been knitting on my Tempting, just not as much as I should. Kinda down a little. I have about 3 inches of the yoke re-knit. I was going to post you about the decreases. I had 105 st's on the yoke when I put the neck band on the first time. My DD really liked that neckline too. I was wondering about a row of *k 2 st's, dec.1 st.* all the way around the row. Then on the last row knit 2tog all the way around. That should give me around the amount of st's I need for the neckband. What do you think? I still have 3 inches of yoke before I do the decrease. I'm going to work on that this afternoon. I hope to start the band this evening after they pick up DGD YES! I will be posting a picture of DD wearing her Tempting W/buttons on, tee hee.....
Yes, I think that would work real well, Indy! Did you mean this:
when the yoke is done...then, on decrease round #1: K2, K2Tog...all the way around...and then, on decrease round #2: K2Tog all the way around? If I'm reading your recipe right, I think that will work.

Here is my practice when making any K2Tog: I turn the 1st stitch of the 2 (to be knit together) around, put it back on the left needle...then knit the 2 together. The 'new stitch' on the right needle is less lumpy because the first stitch that falls behind the second stitch lays flatter. The 2nd stitch is the visible stitch...the 'turned around' 1st stitch hides behind.

I forget where I picked up that tip. But, it really helps the appearance or I wouldn't take the time. Especially so with some yarns that show every little thing. Like cottons, etc.

The yarn I used for my Tempting II is a yarn that shows every little thing. So the turning the 1 st around made a difference on that last K2Tog decreasing row.

Just try it and see. It won't hurt anything, that's for sure.

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ArtLady1981 For This Useful Post:
Indygirl (04-28-2008)
Old 04-28-2008, 02:43 PM   #564
Indygirl

Artlady
, Thanks for the help. Yes, I meant to say to do my dec rows after I finish the yoke. Also thanks for the tip on turning the first st around before I do the decrease each time. I need to put that in my memory bank.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:45 PM   #565
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

ARTLADY "off the grid" May 3-11...
Hi'ya!

DH and I will be in the wilderness May 3-11.

Does anyone need help before I leave this Saturday?

This is where I'll be...and this is exactly what I'll be doing again this year!!! I'll be working on a cream MALABRIGO hooded coat for myself!

Artlady at Rav
Old 05-02-2008, 04:59 PM   #566
Indygirl

Have a great time
Artlady, Thanks for all your great help with this Tempting II. I could not have knit this with out your help I'm pretty sure I will be able to finish up. I'm on the band now. It is looking much better than the first time.
You and your hubby have a great time on vacation Hope I have a picture on here when you get back
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (05-02-2008)
Old 05-11-2008, 03:23 PM   #567
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Hi'ya!

We returned home from our Wilderness Week, rested and refreshed!

Does anyone need any help? A hug? An atta-girl?

Let me know!

Looking forward to seeing your photos soon!

Hugs,

Artlady

Artlady at Rav
Old 05-15-2008, 02:40 PM   #568
setty09
Ribbing the Cuff

confused about directions
I' ve posted this question on "how to" forum, but figured it doesn't hurt to try it here,

I am trying to cable the band of Tempting II, and I found good directions about how to do this here
However, i can't figure out how to make the cable curve around the neckline. The directions say:

"The curve comes from attaching it one band row per stitch on the body side but then reducing the length of the other side by attaching a 3 stitch I-cord at a ratio of one I-cord row to two cable band rows."

I am unsure how to do the highlighted part, how do I knit one i cord row every two cable rows? What do I do with the other row? I appreciate any help I can get!

My blog: WittyKittyKnits

setty09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:26 PM   #569
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Gee, sorry, setty09! I have no idea, without having done it myself once.

It's a complicated diversion from the original pattern...beautiful, but complicated. You could just noodle around with it: knit, frog, re-knit, frog, re-knit til you get it right. That's probably what I would have done if I had set out to knit the cabled panel instead of the plain 11st band. If you want it badly enough, be courageous and just take off and try it! The lady who did it in white probably did that herself!

I don't think any of the other Tempting II knitters in this KAL did the cabled panel either...but maybe one of them can weigh in on your question.

Sorry I can't help!

Artlady at Rav

Last edited by ArtLady1981 : 05-15-2008 at 07:40 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:58 PM   #570
Indygirl

my tempting II
I have had my Tempting II finished for a while. I am now trying to get my DD to make time for a picture. As soon as I get the pic I will post it on here.
Hope everyone's Tempting II is all they expected it to be
I'll be posting in a few days I hope.