Old 05-18-2008, 01:33 PM   #571
Indygirl

Here is the Tempting II picture I have been trying to post on here. This is my DD. She really likes her sweater. I think it looks great on her. What do you think?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3181/...6f736234_o.jpg

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-18-2008, 02:01 PM   #572
GiddyKnitter
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to GiddyKnitter Send a message via Yahoo to GiddyKnitter
Indy

Your Tempting II looks great ane the really suits your DD xx

OTN's
Socks for ME!!
February Ladies Sweater x 3
Knitted Kitties

Leahfaith on Ravelry
GiddyKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GiddyKnitter For This Useful Post:
Indygirl (05-18-2008)
Old 05-18-2008, 03:00 PM   #573
MerigoldinWA
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 1,834 Times in 1,737 Posts
I like the way that turned out Indy!! The color looks very nice on your DD and I like the way the buttons worked. The fit is perfect. All's well that ends well, as they say.

Fun to finally see your DD, the electrician. She'll be keeping that Temping II out of the grime (whatever kind electricians get into :-) ). It looks great on her. I'm glad you finally got her to the photo session. lol It was worth the wait for though.
MerigoldinWA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MerigoldinWA For This Useful Post:
Indygirl (05-18-2008)
Old 05-18-2008, 08:15 PM   #574
knit2btied
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to knit2btied
Wow! Indy, that does look terrific! Great going! (Must be nice to have your daughter's figure... smile)

knit2btied is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knit2btied For This Useful Post:
Indygirl (05-18-2008)
Old 05-19-2008, 04:10 AM   #575
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
Originally Posted by Indygirl View Post
Here is the Tempting II picture I have been trying to post on here. This is my DD. She really likes her sweater. I think it looks great on her. What do you think?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3181/...6f736234_o.jpg
Oh my Indy! It is wonderful! Are those two little silver buttons on the buttonband! I like that 'touch' so much!

You really really did an excellent job! And, I know how you labored over that band! Persistence pays!

Thanks for sharing! It looks just great!!!!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ArtLady1981 For This Useful Post:
Indygirl (05-20-2008)
Old 05-19-2008, 02:36 PM   #576
Indygirl

Originally Posted by ArtLady1981 View Post
Oh my Indy! It is wonderful! Are those two little silver buttons on the buttonband! I like that 'touch' so much!

You really really did an excellent job! And, I know how you labored over that band! Persistence pays!

Thanks for sharing! It looks just great!!!!
Thanks Artlady, I'm not sure why those buttons look shinny. They are wood buttons. I'm just happy that my DD likes it
Old 05-19-2008, 04:39 PM   #577
mare-nitt
Turning the Heel

Indy, it looks great, I love the color. The fit is perfect, you did a good job.
http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/n...albumview=grid
mare-nitt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mare-nitt For This Useful Post:
Indygirl (05-19-2008)
Old 05-25-2008, 11:45 AM   #578
MerigoldinWA
Grafting the Toe

Don't we still have a few Tempting IIs out there that haven't been completed? How are you gals doing on them? Are you still working on them or doing something else? We'd really like to see them if you have finished them. We're still rooting for you to reach the finish line.
MerigoldinWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 06:56 PM   #579
setty09
Ribbing the Cuff

cabled tempting
Hi, Wovenflame- the person who gave instructions on how to cable the tempting's neckband got in touch with me, and here is what she wrote about Cabled Tempting:

"Hi setty09. While checking “link backs” to my blog I came across your question on the Knitting Help forum:

“I am unsure how to do the highlighted part, how do I knit one i cord row every two cable rows? What do I do with the other row? I appreciate any help I can get!”

I have no problem helping you with your question. Did you think I wouldn’t help if you asked on my blog or emailed me?

When you do an applied I-cord, you first pick up stitches along the edge you will be applying the cord to. Because I wanted a ratio of 2 rows to every one of the I-cord, I only picked up a stitch every other row. The last stitch of each I-cord round is then worked together with the picked up stitch you are applying the I-cord to. I say “worked” because I can’t recall whether this application required a SSK or a K2tog….you’ll have to work that out by experimenting.

Let me know if you need any further clarification. And please, if you can, copy and post my answer to that Knitting Help forum. I’m not a member there so could not answer your question directly to that forum.

By the way, I thought it might put your mind at ease that I found you here by taking a wild guess that you may have used the same user name here on Ravelry. Turns out you used the same picture too so I was sure I had the right knitter.

Kindly,
Marlene
Wovenflame"

My blog: WittyKittyKnits

setty09 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to setty09 For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (05-27-2008)
Old 08-07-2008, 06:18 PM   #580
MerigoldinWA
Grafting the Toe

Well, I have an update about the Tempting II I did for my daughter Mandy. Remember it was very off the shoulder? I was afraid it would not stand up to real life wear, although great for a photo. :-) Quite a while back DD finally wore the top. She happened to come to visit me for a while that day. We went for a walk, did some shopping and visited some friends together. As I suspected the top gaped in the front if she leaned over and with a nursing baby who is getting old enough to know where the "goodies" are (use your imagination), it just wasn't working out.

But..... I had prepared for that possibility by leaving a tail hanging where I had finished off and putting a knot on the end of it so I would know for sure I had the right one. DD left the top with me when she left and I had it fixed in short order. I wasn't sure what to do, but what I did worked.

I brought the top in by knitting 2 rounds with smaller and smaller needles. I made the top on an 8 so I did 2 rounds on a 7, 2 on a 6 and 2 rounds on a 5. Maybe a 4 too.? Seems like I used a 4. :-) Anyway I kept doing 2 rounds with increasingly smaller needles until I thought it was high enough and then bound off again. I may have done a row of K2tog, K1 at the end, but I can't remember. But it worked out. I finished off with a sewn bind off again. I thought she might like me to redo it and make it a little lower, but she said she liked it. Whew! (That sewn BO is a bear to undo.)

Just thought I should let everyone see how it "finally" turned out. I did this some time back but am just getting around to posting this, that's why I don't remember all the details.
[IMG][/IMG]

And the back...

[IMG][/IMG]