Old 02-18-2008, 08:29 PM   #1
Lucyjane
Casting On

Save our LYS Fundraiser
Hello fellow yarn lovers!

My favorite LYS needs your help!! A little over a year ago, a wonderful young woman opened a quaint yarn store in our town. The first time I went into her store, I was amazed. She turned a cute cottage style early 20th century home into the most amazing yarn store I have ever seen. Over the past year, fellow knitters who frequent her store have started a knitting/crochet group that meets in the shops knitting area and it is the best place in the world for knitter's/crocheter's to gather!

Sadly, the property owner is having financial difficulties and needs to sell the property. Her husband suffered a massive stroke and she needs the money to take care of medical expenses. Our LYS owner has been offered the property. However, the asking price is very high and the owner is not willing to negotiate (due to her husbands medical expenses). There is also a big money buyer looking at the property who wants to tear down this amazing store and build a fast food restaurant in its place.

My knitting group does not want to see this happen! We are trying to raise the other half of the down payment our LYS owner needs to save her shop! The property owner is willing to give us time to try to raise the funds, however, time is of the essence.

We are selling LIVESTRONG type bracelets that say "KNIT HAPPENS!" for $3.00 each. The cost includes shipping. I am asking for help from every yarn lover out there. Dont' let some burger chain take away our beautiful LYS. Please help our cause!

If you are interested in purchasing a bracelet or a bunch for your knitting group, please send me an email. I will email you an order form.

Lucy
Lucyjane is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-19-2008, 12:07 PM   #2
Secksiebrat
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to Secksiebrat
I would be interested in a couple. What email address would you like us to email you at?

Thanks!

Are you taking paypal or anything of that nature?

~danielle~

Secksiebrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:16 PM   #3
evona
Working the Gusset

Can you tell us a little more about the LYS, like where its located and the name of the store?

evona is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to evona For This Useful Post:
lynnlisiewski (02-20-2008)
Old 03-12-2008, 09:14 AM   #4
Julianne
Ribbing the Cuff

LYS Fundraiser
Please send info to WarmToes@Harbornet.com.
Julianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:29 AM   #5
Mike
Working the Gusset

I suggest the owner of the store discuss this with an accountant first. A business owning the property is much different than a business renting property.
She may not be able to survive owning.

It may be better for her to relocate, or in the least have someone else own the property (husband or a corporation if she's incorporated).

YouTube channel
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote