Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 12:50 PM   #21
lelvsdgs
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by cheley View Post
Wow Am I sorry I opened this blog up...Sorry can't find the humor..since where I live, I see gruesome (animal) deaths all the time...Oh and by the way, I feed these guys in my neck of the woods...we don't eat them...... If your into that kind of stuff, I can send you a real nice shot of a decapitated coyote if you'd like,,, and use "religious quotes" in your blog......whatever!!!!!!!!
No one has forced anyone to look at this. Use your back button if you're offended.

http://www.frappr.com/knittinghelp

Knitting is saving my sanity

OTN: Hats, hats and soon, socks!

FO:Hats-about 6 of them and a scarf for a coworker

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-17-2008, 02:44 PM   #22
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,783 Times in 7,146 Posts
Let's all be calm and rational about this. It's obviously not to everyone's taste and that's okay. Let's let this go and get back to knitting.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jan in CA For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (03-17-2008), Denise in Michigan (03-20-2008)
Old 03-17-2008, 02:51 PM   #23
Darcia
1st Leg of the Journey

Wow Am I sorry I opened this blog up...Sorry can't find the humor..since where I live, I see gruesome (animal) deaths all the time...Oh and by the way, I feed these guys in my neck of the woods...we don't eat them...... If your into that kind of stuff, I can send you a real nice shot of a decapitated coyote if you'd like,,, and use "religious quotes" in your blog......whatever!!!!!!!!
It's call Dark Humor. There is also slap-stick comedy. It takes all kinds. I do not think the squirrel was harmed in order to do this. I think photolady was just experimenting with her talent.

I'm a one project at a time kinda girl
Old 03-17-2008, 03:10 PM   #24
Silver
Instepping Out

Photolady didn't take this picture, I've seen it elsewhere on the 'net, so don't go thinking she's out stalking dead animals just for amusement. It's a harmless post of something that some people might find amusing.

I personally don't think it's especially funny either, but I don't think any less of those of you who do. To each his/her own!

Silver's Sock Classes
Shop: On The Town Knitting Bags, hand made elegant small project bags.
My Blog, Write | KBelle on Ravelry | ComeToSilver on Plurk | Puppies, Jinx & Hex Photos & Videos
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Silver For This Useful Post:
ArtLady1981 (03-17-2008), cheley (03-17-2008), cristina61 (03-18-2008), Denise in Michigan (03-20-2008)
Old 03-19-2008, 07:51 PM   #25
photolady

Originally Posted by Ingrid View Post
He got that big by eating all my bird seed all winter!
You have squirrels like that, too?
UGH! I wish there was a way to keep the squirrels out of the bird feed.
The only thing I've found to work, SO FAR, is, this long feeder, which has a spring in it, and, if anything heavy like a squirrel gets on it, the doors get pulled shut, so, no bird feed available.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:52 PM   #26
photolady

Originally Posted by Darcia View Post
It's call Dark Humor. There is also slap-stick comedy. It takes all kinds. I do not think the squirrel was harmed in order to do this. I think photolady was just experimenting with her talent.
I got this photo off the internet. Someone sent it to me.
Glad you all liked it, though.

Squirrels can be a terrible nuisance, especially to those of us who
are trying to feed wild birds. This was a steam vent, and I thought it was pretty creative, whoever did it, and funny.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:54 PM   #27
photolady

Originally Posted by Hildegard_von_Knittin View Post
I think it's hilarious

Old 03-19-2008, 09:07 PM   #28
cheley
Working the Gusset

Ummm, thought this thread was done...Animals are "Gods" creatures TOO....helpless ones....4 initials here:PETA
9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:39 PM   #29
photolady

Ummm, thought this thread was done...Animals are "Gods" creatures TOO....helpless ones....4 initials here:PETA

9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Does PETA have a solution to keeping squirrels out of wild bird feeders?
The cayenne pepper powder sold in pet stores does NOT work.
Squirrels are not my favorite animal, due to the fact that they gorge themselves every minute they can, on the expensive wild bird food I put out for the BIRDS. My garden has been recognized as a habitat for wild birds and monarch butterflies. Not squirrels.
By the way, in the future, I will be sure to tell everyone if a photo I post is MINE, or not.
So far, I think I've done that.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:45 PM   #30
saracidaltendencies
Working the Gusset

Thanked 1,090 Times in 608 Posts
I think the safest thing to do would be either don't post pictures of dead animals on a knitting forum, or, specify that the post may contain offensive material. Not all of us find pictures of dead animals to be hilarious regardless of who took the picture.

I've kept my mouth shut on a lot of issues on this forum that I personally have found highly offensive because honestly, what's the point of arguing with people on a forum? However, I find it absolutely absurd so many people have gotten offended because others have been offended. One would think the simplest thing to do would be to apologize for posting something offensive instead of taking the offense and getting mad at those who have been offended.

I guess the thing that bothers me the most is I guarantee if it were a picture of a dead dog or cat no one would find it funny.

There are those of us who view all animals equally and don't find the death of any animal funny no matter how much of a "nuisance" they are considered to be by others.

Personally, I find people to be more of a nuisance than any animal but that wouldn't make it appropriate for me to post a picture of a dead person in the same context.

Anyway, I've made my point...argue it if you wish, I won't be responding to this thread again.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
- Mahatma Gandhi
The Following User Says Thank You to saracidaltendencies For This Useful Post:
cheley (03-20-2008)
Closed Thread