Old 03-16-2008, 01:12 PM   #1
swithb
Casting On

Cobweb Lace Stole Question
I am knitting my first lace project, the Cobweb Lace Stole from Spring 2008 Interweave Knits and have managed to make it to row 16.

I don't understand what to do and was hoping to get some help. The pattern indicates a + sign which means to cast on 1 stitch. This is to be done 7 times in a row. I tried doing a knitted cast on, but wasn't sure what to do with the stitch. Am I supposed to move it to the right-hand needle or knit the new stitch and the one next to it and the cast on a stitch and continue in that pattern. I tried slipping the stitch to the right-hand needle and it just didn't look right.

Thanks for any help you can give!
swithb is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-16-2008, 04:24 PM   #2
Knit4Pie
Turning the Heel

You knit into the st, without dropping it from the left needle. You then transfer the new st back onto the left needle and repeat until you have the number of sts you need.

There's a video for this on KH if you need to see how to do it.

Visit my blog Knitting for Patience

Last edited by Knit4Pie : 03-16-2008 at 04:26 PM. Reason: forgot to add there was a video..
Knit4Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Knit4Pie For This Useful Post:
swithb (03-16-2008)