Old 03-20-2008, 08:10 PM   #11
KnitClickChick
Turning the Heel

Awww, what a sweet angel!! He is so cute, I am sure you won't have a hard time finding him a loving family. And to you for taking him in! BJ is lucky you are around.

Wish List
Clapotis
Another felted bag
Mrs. Beetons Wristwarmers

On The Needles:
Silver's Palindrome Scarf - in Patons SWS Natural Pink
Feather and Fan Shawl - in Estelle Cadenza
KnitClickChick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KnitClickChick For This Useful Post:
momwolf (03-20-2008)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-20-2008, 09:52 PM   #12
cristina61
Knitting the Flap

This reminds me of the pet food company commercial where they say, "Imagine that your family moved . . . and didn't take you with them." I always tear up when I even think about those poor animals.

Some of my very best friends have been dogs and cats that were abandoned by their owners. It's impossible for me to imagine how someone can do this and not give it a second thought! My DH often says that he wishes we lived on a big piece of land so we could take care of all the dogs who need homes.

You're that dog's hero!

cristina61 on

** My poor neglected blog is here

RIP Gabby (9/12/2009) -- I miss you SO much. We'll never forget what a sweet girl you were!

cristina61 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cristina61 For This Useful Post:
momwolf (03-22-2008)
Old 03-22-2008, 01:53 AM   #13
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,880 Times in 3,001 Posts
Beautiful dog rescued by an even beautifuler person!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ArtLady1981 For This Useful Post:
momwolf (03-22-2008)
Old 03-22-2008, 11:50 PM   #14
CountryKitty
Knitting the Flap

People who abandon animals ought to be dropped off in the middle of nowhere with no food or water but plenty of coyotes. Just last Fall my son found a kitten hiding under the bridge in our driveway (creek runs thru' the yard). Poor kitty was starved and dehydrated...but his long fur was spotless--it had been raining and was muddy out, so he had to be an indoor kitten. Whoever had him had simply not bothered to feed or water him. B******.

(He's now a roly poly 9 month old catling who tackles the 3yo cat for wrestling matches almost hourly, and cuddles with my sons huge german shepherd.)

Good for you for taking in BJ. There's nothing more satisfying than seeing an animal back to health, and having it trust you implicitly despite its previous experience with people.
momwolf (03-23-2008)
Old 03-23-2008, 01:55 PM   #15
Plantgoddess+
Working the Gusset

We live in a rural area about 20 miles from a big city and people used to drop dogs off out here and all of our dogs for years were drop offs. Thank goodness now we go to the Humane Society for our dogs. More people are taking them somewhere rather than just throwing them out of the car.
We even had a puppy that my husband brought home that had been thrown out of a car on a busy street. My husband was right behind that vehicle and stopped and picked up the lab puppy and brought him home.
I wish there was some way of punishing people like that and BJ's previous owners.
momwolf (03-23-2008)
Old 03-23-2008, 07:00 PM   #16
momwolf
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,135 Times in 706 Posts
Thanks everyone!! I'm sure you all would of done the same thing Us animal lovers just have to do what we have to do for the animals. I just wish the laws were stricter here in the country. BJ is doing GREAT and he is such a wonderful dog.I really wish I could keep him but DH says 2 dogs is enough.I say if you have 2 dogs what's 1 more
Thanks again for letting me vent and hope you all had a great Easter

momwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:40 PM   #17
Limey
Turning the Heel

Hiya Julie

You really are a gem! What a beautiful pup - how old do you think he is?

I won't add any more comments here about what I think of the pup's 'owners' - cruel b..st...ds!

I'm just so glad and relieved that someone like you found him.

I know Gregg says that two dogs are plenty but you could gently remind him that Sam Pup was found abandoned and wandering the streets alone when he was about 12 weeks old - and you know what a little star he is.

One thing about lab-type pups, they usually make great family pets and I'm sure someone out there will give him a good 'forever' home. It might be worth while checking out and posting on labrador forums in the US.

Ellie
Limey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Limey For This Useful Post:
momwolf (03-27-2008)
Old 03-23-2008, 10:01 PM   #18
Jaxhil
Working the Gusset

I am glad to hear you were here to help that beautiful puppy!!

Our dog wandered on to our property just a month or so after we moved here-covered with fleas and so exhausted he wouldn't even walk-so we carted him in and gave him a bath and a home and he's such a smart, sweet and loving dog...turns out he came from next door, and he just wandered off. We live in a rural area, and the people next door had lots of dogs-and got in trouble for letting them run lose. Some of their dogs died.

I'm glad we got Max (he's a golden retriever, too-maybe mixed) because I am almost sure he'd be dead now otherwise.

You're very sweet to help this puppy out!
momwolf (03-27-2008)
Old 03-24-2008, 11:10 AM   #19
ritaw
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,390 Times in 1,296 Posts
Oh what an awful thing to happen to such a beautiful animal . He is stunning.
I hope you manage to find him a loving home Julie
momwolf (03-27-2008)
Old 03-25-2008, 08:17 AM   #20
TheGoldenKnitch
Casting On

What a sweetie! I feel the same way - heaven help people who treat their dogs (and other animals!) this way if I get my hands on them! It's so lucky he has you!

It's lucky he's a Lab, too - there are so many breed prejudices out there that end in really sweet animals being put to sleep for no reason. Just this past December my fiance and I took in an abandoned pit bull terrier that a friend had found on his porch. This friend still lives at home and his parents were adamant that such a "dangerous" dog should be turned over to the city. This poor dog was so skinny and dehydrated, and scared of everything. I believe he came from somewhere where he lived in a crate - a puppy mill or might have been dumped by people fearing a raid - he had no fighting scars, but he was afraid of the outdoors like it was too "big" for him and didn't know how to act when we loved and petted him.

What broke my heart especially was that we couldn't keep him long (we live in a tiny apartment - we took 7-8 long walks a day while he was here!) and there was almost no place that would accept him - all of the pit bull rescues were full, and there are just so many pits trying to be placed and too few families willing to take them that we had trouble finding him a home ourselves. He was a PERFECT dog, too - once he got over being afraid, he was sweet and obedient and so happy! He never tried to bite or snap even when he was scared. But people just don't want them.

The story has a happy ending, though! A friend's coworker has rescued pit bulls before and wanted him, so he now lives in a happy home with a big yard to play in, an experienced dog mommy, and a doggy brother and sister that he loves to play with!

Sorry, that's my little soapbox.

http://knitchery.wordpress.com

TheGoldenKnitch
TheGoldenKnitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheGoldenKnitch For This Useful Post:
momwolf (03-27-2008)