Old 03-26-2008, 01:54 AM   #1
sunshinemama
Casting On

forgot to place stitch marker to mark beginning of round!
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and this is my first post. I am fairly new at knitting and I'm taking some classes at a local craft store. I was working on my baby hat tonight when I got distracted during knitting and my stitch marker must have fallen off before beginning a new round. I didn't notice until I had been knitting a while. Does anyone know how I can determine where the row begins and ends? It all looks the same to me, but I know it obviously begins somewhere around where the cast on tail is hanging many rows below. I don't know how to trace exactly where it begins though. Please help me!!! I know I can't be the only one who has had this problem before. I am so terrified that I will have to start over! Please tell me there is a solution! Thanks in advance!
sunshinemama is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-26-2008, 02:32 AM   #2
fibrenut
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to fibrenut
hiya sunshinemama,
Just find the cast on tail and follow the v's straight up to your needles and that will be where you started.
I won't hurt if you are off by a stitch or two if you haven't done any shaping on the item.
Just find a stitch that is close to where your line of stitches comes up n call that your ending point and place your marker.

knittycakebaker on ravelry
LOOK TWICE SAVE A LIFE
motorcycles are everywhere!!
Abate of Colorado
fibrenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 03:42 AM   #3
Mike
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by fibrenut View Post
hiya sunshinemama,
Just find the cast on tail and follow the v's straight up to your needles and that will be where you started.
Unless you knit with the tail end for a while. I usually knit it in for 3-4 stitches.

But I agree, it's not that picky.

YouTube channel
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:25 AM   #4
Ivy
Ribbing the Cuff

If you are as newbie as I am, then your first stitch might be looser than the others. Mine has big ladders where I join. If you look carefully you might find that stitch which is looser than the rest.
Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 06:34 PM   #5
sunshinemama
Casting On

Thanks everyone for your replies! I feel so much better after hearing that it's not a big deal to be off by a few stitches! This forum is so helpful!
sunshinemama is offline   Reply With Quote