Old 05-14-2008, 09:41 PM   #1
setty09
Ribbing the Cuff

Confused about directions
I am trying to cable the band of Tempting II, and I found good directions about how to do this here
However, i can't figure out how to make the cable curve around the neckline. The directions say:

"The curve comes from attaching it one band row per stitch on the body side but then reducing the length of the other side by attaching a 3 stitch I-cord at a ratio of one I-cord row to two cable band rows."

I am unsure what the highlighted part means, how do I knit one i cord row every two cable rows? What do I do the other row? I appreciate any help I can get!

My blog: WittyKittyKnits

setty09 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-15-2008, 12:33 AM   #2
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,744 Times in 7,115 Posts
I haven't done it so I can't help, but we do have a Tempting II KAL in the KAL (knit-a-long) forum if you want to check it out while you're waiting for someone to help you here.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 12:05 PM   #3
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,892 Times in 3,013 Posts
I read the directions for this beautiful cabled yoke, and by reading it, I couldn't figure out what the pattern meant either.
The lady was right when she said she is a better knitter/designer than a pattern writer! That is every designers challenge! Translating the knitting to words and charts! As I commented in the Tempting II KAL...just keep noodling around with it...don't be afraid to frog a few times til you get it right. That is probably what she did in the first place! Please let us know how you are progressing! Inquiring minds want to know!

Knit on Good Woman!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote