Old 07-14-2008, 10:42 AM   #251
Karina
Working the Gusset

I got one of the number foam puzzle boards from my local supermarket the other day for 2.50 which is just under $5.00. now thinking about it I should have grabbed a couple of packs since the kids are playing with them and they most likely wont last long.

I have been getting back into knitting on the CPH after a few days off. the first row i started I kept doing wrong and had to redo it 3 times. Now I am back in the swing of things and everything is going smoothly, fingers crossed.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-15-2008, 12:54 PM   #252
robynbird
Turning the Heel

Julie & Karina your CPH's look awesome! Becky - welcome!!

I found the foam number blocks at Target for $12 then I found larger ones at Sam's Club for $15 which I think I'll go get as they don't have the removable numbers.

Mom to Missy & Zach & Baby Girl due in December
Wife to Gene

robynbird is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to robynbird For This Useful Post:
Karina (07-15-2008)
Old 07-15-2008, 01:03 PM   #253
Karina
Working the Gusset

Robynbird - I am sure I saw your CPH finished, are you doing another one. Did you use buttons or zipper. at the moment I am undecided but I thin I am leaning towards buttons with the I-cord button holes. quite like the way that looks.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:13 PM   #254
robynbird
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Karina View Post
Robynbird - I am sure I saw your CPH finished, are you doing another one. Did you use buttons or zipper. at the moment I am undecided but I thin I am leaning towards buttons with the I-cord button holes. quite like the way that looks.
I'm not currently making another one but I will make this again - I really love it and my daughter loves mine so I'd like to make one for her.

I put a zipper on mine (don't have a photo of it w/the zipper). The picture below is before I decided on buttons or zipper. I do like the toggle buttons and may do that on the next one.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	FO-CPH.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	49129  

Wife to Gene

Old 07-15-2008, 01:25 PM   #255
Karina
Working the Gusset

It is a great colour, what yarn did you use? I already have the yarn to make another one. I love working on this pattern.

The yarn I have is Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, I haven't actually tested to see if it will work, but I am sure I have seen the CPH made with it on Ravelry.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:28 PM   #256
robynbird
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Karina View Post
It is a great colour, what yarn did you use? I already have the yarn to make another one. I love working on this pattern.

The yarn I have is Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, I haven't actually tested to see if it will work, but I am sure I have seen the CPH made with it on Ravelry.
I used Elann's Peruvian Highland Donegal in Mineral Rose. I love it! Although I overbought due to the yardage I thought I'd need so I have quite a bit left over - not quite enough for another sweater though. :(

I love Debbie Bliss Cashmerino! What's your Ravelry handle? I'm Robynbird there too.

Wife to Gene

Old 07-15-2008, 01:33 PM   #257
Karina
Working the Gusset

I'm daisey27, but not much on there though. Mostly use the site as a reference tool. But since I get so much use out of the site I have decided that it is only fair that I should put myself out there, you never know somebody someday might benefit from something I put on there. So little by little I will start to put up my stash and what I am working on. I love to read peoples comment, find it very useful.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:34 AM   #258
Karina
Working the Gusset

Well I am so annoyed with myself. Have reached my goal and was about to start decreasing for neck edge on my CPH. I was standing there looking at the back admiring my masterpiece when I noticed the cabling was wrong all the way down when i decreased for the sleeves. so I have to rip out my 8.5 inches.

Here is a photo of the back

Name:	CPH Back Error.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	49149

And here is a close up of my error. Will check and double check from now on

Name:	CPH Back Error1.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	49150
Old 07-16-2008, 10:02 AM   #259
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,163 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
aren't you glad you noticed it now instead of after the hood or something like that - at least you can still go & it wasn't in the first cable repeat. bless your heart, I'd cry.

I'm only posting this pic for the KAL, as Karina already knows I've finished my back - if she didn't I wouldn't post it yet as I don't want you (Karina) to feel bad or feel as I'm rubbing it in your face.

my back is done and blocking on a towel since yesterday afternoon & I only have 6" (or so) left on the sleeves before I do the neck decreases!
jberry16 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
Karina (07-16-2008)
Old 07-16-2008, 10:09 AM   #260
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,163 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
ArtLady I just went back to page 6 where it shows your hood being blocked & I wondered (I'm thinking of kitchnering the hood) could I block it while it's still on my cable needle & then once dry kitchner it closed? Honestly I'm still considering not doing a hood. I was thinking this would be a bit 'heavier' sweater, but it's not & I don't know that I'll use the hood - have you used yours? I'm also thinking of all the work I've put into the Celtic Cable on the back & I wouldn't want a hood to hide it...if I wasn't going to do a hood, how would I do a collar type thing? Maybe go as I was doing a hood and then just not do it as long, should I widen it? I was also thinking of doing the celtic cable on the 'purl' side of the hood and making it look like the back on the 'collar'. What do you think? Any suggestions to make it work would be greatly appreciated.
jberry16 is offline   Reply With Quote