Old 04-14-2009, 12:09 AM   #571
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Gina: I'm on my anniversary trip in Niagara Falls and I wore my CPH here. I got a black long sleeved t-shirt to go under it and wore it with jeans. It feels GREAT on!!! Everyone that sees it gets told about my "Texas Hug". Thanks once again. You ladies did such a wonderful job!

Dollyce: The best new is that it's washable! It fits (haha) like it was made for me!!! I LOVE IT!!!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The.Knitter is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-14-2009, 07:20 PM   #572
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Christine, I'm SO happy that you're enjoying both the CPH and your anniversary trip! I'll bet you look fantastic with your black t under it! Since you're on your anniversary trip, we won't ask what's under that!
The Following User Says Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
The.Knitter (04-16-2009)
Old 08-24-2009, 05:04 PM   #573
lactosefree
1st Leg of the Journey

Hi everyone,

I started my CPH a year ago, and I'm now finally able to finish it. I've had health issues this past year so I haven't been on here much. I'm at home recovering and doing well so I decided to get moving on my unfinished items.

So far I have the back, front panels, and sleeves blocked. I just finished sewing the shoulder seams and am getting ready to start the hood. I have never made a hood before so I'm reading through the directions carefully before I start.

I have a question for Dollyce... The directions from the pattern says "BO all sts, or seam top of hood with three-needle BO.

I searched this thread for topics related to 'hood' and saw the photo of your notebook page. Your notebook section says

"BO all sts > BLOCK HOOD NOW
Then:
Seam top edge of the hood now."

I'm confused. Do I BO all stitches and then block and then seam top edge of the hood? Or, do I choose between blocking all stitches and seam top of hood with three needle BO?

I hope this question makes sense!

Thanks,
Susan

lactosefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:59 PM   #574
Debkcs
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,192 Posts
Susan, so glad to see that you are feeling better.

Good luck with the CPH, I'm just finishing up the back.

I'm sure that Dollyce or someone will be here soon to answer your question.

"All good things and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of Lights who cannot change."
James 1:17
Debkcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:01 PM   #575
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
Originally Posted by lactosefree View Post
Hi everyone,

I started my CPH a year ago, and I'm now finally able to finish it. I've had health issues this past year so I haven't been on here much. I'm at home recovering and doing well so I decided to get moving on my unfinished items.

So far I have the back, front panels, and sleeves blocked. I just finished sewing the shoulder seams and am getting ready to start the hood. I have never made a hood before so I'm reading through the directions carefully before I start.

I have a question for Dollyce... The directions from the pattern says "BO all sts, or seam top of hood with three-needle BO.

I searched this thread for topics related to 'hood' and saw the photo of your notebook page. Your notebook section says

"BO all sts > BLOCK HOOD NOW
Then:
Seam top edge of the hood now."

I'm confused. Do I BO all stitches and then block and then seam top edge of the hood? Or, do I choose between blocking all stitches and seam top of hood with three needle BO?

I hope this question makes sense!

Thanks,
Susan
Hi Susan!

Wasn't ignoring your request! Just got back from the high mountains! Can't post replies here at KH using my blackberry (KH software isn't as multi-user friendly as Rav)...but I DID message you over at Rav...but you either didn't check your Rav messages, or you are on vacation yourself like I was!

Anyhoo, I just got back an hour ago...catching up on lots of stuff...but I will look into my notes for the CPH tomorrow and get back to you!

Hugs,

Artlady

PS: Here is one of the Rav photos of my hood as it was blocking and I hope this photo is helpful to you!

Check out all my CPH notes over at Rav, for both my blue CPH and my DD's green CPH!

Let me know if you need any further help beyond what the photos show!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 04:51 PM   #576
lactosefree
1st Leg of the Journey

Last night I finished the hood and blocked it. I just now finished seaming the hood. My next step is to move onto the ribbing all around.

I was reading in the previous posts about 'fixing' cable mistakes... Dollyce you said you used the lazy-daisy embroidery stitch over the top of the cable that was supposed to go "over the bridge", not under. How do you do the lazy daisy stitch? I found a cable error on my sleeve! :(

Also, I think my sleeves may be too long! They're already blocked and ready to be seamed. If it's too long I hope it's not too hard to go back and undo it.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:54 AM   #577
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Artlady at Rav
The Following User Says Thank You to ArtLady1981 For This Useful Post:
lactosefree (08-31-2009)
Old 08-31-2009, 01:56 PM   #578
lactosefree
1st Leg of the Journey

Ooohh I'm SO frustrated!!! I did the ribbing last night and lo' and behold it bowed like crazy. I guess I didn't pick up enough.

Today I will undo the whole ribbing and try again. I also noticed that somehow the right side is a touch longer than the left even though I blocked them both together at the same size. When I line up the 2 front panels the hood seam is off center. sigh.

Thanks for that lazy daisy video. I watched it but I'm still not sure how I would use that to cover up mistake. Do i make the 'petals' over the mistake?

Off to knit- here's hoping I'm more successful today.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:18 PM   #579
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

The 'petals' resemble a 'knit stitch'...and yes, you would put it right over the top of the mis-crossed cable stitch.

In the photo below, my pencil is pointing out where 4 lazy daisy stitches are 'correcting' the direction of the cable!

Also, as for picking up for the ribbing buttonbands:
the good rule of thumb is: "pick up two stitches for every 3 stitches on the sweater side".

Also, I ALWAYS divide my sweater's edge into 8 equal sections. Then I pick up the same amount of stitches in each section, and of course, the number is based on the recommendation of the pattern. But, if I've made the sweater longer, I would be picking up more.

Do the identical thing for the other side of the sweater so that your ribbing for the Left Front will be a mirror image of the ribbing for the Right Front.

I commend you for being 'picky' about your ribbing. It's so visible! Bad ribbing is sooooo awful. I've seen plenty of them for the CPH!

Too few stitches: the ribbing will 'bow'.
Too many stitches: the ribbing will 'ripple'!

Use my formula of 2 pickups for every 3 sweater-side stitches and you won't go wrong.

Big Hugs from me to you!

I've been there, done that!
I've had to RE-DO many ribbings for the buttons and buttonholes, too!

Artlady at Rav
Old 09-01-2009, 07:14 PM   #580
lactosefree
1st Leg of the Journey

My CPH experience is getting worse and worse! Apparently I knit the left front panel incorrectly and it doesn't match the right one... even though they were blocked identically. I have a headache from looking at this too long.

I know this my first sweater and expected challenges, but having to redo the whole left front is discouraging. I will plod on and try again.