Old 12-27-2009, 01:46 PM   #681
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
My CPH was knit with acrylic (Mary Maxim Ragg) and I think it turned out really well. I LOVE IT (if that doesn't sound too immodest). Good luck and enjoy!!!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The.Knitter is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-28-2009, 11:50 AM   #682
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,891 Times in 3,012 Posts
Hi MommaG!

We're here for you!

I know it's IMPOSSIBLE to read through 69 pages of posts for this knitalong! I've requested from "management" to create a way that we can roll knitalongs into their own "forum"...where we can post specific "topics" such as THE BACK, THE FRONTS, THE SLEEVES, etc. This would make knitalongs so much more organized and user-friendly!

Anyway, it may come along someday, after other KnittingHelp upgrades are accomplished!

You shouldn't have any problem with the pattern. It was really easy, and there were no Major pattern errors that I can remember. Maybe one small glitch, but it was minor, and might be corrected in the newer versions of the pattern now! Check online. If there is an error in the pattern, they will declare it and give the correction.

Acrylic makes a fine sweater! It will keep you warm and cozy, and a great benefit is WASHABLE! Yay!

Hugs,

Artlady

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:33 PM   #683
MommaG
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via MSN to MommaG
I am done the back already. I am so excited about how quick it knits up.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:34 PM   #684
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Good for you!!!!!!

Artlady at Rav
Old 12-29-2009, 08:54 PM   #685
chj
1st Leg of the Journey

Holy cow, MommaG, you are really going to town!! Good for you!

I've put my hoodie aside several times. Now I remember why I prefer scarves and blankets - none of that pesky seaming and picking up stitches!! haha... Anyway, I finished the ribbing all the way around the sides and hood. I did the 3-needle bindoff for the hood and picked up the edging all the way around at one time. I've got the sleeves blocking and need to block the edging and then I'm ready to finish up this thing! I've got 2 more days to get it done "this year", but I probably won't get it done until the weekend. Oh, and I still have to buy buttons. No stressing here, though!!

Addicted to knitting...
chj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:12 PM   #686
MommaG
Knitting the Flap

I was on days off so all I did was knit all day and I have been admiring this pattern for a long time as I said and I think because I like it so much I really want to get it done fast. I can't wait. it will be so nice and warm. Living in Canada it gets kinda cold.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:23 PM   #687
MommaG
Knitting the Flap

Done my Left Front. I am so enjoying this pattern it is so easy. This is my first major project with cables. I used to be scared of cables but now I realize they are easy and fun.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:27 PM   #688
wends
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Yahoo to wends
I'm having a problem with a pattern section. I can't seem to wrap my brain around this part (left front):

rep Dec row every other RS row 7 times - 34 stitches rem. AT THE SAME TIME work as follows:

When armhole measures 5", end with WS row.
Next Row: (RS) work in patt to last 11 sts, incl any armhole shaping, then place last 11 sts on holder. Continue working rem sts on needle in patt - 23 sts rem after armhole shaping is completed.

Can someone please explain to me as if I'm 5? I just can't understand it.

Thanks!
Old 01-01-2010, 08:12 PM   #689
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by wends View Post
I'm having a problem with a pattern section. I can't seem to wrap my brain around this part (left front):

rep Dec row every other RS row 7 times - 34 stitches rem. AT THE SAME TIME work as follows:

Next Row: (RS) work in patt to last 11 sts, incl any armhole shaping, then place last 11 sts on holder. Continue working rem sts on needle in patt - 23 sts rem after armhole shaping is completed.

Thanks!
This means that there will "work to do" at each end of the rows during this time. That's what "AT THE SAME TIME" means. The neck edge and the armhole edge will have a "work order" on the same rows sometimes. But, each side is it's own island, so to speak. So just make a list of the "work order" for each edge, and work them in sync!

Artlady at Rav
Old 01-01-2010, 08:34 PM   #690
MommaG
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by wends View Post

Thanks!
I had to read this part of the pattern more than once too inorder to wrap my head around it as well. But just did this part last night so it is fresh in my mind. Continue doing your decreases every other right side row and Once your arm hole reaches 5" long and you have just finished a row with the wrong side facing you and are about to work your next right side row(the pretty side looking at you) work it like you have been decrease if you have to and go across the pattern as you have been stopping with 11 stitches left to go then place those 11 stitches on a holder and turn around and continue working on the remaining 23 stitches going till your arm hole is the required length.

I hope this helps between what our resident expert ArtLady said and what I tried to say. Clear as mud hey. Have fun. Have I said how much I love this pattern.