Originally Posted by lactosefree
Just a quick update:
Finally finished with the Right Front. I will cast on for sleeves this weekend.
Good for you Susan, and thanks for the update!
My CPH ribbing is done. YEAH! Got it right the first time! Was worried about all the frogging and re-knitting if I had picked up too few or too many stitches for the ribbing! I seamed the top of the hood first, then picked up ALL the ribbing stitches for both fronts and the hood. 360 stitches.
I made my ribbing extra wide, too. (About 2.5")
At this moment, it's awaiting its turn on the blocking board. I'll block the ribbing by simply pinning it into place and misting it heavily, leave til bone dry. That hood seam needs work, too. It needs to be flattened out by blocking. I don't know...I might have to block that seam separately by placing a wad of plastic bags inside and then mist the tar out of it. I did the plastic bags trick with a baby bonnet a few months back.
Then, on to the seaming of the sides and sleeves, and then the zipper!
BTW: After I finished the hood, I pinned the side seams and tried it on! (no sleeves attached) It fits great! The hood is roomy and "Little Red Riding Hood" in appearance. I like a loose-ish hood so's it doesn't completely ruin the hair-do! Just flip it up, or flip it back. The photo doesn't show the full size of the hood because I have it tucked in.
A baby's cardigan is drying on the blocking board at this moment...but should be dry later today.