Old 04-01-2008, 02:02 AM   #1
krause01
Casting On

Help on understanding jumper pattern!!
Hi Everybody,

I am fairly new at knitting and this is probably going to be such an obvious solution to advanded knitters like yourself.

My jumper pattern goes like this, Oh and I am working on the back:

Shape Back Neck
***Cont on these 20 sts. Dec one st at neck edge in every row until 15 sts rem. Work 1 row.

Shape Shoulder
Cast off 8 sts at beg of next row. Work 1 row. Cast off rem 7 sts. ***With wrong side facing, join yarn to rem sts. Rep from *** to ***, working 1 row less before shoulder shaping.

First question: Which side is the neck edge????

Second question: If I has only 15 sts remaining and cast all these off I don't understand why it is telling me to join yarn to rem sts and repeat steps.

Thanks for your help in advance, much appreciated!!!

Julie
krause01 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-01-2008, 02:16 AM   #2
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,891 Times in 3,012 Posts
Originally Posted by krause01 View Post
Hi Everybody,

I am fairly new at knitting and this is probably going to be such an obvious solution to advanded knitters like yourself.

My jumper pattern goes like this, Oh and I am working on the back:

Shape Back Neck
***Cont on these 20 sts. Dec one st at neck edge in every row until 15 sts rem. Work 1 row.

Shape Shoulder
Cast off 8 sts at beg of next row. Work 1 row. Cast off rem 7 sts. ***With wrong side facing, join yarn to rem sts. Rep from *** to ***, working 1 row less before shoulder shaping.

First question: Which side is the neck edge????

Second question: If I has only 15 sts remaining and cast all these off I don't understand why it is telling me to join yarn to rem sts and repeat steps.

Thanks for your help in advance, much appreciated!!!

Julie
Neck edge is next to/closest to the neck...as opposed to the armhole or outside edge.

SHOULDER SHAPING: When you are working the BACK...you will work/bind off each shoulder by themselves, one at a time. The first shoulder...then the other shoulder. To get over to the other shoulder, you will have to reattach the yarn over there.

Wait til you get there. You'll get it!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ArtLady1981 For This Useful Post:
krause01 (04-01-2008)