Old 04-24-2008, 09:27 AM   #101
mwhite
Instepping Out

[quote=gargoylelib;1099897

Yeah, I'm gonna run out and get that pattern! I've been feeling
hesitant to pay the $12 for the Heere Be Dragone shawl pattern...
yeah ok, I'm cheap! :D Wouldn't the dragon shawl make a
cool blanket? That is my plan anyway....I love dragons hehe

Go knitters go!
Libbie [/QUOTE]

YEGADS!!! Guess I'm a cheapo, too! I can just see explaining that on the CC bill! Uh, well, I'm gonna sell it after it's made for twice that! Yeah, right! I'd be in the doghouse forever!
mwhite is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-24-2008, 12:33 PM   #102
Karina
Working the Gusset

Libby just looked up the dragon shawl and found about 3 other pattern I wanted. the dragon, the pegasus and the giant reflections shawl. Stopped looking after that. Have no money at the moment to spend.
All three of my kids birthdays are within a 5 week period. I really should have planned my pregnancies a bit better.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:17 PM   #103
1to1
Turning the Heel

Hi!

I used/am using Cascade Ecological Wool 8014 with US Size 10 - 40" Addi Turbos. I did Magic Loop so I didn't have to use DPN or any other sizes but using two circulars would work great too.

I put a green (go) stitch markers between each repeat and then a red one (stop) at the beginning of the round. These are my favorite markers.

Mary, Thanks for extending the Hemlock Ring pattern...when I make that again I'll be sure to use it. Would you be interested in extending the Eceblad?!?!?

The Alita is coming along...I'm finally past where I had to frog back. The pattern isn't hard so I don't know why I kept messing up around Rnd 9. Now, I'm on Rnd 50 but just found out that my LYS is out of the Eco Wool 8014 but she ordered it for me and it should be here 5/2. Hopefully, this will still give me time to finish it by Mother's Day.

Knit on,
Carla

1to1
1to1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1to1 For This Useful Post:
Lisa1216 (04-24-2008)
Old 04-24-2008, 01:35 PM   #104
1to1
Turning the Heel

Karina,

The Reflection Shawl is amazing but make sure you check out the errata. Umm, it is already so big (58"x58")....can you imagine how big it would be using bulky yarn and size 10 needles?!?

Off to ravel it to see if anyone has made it bigger.

Thanks,
Carla

1to1
The Following User Says Thank You to 1to1 For This Useful Post:
Karina (04-24-2008)
Old 04-24-2008, 03:20 PM   #105
Karina
Working the Gusset

Thanks for that, if you ordered the pattern after they found errors in it would they also send the errata sheet.

The size of the reflections is what first struck me, would definitely not have to extend that thing. maybe do it in a DK, i think that is light worsted weight over there. I would hope it would fit on my 6 by 6 foot 6 bed.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:36 PM   #106
mwhite
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by 1to1 View Post

Mary, Thanks for extending the Hemlock Ring pattern...when I make that again I'll be sure to use it. Would you be interested in extending the Eceblad?!?!?

Carla

Yep, is right! LOL! I printed off both the Egeblad and the Alita today. I hate it when there's no stitch count!!! All I can do is tell you I'll try. It took me a couple of days to understand the timing of the Hemlock but there is a method to the madness. You don't happen to know a source for the stitch counts do you?
mwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mwhite For This Useful Post:
1to1 (04-25-2008)
Old 04-24-2008, 11:19 PM   #107
DudeWithSticks
1st Leg of the Journey

Update... LOL
I am on row 106 and getting ready to do my next increase... So far I have 504 stitches. And OMG, does it take a long time to go around when you have four rounds of knitting. hahaha
I am trying to get to at least 112 before I hit the sack. Don't know if that will happen, but it's my goal.
And Mary, I might just catch up with you!!! (since she's waiting for her suppy)
I don't think that I will go as far as Mary's directions, but may go as far as Jared's extended pattern. (his ended at row 112 and I think that I will go to row 122 with four rows of knit and the bind off. So I guess it will be a little bit larger than four feet. I'll let you all know when I get to block it.
How's everyone else doing?
DudeWithSticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:08 PM   #108
1to1
Turning the Heel

Mary, Don't do it just for me. Only if you're going to make them and wanted them bigger too. I'm afraid that with the Eceblad it will be more difficult with how the pattern is. I'll check to see if I wrote down the stitch count. And with the Alita I don't know if I'm ever going to make it to the last section.

The Alita keeps kicking my bu++. I made it to Rnd 54 and am back at Rnd 43...yup, I finally put in a lifeline. I just need to pay more attention after each round but sometimes you can't tell there is a mistake until you've gone a little further. This last time it wasn't that noticeable but somewhere I didn't K2tog in the right spot and it made the diamond border look off. Darn, I should have taken a picture. I'm counting each section of each round so hopefully, I can get this finished without anymore frogging.

1to1
Old 04-27-2008, 12:49 AM   #109
WinterOfEternity
Casting On

My Progress On The Hemlock Ring Blanket
Hello Everyone...=)

I haven't posted yet but I have been knitting along with you on the Hemlock Ring Blanket.

I am now on Row 89 and have 408 stitches on my 40" cable

This is a beautiful Blanket to knit and I have loved knitting it along with you ! I have read every post and enjoy each and every comment...=)

Everyone's blanket looks so beautiful and like everyone else, I haven't a clue as to where I will stop. I am loving the knitting process on this blanket so much that I actually hate to stop.

I know that I will knit up to where Jared stopped his blanket, but I am so tempted to work thru Mary's written instructions too.

When I get closer to Row 121, I will make that decision then. I know that I have enough yarn to keep going and I am so tempted. I like large cuddly blankets.

Here is a picture of my progress. I am using Cascade Yarns Ecological wool in color # 8010. I would call it candlelight myself, or a light cream color.

When I started this blanket, I chose this color in case I wanted to Dye the wool to a light pastel, but after working with it, I have decided to leave the color as is. It will go with anything and the natural color seems very pleasing to my eyes.

I am in love with this yarn and Jared was right when he said it is a "Workhorse" yarn. I can see myself using it over again and
again. I think its a winner and with this pattern you can't go wrong.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	48203  

On The Needles:
The Christine Bag
Yarn: Gedifra Donatella Yarn in color way Snow
The Double Hearts Scarf
Yarn: KingTut Cotton in color way Red
Cascading Leaves Socks
Socks That Rock in color way Mustang Sally
Fall Socks
Knit Picks Essential in color way Tuscany Multi
Hemlock Ring Blanket
Cascade Yarns Ecological Wool in color way 8010
WinterOfEternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:03 AM   #110
DudeWithSticks
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by WinterOfEternity View Post
Hello Everyone...=)

I haven't posted yet but I have been knitting along with you on the Hemlock Ring Blanket.

I am now on Row 89 and have 408 stitches on my 40" cable

This is a beautiful Blanket to knit and I have loved knitting it along with you ! I have read every post and enjoy each and every comment...=)

Everyone's blanket looks so beautiful and like everyone else, I haven't a clue as to where I will stop. I am loving the knitting process on this blanket so much that I actually hate to stop.

I know that I will knit up to where Jared stopped his blanket, but I am so tempted to work thru Mary's written instructions too.

When I get closer to Row 121, I will make that decision then. I know that I have enough yarn to keep going and I am so tempted. I like large cuddly blankets.

Here is a picture of my progress. I am using Cascade Yarns Ecological wool in color # 8010. I would call it candlelight myself, or a light cream color.

When I started this blanket, I chose this color in case I wanted to Dye the wool to a light pastel, but after working with it, I have decided to leave the color as is. It will go with anything and the natural color seems very pleasing to my eyes.

I am in love with this yarn and Jared was right when he said it is a "Workhorse" yarn. I can see myself using it over again and
again. I think its a winner and with this pattern you can't go wrong.
Welcome Winter and so glad you posted your photo. It looks fantastic. I think that I ordered the same yarn to knit one for my Mom.
I am on row 116 (568 sts) I don't know how far I am going to go as well. I think that I may go to row 127 for my final increase. But it's getting tighter and tighter on the 40" needles. Mary suggested that I put them on a few different circs to make it easier. But I just don't want to get anymore confused as I am down to the wire. LOL
So, I'll see just how much I can get on the 40" needles before it's too tight. Then I'll start my bind off.
Good luck and I'll let everyone know where I end up on. I actually just ordered a 60" circ for the next one and I think that I will be able to do all of Mary's increases.
That will probably end up being a pretty large blanket, especially with the eco wool.
Good luck all and where is everyone?!?!?!?!?
DudeWithSticks is offline   Reply With Quote