Old 04-29-2008, 09:01 AM   #131
Karina
Working the Gusset

domiknitrix - it would depend on what yarn you decide to use. I started this at a try it to see if I could do it, using a yarn that I had (Sirdar denim chunky) using 6.5mm needles, worked out well so just kept going. I think it also depends how you like the end result. very open lace or not. If i was you I would buy the yarn that you really love and then try knitting a bit on a couple of different size needles.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-29-2008, 09:21 AM   #132
Lisa1216
Turning the Heel

domiknitrix~I'm using size 9's with a worsted weight yarn.

Karina~ I called Webs and the girl in customer service said they charge shipping by the weight of the package and go by what the post office would charge to ship. So you can order 2 skeins or 20, it all depends on the weight of the box. There is no $36 packaging charge. Also their direct phone # is 413-584-2225. Hope this helps!

ETA: I think I misunderstood your post about the flat rate box. I went back and reread your post and now I understand what you meant. Sorry if I'm confusing.

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

On the needles: Not much
Finshed: Nothing lately
Lisa1216 on Ravelry
Lisa1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lisa1216 For This Useful Post:
Karina (04-29-2008)
Old 04-29-2008, 09:22 AM   #133
mwhite
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by domiknitrix View Post
Hi everyone!

I would love to join. I have been oogling this pattern since it came out. But have been kinda scared to tackle. Is it to late to join?
Never too late! Welcome Domiknitrix!!! Slide in beside one of us and have a great time...this is a beautiful pattern!
mwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:17 AM   #134
domiknitrix
1st Leg of the Journey

Thanks everyone!! I really wanted to go with a nice muted blue color, but decided to go with the Eco (especially since it is on sale) and next time (I know there will be one) go with the eco plus. So, I place my order and now the waiting game begins!!

www.knitsy.blogspot.com
I am Urbanknitrix on Ravelry
domiknitrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:05 PM   #135
DudeWithSticks
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by domiknitrix View Post
Question: Did you guys use a size 10 or 12 dpn?
I used 10's unless you knit on the tighter side. Gauge is not that important since you aren't knitting something that you are actually wearing.
You can actually knit with smaller DPN's for a few rows to get the middle tighter as well. But if you do this only do it for a few rows and you will start the flower pattern shortly.
DudeWithSticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:13 PM   #136
DudeWithSticks
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by Karina View Post
tried to email, and it returned it undelivered, something about permanent failure or something. is there another address or a phone no that is not free phone. Toll free does not work from abroad. Thanks
Hmmm, have you checked your mail system? I just wrote to them and received an answer. (mailed them last night)
See details below.
fromCustomer Service <CustomerService@yarn.com>
toGino T <dudewithsticks@gmail.com>,
dateTue, Apr 29, 2008 at 10:45 AM
subjectRE: Webs Order# 283176
hide details 10:45 AM Reply

Hello,
Thank you for your inquiry!

The final day for the Anniversary sale is May 26th.

----------------
Michael Walsh
Customer Service
Webs® / America's Yarn Store®
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 6:26 AM
To: Customer Service
Subject: Re: Webs Order# 283176

- Hide quoted text -
Hello,

Can you tell me when the sale is over on the Cascade Eco Wool? I know it's in May...

Thanks for your help.

Gino
Old 04-29-2008, 01:22 PM   #137
DudeWithSticks
1st Leg of the Journey

Quote:
Gino~ It looks great! I think I'm going to do another one or a different pattern once I finish this one. Maybe we could just keep this KAL going with different doily patterns as afghans.
Thanks Lisa!
Made it to row 127 and coming home tonight to do the 4 rows of knit and then I think that I will wait till tomorrow morning to do the bind off. I really hope that I can do this. The only thing that sort of bothers me is when it comes to "turn" I have never done this or short rows etc. Do you just do exactly like it says and turn your work and where should the yarn be? Sounds weird. UGH. Any help would be appreciated!
Maybe I'll knit a few rows on some scrap yarn and try and do a few bind offs with that. (think that would help?) Then I can take a photo and send to the group. :P
And Lisa, that sound great. I would totally be up for that! What do you all think? Should we keep the thread or start a new one with each doily pattern?
Thinking that it would be easier for the newbies joining to find all that's needed for just the hemlock. And not have miles and miles of "non hemlock" info on it.
And "L" I am not that an experienced knitter, so something not too hard please.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:11 PM   #138
Karina
Working the Gusset

THanks Lisa for your help. I called them up and you are right they do not use the global priority boxes. the postal service charge them to much for the boxes so shipping end up costing more. I orderd eight skeins in total 4 of the light No 10 and 4 of a brown no 87 they had only 3 of the light in stock and none of the brown so we will see what happens.

I don't know what happend with regards to the email gino. I'm not great with computers that is my husbands domain. But I got there in the end so thank you for helping me.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:00 PM   #139
DudeWithSticks
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by Karina View Post
THanks Lisa for your help. I called them up and you are right they do not use the global priority boxes. the postal service charge them to much for the boxes so shipping end up costing more. I orderd eight skeins in total 4 of the light No 10 and 4 of a brown no 87 they had only 3 of the light in stock and none of the brown so we will see what happens.

I don't know what happend with regards to the email gino. I'm not great with computers that is my husbands domain. But I got there in the end so thank you for helping me.
Glad you were able to get through to them. I think what they will do is ship everything together and they are very good at matching lots. I have never had a problem before. But funny, how can they have lots when the sheep are all different and not dyed. HMMMM.... LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to DudeWithSticks For This Useful Post:
Karina (04-29-2008)
Old 04-29-2008, 03:08 PM   #140
mwhite
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by DudeWithSticks View Post
Thanks Lisa!
Made it to row 127 and coming home tonight to do the 4 rows of knit and then I think that I will wait till tomorrow morning to do the bind off. I really hope that I can do this. The only thing that sort of bothers me is when it comes to "turn" I have never done this or short rows etc. Do you just do exactly like it says and turn your work and where should the yarn be? Sounds weird. UGH. Any help would be appreciated!

87th rnd: K 1, * k 2 tog, O, k 2 tog, turn, p 1, work 5 sts in next st -- to work 5 sts in 1 (k 1, p 1) twice in the same st, then k in the same st once more. P 1, sl 1, turn, bind off 7 sts (1 st remains on right-hand needle). Repeat from * around.

Gino, you'll do it one stitch at the time, following the instructions and when you turn, you'll be on the back(purl) side like using a straight, single point needle. Then when you turn again, you'll be back on the front(knit) side. Take it carefully and slowly and don't get ahead of yourself...this is what confuses you. You CAN do it, I know you can!!! All it takes is time and patience-
mwhite is offline   Reply With Quote