Old 05-01-2008, 06:53 PM   #171
mwhite
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by DudeWithSticks View Post
Update... I have about 3.5 more repeats left on the bind off. And it's going smoothly but sloooooooooooooooooooooooooow. I want it done NOW... LOL I'll update ya'll in a few hours. I think that I can get it done for sure in three or less.
And I'll have photos to post before the blocking. Now it looks more like a botton feeding sea creature of some sort. HAHAHA
I WANNA SEE, I WANNA SEE!!!
mwhite is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-01-2008, 09:31 PM   #172
DudeWithSticks
1st Leg of the Journey

LOL, I know I know... Well, I am D-O-N-E!!!
I will promise to take some pics of it outside before I block it. It took me forever to bind off. About 5 hours give or take from phone breaks and lunch, so maybe about 4 total.
Also, be very careful to all you cascade eco people. Three hanks my be okay if you do all of Mary's extentions. As I stated, I went to row 131 including the four rows of knit. Then the bind off. You use a lot for the bind off! When I finished, I had about 2/3 of a hank left over. When you start to get to the upper rounds, you go through yarn like mad!
Anyway, promise photos tomorrow as it is getting pretty dark here and don't really want to use a flash.
Cheers all for all your support! Now on to the next one.
DudeWithSticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 08:48 AM   #173
Lisa1216
Turning the Heel

Morning all and welcome to all the new people!! I've been out of town the past two days and I'm just getting caught up on e-mails and all these posts. I haven't worked on mine for a few days because I thought it was too bulky to take on the airplane and didn't want to risk the needles not being allowed on the plane. I worked on a sock instead.

Gino~I can't wait to see yours! I'm not sure what to work on next. Let me know your plans. I'm hooked on the lace knitting too!

Karina~Glad you were able to get the yarn ordered!!

I'll check back in later with everyone once I'm caught back up at work.

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

On the needles: Not much
Finshed: Nothing lately
Lisa1216 on Ravelry
Lisa1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lisa1216 For This Useful Post:
Karina (05-03-2008)
Old 05-02-2008, 02:55 PM   #174
Minou
Ribbing the Cuff

If anyone wants a small, fun lace project, I loved knitting the Argosy scarf. It's what got me started in lace in the first place.

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/PATTargosy.html

I saw one online knitted in Opal Hundertwasser "Der Blaue Mond" by Knitorious: http://knitorious.typepad.com/knitor...twasser-w.html

I did one in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock "Daffodil" and it gets a lot of comments. If you use variegated yarns, the striping is opposite the pattern and they're both oblique so it's really pretty. There are also variations printed for shawls, dishcloths and blankets.

Egeblad is definitely next for me. The pattern has a few new things to interpret, but should be okay. I just keep coming back to it in my Ravelry queue and that's a sign. It's calling to me!

-Rebecca
Minou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 08:37 PM   #175
Minou
Ribbing the Cuff

Whew. I just finished the bind-off on row 91. I should have finished on row 92, but I dropped one row in hopes that I would be able to finish in three skeins. No such luck. I still ran out 1 1/2 fans from the end. It's 39" unblocked and took just over three skeins of Beaverslide Fisherman Weight. Fortunately, I had four so it only meant a pause to wind another ball.

Alas, I don't think I'll get to block until Sunday. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

-Rebecca
Old 05-03-2008, 02:09 AM   #176
DudeWithSticks
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by Minou View Post
Whew. I just finished the bind-off on row 91. I should have finished on row 92, but I dropped one row in hopes that I would be able to finish in three skeins. No such luck. I still ran out 1 1/2 fans from the end. It's 39" unblocked and took just over three skeins of Beaverslide Fisherman Weight. Fortunately, I had four so it only meant a pause to wind another ball.

Alas, I don't think I'll get to block until Sunday. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

-Rebecca
Hey All,
I know Rebecca, toward the end it just eats up your yarn and the bind off is crazy and you use even more in the bind off. So be aware peeps...
Okay, photos! Excuse the photos, I was in such a rush to get this done. Anyway, a little background. Couldn't block it on any beds, sigh... It wouldn't dry in time. So, had a small twin in the garage and took it outside. It started to dry as I was pinning it up. I had a few problems from the pics as far as pinning, but had my sister come over and she helped out and it looked a lot better. Didn't take anymore as I had my camera packed for my trip. So, I think there are some unpinned parts.
Well, you'll get the idea... The first pic as before it was blocked. And the second is after. I had a few problems with smoothing it out and there are a few "waves" still in the blanket, but I don't think she'll mind. Other than that, I am sooooo happy with it. And when I make the second one, I'll have more time to block it correctly.
Jared's Hemlock measured at almost four feet. I measured mine from point to point and mine ended up at about five feet. And that was at row 131.
Hope everyone else is doing well.
You have to wet block this, maybe steam may work, but if you want to make it flat and show your lace pattern, that is the best way to do it. And just be careful when you pin.
Anyway, off to Hawaii for a week. I brought a few projects just in case. Not bringing anything on the plane. Gonna sleep! hahaha (8:30 AM flight)
Talk soon all... and they have internet at the house.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	not-blocked.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	48261  Click image for larger version

Name:	blocked.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	48262  
DudeWithSticks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DudeWithSticks For This Useful Post:
1to1 (05-03-2008)
Old 05-03-2008, 02:19 AM   #177
Minou
Ribbing the Cuff

That color looks great! The brown is very rich. Which color # is it?

I steam blocked my first one, which was knitted in Cascade 220. I blocked it twice and it came out very nice. I found if I pin the heck out of the flower first, it makes it easier to stretch and pin the feather and fan portion.

I just knitted a fast swatch with the Beaverslide and practiced washing it. It has so much lanolin yet, that I decided to soak it for a little while in Ivory soap. I rinsed it well, then soaked it in Eucalan. Now it's pinned and drying, but it's already so soft that I didn't want to let it go. I can't wait to block it for real.

While I have my Hemlock off the needles, I started Egeblad. I'm on round 31 already. I changed the sl 1, k1, psso's to ssk's and also changed to a double decrease, just like on my Hemlocks. It is so much fun to knit! The center spirals so it's fun to see it emerging from the needles.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:58 AM   #178
1to1
Turning the Heel

Gino, It turned out beautiful...you did a wonderful job with the blocking too.

Minou, I loved making the Egeblad...I think it is much easier and more enjoyable than the Hemlock. But the Hemlock is very interesting and got me started doing these doily throws.

Mary, How's your Egeblad going? I didn't keep a row stitch count on the Egeblad but am on the Alita.

Have a great weekend!
Carla

1to1
1to1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1to1 For This Useful Post:
DudeWithSticks (05-05-2008)
Old 05-03-2008, 10:03 AM   #179
Karina
Working the Gusset

Gino well done on completing the Hemlock. Looks amazing. off to Hawaii for a week, Lucky devil.

I'm on row 108, takes quite a bit of time to do a row now but still determined to carry on for a while.

Mary how is your coming along? you did get your yarn to carry on right.

Hope every one else is working hard on their Hemlock. Love to see the photos really spurs you on to finish.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:18 PM   #180
Minou
Ribbing the Cuff

I'm up to round 45 on my Egeblad now. I found out today that reading in a car makes me sick, but knitting doesn't. I cranked out 14 rounds during the ride and plan to do some more tonight. I'm not so fond of all the double decreases in this pattern because they slow me down, but the lace is looking really nice. I don't have photos of it yet because it's so smooshed on the needles you can't see bupkus, but I will tonight or tomorrow when I move up to a 40".

I have photos of my first Hemlock blocked and my second unblocked on Ravelry. It won't let me upload any photos here.

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Minou

I have two books of doily patterns coming on Wednesday. No Herbert Niebling, but I think I'll find some good ones to try to convert.