Old 04-06-2008, 11:46 PM   #11
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Another trick if you just have a few sts to begin with... just put them on 2 dpns and use a 3rd to knit with instead. After a few rounds when you've increased the number of sts quite a lot, then rearrange them and add the 4th needle... and 5th if you have a 5 needle set.

The other thing is, you can take the CO tail and sew up the gap when you're finished so there's no hole.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-07-2008, 02:25 AM   #12
DudeWithSticks
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by suzeeq View Post
Another trick if you just have a few sts to begin with... just put them on 2 dpns and use a 3rd to knit with instead. After a few rounds when you've increased the number of sts quite a lot, then rearrange them and add the 4th needle... and 5th if you have a 5 needle set.

The other thing is, you can take the CO tail and sew up the gap when you're finished so there's no hole.
That's great too! I think that I will try and do the two DPN's to start off with and go from there.
Thanks!
DudeWithSticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:26 AM   #13
DudeWithSticks
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by mwhite View Post
I just can't believe you can actually see all the sts.... usually my camera skills are pitiful! LOL!

Okay, I'm off to the sack... The darlin wee little one wore me out this weekend, but OH what a joy she is!

She's beautiful! And yes, they are quite clear and easy to tell and read steps. I'll try it out tonight and let you know. Thanks again M...
G
Old 04-07-2008, 04:03 PM   #14
DudeWithSticks
1st Leg of the Journey

I just can't believe you can actually see all the sts.... usually my camera skills are pitiful! LOL!
Okay, did your advice Mary and it does looks better. I also casted on a lot tighter and knitted the first two rows on the tighter side. I can still see the line, it's much tighter and not nearly as loose.
Since this is the first time that I am knitting on DPN's with a small circle, is this what it should look like? Or should that longer now slightly looser stitch be even tighter still.
If it should, I may take this down to the LYS and ask them what I am actually doing wrong!
Thanks M...
Both examples below... :D
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	before.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	47856  Click image for larger version

Name:	after.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	47857  
Old 04-07-2008, 05:48 PM   #15
mwhite
Instepping Out

It looks great and I don't think you're gonna find anybody taking out a magnifying glass and peering at it. Really, it is just fine. Now quit fussin over it! LOL! That itty, bitty, purly-looking thing will just disappear when you weave that end off and block.
mwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:48 PM   #16
DudeWithSticks
1st Leg of the Journey

It looks great and I don't think you're gonna find anybody taking out a magnifying glass and peering at it. Really, it is just fine. Now quit fussin over it! LOL! That itty, bitty, purly-looking thing will just disappear when you weave that end off and block.
HAHAHA,
Thanks MOM! I know I know. But you know what I am trying to do and when I finish the "ring" and it bites the big one because of that loose stitch, I may have to burn all my needles and take up button collecting or something. :P So I just wanted to be sure. And promise no more fussin!