Old 04-13-2008, 02:38 PM   #1
letah75
Working the Gusset

UPDATED: Women's thread....question
Ok, this is kind of an uncomfortable question, but last night I had the WORST cramping sensation on my pelvic bone. I don't have menstral cramps, and I'm about two weeks into my cycle. Anyone have any ideas. It hurt so bad. It lasted about 5 minutes, then pretty quickly tapered away. I have a slight pressure feeling, not painful, but I feel like everything is tight.

Has anyone ever had anything like this happen before? any ideas?

"Shared pain is lessened; shared joy, increased thus do we refute entropy." - Spider Robinson

Last edited by letah75 : 04-16-2008 at 02:28 PM.
letah75 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-13-2008, 02:53 PM   #2
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts
It could possibly be a cyst on your ovary.

I had a cyst rupture several years ago, and it came on quite suddenly. I had to go to the ER because I was in so much pain and didn't know what it was. After an internal ultrasound (not fun when that part of you hurts), it was determined that a cyst had ruptured. My ob/gyn explained that women have lots of cysts every month, but that one will, occasionally, rupture.

I don't know if this helps any.

Hugs to you...hope you feel better soon.

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 03:00 PM   #3
letah75
Working the Gusset

I ovulated not to long ago, and I always feel it, but this month (I think since I just recently went off of my BCP) it was really sharp. That was about 3 days ago.

I've just not felt this pain before. Last night's pain wasn't in my ovaries though, it really was straight on my pelvic bone. It was very low, and center, not on one side or the other.

auburnchick thanks for your response.

"Shared pain is lessened; shared joy, increased thus do we refute entropy." - Spider Robinson
Old 04-13-2008, 03:14 PM   #4
Cynamar
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to Cynamar Send a message via Yahoo to Cynamar
You should see your doctor if it keeps up. I'm guessing that it's a change from going off BCP???

While there's tea there's hope. - Sir Arthur Pinero

My KH Blog Thread

My Blog
Cynamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 03:40 PM   #5
letah75
Working the Gusset

Well I went to my doctor before I went off of the BCP. It was a planned thing. I went off on March 21st, well I guess the 20th because the 20th was the last day I took it, and on the 21st was my first day not taking it.

Old 04-13-2008, 04:49 PM   #6
jjminarcik
Turning the Heel

I second Auburnchick's response. I had that happen to me and that was the first thing I thought of when reading your symptoms. If it continues or gets worse I would definitely see your doctor.

Hugs!

OTN: Socks, socks, socks
My first sweater

jjminarcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 07:18 PM   #7
Mulderknitter
Working the Gusset

I say if it's a severe enough pain that you have never had before, go to your doctor. The least they should do is a pelvic exam, and/or an ultrasound. It does not sound like an ectopic to me, nor does it sound like menstrual cramps. This might sound icky, but a lot of times lower abdominal pain, even sharp pain, can be gas or poo. Have you had a bm? (so personal, sorry, but it might help so I had to ask because they will at the dr's office )
Please keep us updated! Any outcome you have might be useful for others.
Oddball Pet Snuggles
I am Mulderknitter on Ravelry, add me to your friends!

My Blog
http://susanknitsandwrites.blogspot.com/
Add me to your faves and leave a comment, I love comments!
Mulderknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:45 PM   #8
bailsmom
Turning the Heel

Queen of cysts here! (although that means absolutely nothing to anyone since every womans internal organs are different!) Since you've been on the pill I would tend to lean away from it being a cyst. My cysts are always on my left or right side so with yours being in the center, well, it could have been gas. I know I've had some doosey cramps in my day. It'll be like someone just stabbed me in the gut and it lasts only a few moments, but it feels like forever, and then it goes away.

Are you sure you ovulated already?? Are you temping? If so, then you would know if you had ovulated already.

I always have sharp pains on my girly insides so that isn't unusual for me and I guess if it happens again I would call your doctor.

BTW, I always have to tell women if you are getting an interal ultrasound: It should NOT hurt when they do it, uncomfortable yes, but not hurt you. If it does hurt then say something right away!! I've found that for me, many of the women doctors do them quite rough and the men always seem to be gentler. Remember, just say something. I didn't say anything at first and I suffered quite a bit, so that's why I am telling you and anyone else reading this to speak up. (no offense to the women U/S techs out there who are gentle - I thank you )

I hope it stays away and you feel better very soon.
lelvsdgs (04-22-2008)
Old 04-14-2008, 12:18 AM   #9
letah75
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Mulderknitter View Post
It does not sound like an ectopic to me, nor does it sound like menstrual cramps. This might sound icky, but a lot of times lower abdominal pain, even sharp pain, can be gas or poo. Have you had a bm? (so personal, sorry, but it might help so I had to ask because they will at the dr's office )
Please keep us updated! Any outcome you have might be useful for others.
He he, ok your bm question cracked me up. I thought of that too and um....well that wasn't it. Also it was too low for gas.

As for menstrual cramps, I'm 32 and I've never had them. Not even a little.

I would like to thank everyone for their responses.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:32 AM   #10
letah75
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by bailsmom View Post
Are you sure you ovulated already?? Are you temping? If so, then you would know if you had ovulated already.
Oh yeah, I ovulated. In fact I ovulated on both sides this month. Left first, then about 4 hours later the right side. I'm one of those lucky ones....(<---kinda sarcastic here) who knows when I ovulate. It's a very sharp/pulling/stabbing pain.

I don't know. If it happens again, I'll go to the Dr. Thanks again to everyone.