Old 04-14-2008, 08:18 PM   #1
BlackDragon
Casting On

Attaching neckband to sweater
Hi again everyone! I posted a question earlier about shaping the shoulders and back neck and now I'm back with another question about the pattern I'm working on. This is the pattern I'm working on :

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/kw...tml?noImages=0

Now my question is...how do I attach the neckband to the necks of the front and back? I have all the materials but I don't know how to start up on the neck and start knitting the neckband...any help would be great! I'm working on the "Finishing" part. Thanks a bunch!

P.S. This site is AWESOME!
BlackDragon is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-14-2008, 08:44 PM   #2
MaleKnitter
1st Leg of the Journey

okay, this is pretty simple. first make sure that you sew the seam that goes from the shoulder the the opening for the collar. (you can sew up the rest of the sweater now or save it for later, it doesnt matter) then with your circular needle, pick up (there's a very good video on knittinghelp) stitches around the collar. Just take your needle and insert it into the collar from the right side to the wrong side and pull a loop of yarn through (just like a knit stitch) and you repeat this step until you have the correct number of stitches. then you work all of the stitches in the circular needle in rounds (do not turn your work) just as the pattern says, bind off, weave in your ends... that's it.
I can't wait to see it
MaleKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:08 PM   #3
BlackDragon
Casting On

Thanks a bunch! I hope this works out well! Sorry it took me forever to get back to you. It's been busy..it'll be a miracle if I can get this sweater done on time. But thanks to your help, hopefully I won't have a problem! Thanks once again!
BlackDragon is offline   Reply With Quote