Old 04-20-2008, 12:50 PM   #11
snowbear
Working the Gusset

Send a message via Yahoo to snowbear
The only thing negative about a T line.. is running into the darn thing and effectively "clotheslining" yourself.

We had a T line, and ad to have a support in the middle. We hung up all our clothes... From bedspreads to washcloths. It was a pain.. but, saved $ on the electric bill.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-20-2008, 01:02 PM   #12
Phaedra
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to Phaedra
If you get a line on 2 pulleys: there is a small metal clip (probably made from plastic now) with it own pulleys that we used. It clips onto the 2 clotheslines (spaced out between the laundry; we used about 3 or 4) and they keep the lines from sagging.
Phaedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:43 PM   #13
bjc1050
Turning the Heel

We've always had the umbrella style and if I could have one here, that would still be my choice. My mother always had the T style and I didn't like it as much.

http://crochetbydayknitterbynight.blogspot.com/

Gen 8:22

While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease
KJV
bjc1050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:48 PM   #14
bjc1050
Turning the Heel

Guess I didn't explain why I like the umbrella style. You can turn the whole thing so the wind can blow thru between the lines of clothes. They come in various sizes. You'd be surprised how much they can hold. You only have to set up one hole for the main shaft.

http://crochetbydayknitterbynight.blogspot.com/

Gen 8:22

While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease
KJV
bjc1050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:09 PM   #15
bailsmom
Turning the Heel

I vote for the Umbrella Style line. I can get 4 full loads of laundry on that thing, and I don't have a problem with space at all. I never like the 'T' style lines, I could never get all the clothes that I get on the umbrella one on the 'T' style line. It's just not enough length. And you can put it wherever you want it, just dig a hole and you're done. We rent in a house and DH just rigged it so we could take it with us when we get our first house. I know my parents used cement to anchor theirs, but DH just used the pipe that came with it and reinforced it with the dirt he dug up. It has never bent, or tipped over once and we've had it for a few years now.

Go with the Umbrella Line, you won't be sorry!
Old 04-22-2008, 07:22 AM   #16
gingerbread
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to gingerbread Send a message via Skype™ to gingerbread
I have had both types I still like the pully style. My father put it on the house on the back porch and to the Pear tree across the driveway. I loved it the cloths always smelled so good. Now that dh and I are retired I have the retrackable type. From the house to the end of the porch. I can't get to much on it but still love it. I say go for the both of them if you have the space. Then there can't be a stand still. Just a thought.

Teri

I am memere on Ravelry
gingerbread is offline   Reply With Quote