Old 04-20-2008, 07:58 PM   #1
fredas
Casting On

diagonal baby afghan pattern edges
I am just starting to knit the above from Red Heart Buttercup. I knit about six inches doing the following.
Cast on 4 sts.
Row 1 Knit.
Row 2 and on: slip 1 purlwise,k1,yo and knit to end of row.

It seems the edges are shorter than the rest and it will not lie flat. Would it be better to knit the first stitch, slip the first stitch knitwise or what should I do? I tried not to make the first stitch tight when slipping purlwise as well. This yarn is lumpy and bumpy so not easy to knit.
thank you.
fredas is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-20-2008, 11:46 PM   #2
tasknitter
Ribbing the Cuff

sounds like the slipping of the first stitch is to give it a neater edge, when you come back along the row, you'll knit (or purl, whatever) the last stitch (which is the slipped stitch of the previous row) give it a try for a few rows, though if you're using textured yarn it may not show anyway?
goodluck
tasknitter is offline   Reply With Quote