Old 04-23-2008, 12:22 PM   #1
SandraS
Ribbing the Cuff

I have angered the knitting goddess
I'm on sock #2, using some trekking yarn with the colors that sort of run into each other. Sock #2 wasn't quite matching the 1st one. The color sequence was way off, but I can put up with that. The yarn didn't seem to match the first skein. #1 was sort of heathered, while #2 was more solids. Anyway, I was complaining about it to a friend and how I was going to have to make 2 more of the same sock with my remaining 2 skeins just to get a match and whine whine whine. Well, let me tell you, the goddess was angered and got me! I pulled out my knitting and without noticing, I jammed one of the dpns into the side of my recliner. Again, without noticing, I pulled the sock OFF that needle! Of course I had just started decreasing the gusset and that was the needle that came out! The row was a total loss. There was zero hope of picking it up and having it correct. Ok. I'm a big girl. Rip it out. Nope! The yarn snagged and stuck together and tangled like it was possessed. I ended up with a big pile of tangled yarn and no #2 sock. The goddess made sure I used another skein of yarn since I complained so much about the one I was using!
Maybe I should buy some new yarn to get the goddess back on my good side.
SandraS is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-23-2008, 12:57 PM   #2
Simply_Renee
Turning the Heel

When you can't even frog something- you KNOW you're not in her good graces- for pete's sake!

Time to buy more yarn- and I am sure it'll go better with the next attempt. If not, sandal no-sock season is coming up, isn't it? (ha, I know you'll get back on that horse.)

Is your recliner leather & did the DPN make a hole? That would be soooo bad.

And about me laughing when I read your post- I do sincerely apologize for that was unkind. But this sort of thing happens to me enough that I totally saw me doing that!

Let us know how your new sock adventures come out!

Recently FO- Quinn cabled bag, Evangeline fingerless gloves (2 pairs), Topknot baby hats, pompom & earflap hats, 8 pairs of socks, Baby Folkwear Caftan, Debbie Bliss Baby Shawl (blanket)

I'm SimplyRenee on Ravelry- feel free to add me as a friend & I will do the same!
Simply_Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 12:58 PM   #3
mwhite
Instepping Out

Sounds like you deserve a "Poor Baby" after all that! Yep, buying some new yarn just might clinch the relationship! (wink, wink)
mwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:35 PM   #4
Plantgoddess+
Working the Gusset

Oh you poor thing. Don't you just feel sometimes that a dark cloud hangs over you when you're working.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:44 PM   #5
SandraS
Ribbing the Cuff

The recliner is fabric, so no harm done there. The yarn wasn't expensive, so no harm to the budget........but my ego took a serious beating! I couldn't bring myself to take pic of the mess to show. It was too pathetic. I jammed it in a drawer. I started trying to unravel the mess and decided life is too short. I'll lay it at the altar of the knitting goddess and repent in sack cloth and ashes. No yarn is the wrong yarn. All yarn is good. repeat. All yarn is good.
SandraS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:05 PM   #6
Cynamar
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to Cynamar Send a message via Yahoo to Cynamar
Buying more yarn will at least sooth your soul and that's good enough.

While there's tea there's hope. - Sir Arthur Pinero

My KH Blog Thread

My Blog
Cynamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:51 PM   #7
Tornado
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to Tornado
Similar thing happened to me! I was knitting along and I messed up my project. The yarn I used was Paton's Allure (which is fuzzy nylon) to make fuzzy car dice, and it sticks together and won't unravel! Its as if the yarn melts together. Time to buy some more.
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:24 AM   #8
Raeknitsnwa
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Yahoo to Raeknitsnwa
I think we have all had that bad knitting day where we just wanted to throw it on the floor & kick it around or just throw it in the trash & never speak of it again I hope you have better luck the time around
~~You Must Be The Change You Want To See In The World -Ghandi~~

Raeknitsnwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:53 AM   #9
Koehnae
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via AIM to Koehnae Send a message via Yahoo to Koehnae
The knitting goddess must be on a rampage this week! So sorry to hear she got to you too!

My sister had requested "something brown or blue" in the way of socks. That very week SockPixie had cashmere/merino in a brown and blue. Jackpot! I was working from foot measurements my sister gave me and about to the toe when she finally made it up to visit. I had her try on the sock as is and she couldn't get the cuff over her toes! I had a few "words" with the knitting goddess. As I was frogging the sock, the yarn ripped apart in TWO places and now its a tangled mess of $30 yarn. Guess I POed the knitting goddess.

Hmm... perhaps a little retail therapy to recover from the trauma....

Koehnae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:31 PM   #10
Cynamar
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to Cynamar Send a message via Yahoo to Cynamar
Best thing for it.

While there's tea there's hope. - Sir Arthur Pinero

My KH Blog Thread

My Blog
Cynamar is offline   Reply With Quote