Old 04-25-2008, 02:26 PM   #21
Sunshine's Mom
Turning the Heel

Silver, they are adorable. I'm sure you'll be a great dog mom. I have one request - please be sure you train them just as you would a big dog who could take your arm off. It's a bit of a pet peeve of mine that some folks think they don't need to train small dogs because they are small. Some of the most vicious bites come from small dogs who aren't trained properly. That is not intended to be offensive so I hope you won't take it that way. I love you and your dogs. Keep the pictures coming - I'm living vicariously through you because we can't afford another dog (yet).
Sunshine's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-25-2008, 03:41 PM   #22
Cynamar
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to Cynamar Send a message via Yahoo to Cynamar
I agree. All dogs need some training. I could take my little dog if it came down to being attacked (I think) but she would do some damage first. She's nailed my hand a couple of times and it hurts for weeks! The last time she only left one little bitty puncture but my whole hand was sore. I'm pretty sure she bruised one knuckle. She's a good dog and I unwisely tried to grab her when she was guarding something from someone else's dog so I guess they were my own fault. I do respect her teeth!

While there's tea there's hope. - Sir Arthur Pinero

My KH Blog Thread

My Blog
Cynamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 04:07 PM   #23
Silver
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by Sunshine's Mom View Post
Silver, they are adorable. I'm sure you'll be a great dog mom. I have one request - please be sure you train them just as you would a big dog who could take your arm off. It's a bit of a pet peeve of mine that some folks think they don't need to train small dogs because they are small. Some of the most vicious bites come from small dogs who aren't trained properly. That is not intended to be offensive so I hope you won't take it that way. I love you and your dogs. Keep the pictures coming - I'm living vicariously through you because we can't afford another dog (yet).
No offense at all! I appreciate all the advice and sweet things everyone has to say.

Don't worry, I am already teaching them not to use their teeth on people. Licking is ok, but teeth are not. Of course, correcting an 8 week old puppy seems like a pointless task, because they forget as quick as the reprimand, but it doesn't hurt to start early. And if anything, I'm training myself to keep at it. lol

I'm an avid Dog Whisperer fan, so I will try to use techniques that Cesar recommends. I really don't want to end up with two annoying little monsters. Neither does my husband... or neighbors, I'm sure.

Silver's Sock Classes
Shop: On The Town Knitting Bags, hand made elegant small project bags.
My Blog, Write | KBelle on Ravelry | ComeToSilver on Plurk | Puppies, Jinx & Hex Photos & Videos
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:41 PM   #24
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

Kristin, they are TOO CUTE! I saw your new av on Ravelry and knew you had new family members!!!
The Dog Whisperer so rocks! I've learned a LOT from him! Sally knows the "sound" (scha scha; sorry I'm sounding out the odd noise rather than spelling!) that I make that means business! The man is a genius!
And, your babies are PRECIOUS!

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!

rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:19 PM   #25
Cynamar
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to Cynamar Send a message via Yahoo to Cynamar
They're SOOOOOO cute!

While there's tea there's hope. - Sir Arthur Pinero