Send a message via AIM to GiddyKnitter Send a message via Yahoo to GiddyKnitter
Thans karina just placed an order x

OTN's
Socks for ME!!
February Ladies Sweater x 3
Knitted Kitties

Leahfaith on Ravelry
GiddyKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-24-2008, 01:07 PM   #42
Karina
Working the Gusset

Recieved my order of lion brand today, quite impressed because I only ordered it on Tuesday. So Loving Hearts is cast on in Red. Have to go and do dinner since the kids still insist on being feed. Hope to be ready to send out beginning of next week.
Karina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karina For This Useful Post:
GiddyKnitter (01-25-2008), Shandeh (01-24-2008)
Old 01-25-2008, 05:09 PM   #43
Karina
Working the Gusset

I have completed my part of the Loving Hearts baby blanket, will take some pictures but will have to figure out how to post them. Will be going out tomorrow to buy the journal to go with it. about what size is needed.

will try to get it out monday, so sandy please pm me the address of the next on the list.

Any more people here in the UK that want to take part, I think we still need 3 more people to complete.
The Following User Says Thank You to Karina For This Useful Post:
Shandeh (01-25-2008)
Old 01-25-2008, 11:47 PM   #44
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,906 Posts
Originally Posted by Karina View Post
Will be going out tomorrow to buy the journal to go with it. about what size is needed.
Thanks Karina! The journal can just be a tiny notebook, since there are only 6 knitters on each blanket. So, just choose whatever fits in your hand easily. You can each write your thoughts, and place stickers or drawings in it. The children at the hospital love that kind of stuff!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 08:47 AM   #45
Nikkilc
1st Leg of the Journey

I have completed my part of the Loving Hearts baby blanket, will take some pictures but will have to figure out how to post them. Will be going out tomorrow to buy the journal to go with it. about what size is needed.

will try to get it out monday, so sandy please pm me the address of the next on the list.

Any more people here in the UK that want to take part, I think we still need 3 more people to complete.
I am in the UK and would like to join the blanket. I have a few Questions
what do i have to do as i have never done anything like this before
what sort of wool is best to use and what type of stitches as I don't have a stash yet as i am only just returning to knitting properly thought am sure it wont take me long to make one and so want to do this right, don't want to let the team down.

Last edited by Nikkilc : 01-26-2008 at 09:32 AM.
Nikkilc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nikkilc For This Useful Post:
Karina (01-27-2008), Shandeh (01-28-2008)
Old 01-26-2008, 10:33 AM   #46
bethany
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Nikkilc View Post
I am in the UK and would like to join the blanket. I have a few Questions
what do i have to do as i have never done anything like this before
what sort of wool is best to use and what type of stitches as I don't have a stash yet as i am only just returning to knitting properly thought am sure it wont take me long to make one and so want to do this right, don't want to let the team down.
it will be my first time too! You have to use 100% acrylic for the blankets and which ever stitch you want, though there has to be a border on it so the edges don't curl...there are "rules" about it on the first page of this thread. There is also a little journal in the package that goes with the blanket to the hospital. Fun!

OTN: Old Shale Lace Triangle
OTH: blanket
FO: 3 pairs Pocketbook slippers, Kickline socks, baby cloths, 007 monkey, market bag, Ocean socks, chemo cap, 12 Stitch-It! blankets, 9 Charity Oddball baby blankets

: Bethanyg

bethany is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bethany For This Useful Post:
Shandeh (01-28-2008)
Old 01-27-2008, 06:18 AM   #47
Karina
Working the Gusset

Hi Nikkilc
Thanks for joining the UK blanket, you will have to pm shandeh your snail mail address and when Pauline is finished with the blanket she will ask Shandeh for the address and send it on, hopefully by then we will have somebody else and they you post to the next on the list. each row starts and ends with 3 knit stitches both sides to form the border.

Use whatever stitch pattern you are comfortable with and have fun. This is my first time so I am slightly panicking about what to put in the journal, I think I will enlist the help of my children.
The Following User Says Thank You to Karina For This Useful Post:
Shandeh (01-28-2008)
Old 01-27-2008, 10:21 AM   #48
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts
This is my first time so I am slightly panicking about what to put in the journal, I think I will enlist the help of my children.

Journal entries are just your thoughts. I get emotional when handling the blankets. It's a privilege to work on them and know that they are going to somebody who needs them. I voice that in my journal entries. They don't have to be long. Just a little something...whatever is on your heart.

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to auburnchick For This Useful Post:
DQ (01-27-2008), GiddyKnitter (01-27-2008), Karina (01-27-2008), Shandeh (01-28-2008), Spikey (01-27-2008)
Old 01-27-2008, 03:51 PM   #49
Karina
Working the Gusset

I just went back and read some of the first posts here, am I right in thinking that the babies and children get to keep the blanket and take them home after they leave the hospital.

When my youngest daughter was born, they put a hat on her in the operating room before she was cleaned properly to keep her warm until they were finished doing the checks etc. she wore it for the first hour of her life and I was quite dissapointed that they keept the hat and I could not take it home.

So it is quite nice to think that these children get to keep these blankets.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:47 PM   #50
GiddyKnitter
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to GiddyKnitter Send a message via Yahoo to GiddyKnitter
Yipeeee Circus Fun blanket arrived today...I am so excited to get started on my section....Thank you Shandeh for the yarn you have so kindly sent to us over here in England....I have chosen the Coral one for myself. I shall get cracking on it this evening. Get ready DQ!!!!

OTN's
Socks for ME!!
February Ladies Sweater x 3
Knitted Kitties

Leahfaith on Ravelry
GiddyKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GiddyKnitter For This Useful Post:
Shandeh (01-28-2008)