Old 05-08-2008, 09:18 PM   #1
Hscmum40
Ribbing the Cuff

Turtle Neck Trouble
Aargh! Please help! I'm knitting a cable turtle neck sweater and am having trouble with the actual turtle neck.

The pattern reads:
Join left shoulder seam. With right side facing knit up 18 sts evenly along left side of neck, patt across sts from front stitch-holder, knit up 18 sts along right side of neck, then patt across sts from back stitch-holder.

When I'm ready to patt sts from back stitch-holder - its on the wrong side to knit back. I can't understand if the front stitches were right, why aren't the back???????

All advice will be greatly received. Thanks.
Hscmum40 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-08-2008, 09:50 PM   #2
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,244 Times in 1,838 Posts
Do you mean that the stitches are facing you incorrectly or that the stitch holder is backwards? The latter is just a matter of slipping the stitches to another needle.

You should have the front and back joined at the left shoulder, and as you go from the front to the back, stay on the right side.

Is it possible that the back was reversed when you attached the shoulder?

Can you post a picture?

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 04:47 AM   #3
Hscmum40
Ribbing the Cuff

I'll try and explain what I mean. I've sewn up the left shoulder and with the right side up have knitted
up 18 stitches going down the left neck, then I've patterned the stitches off the front stitch-holder, then I've knitted up 18 stitches going up the right neck. Now according to the pattern I should be able to just pattern across from the back stitch-holder, but it's like the stitches are on the wrong side for knitting. Instead of picking up the stitch on the left, the back stitches are on the right and you can't physically knit them.
Does that make any sense at all!!!
Hscmum40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:51 AM   #4
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,244 Times in 1,838 Posts

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote