Old 05-11-2008, 10:24 PM   #1
lizardknits
1st Leg of the Journey

suitemate troubles
Hi all
I woke up saturday afternoon to discover, much to my dismay, that there was something shattered on the floor of the living room/kitchenette/hallway of my dorm. I turn on the lights and pick up the biggest piece. Upon reading the back of this piece and discovering that this was what remains of a walmart bowl that claimed to me break and chip resistant , I started to look for someone who I could borrow a dustbin and broom from. I knew that, considering how many pieces it was in, I was going to end up with at least a few cuts on my hands. Well, one of my suitemates, her bf told me which suitemate it was that had accidentally dropped the bowl and didnt take responsibility of cleaning it up , and instead delegated it to gf of said bf, who had an exam the next day at noon (this happened friday night). needless to say I got some of it cleaned up and returned the supplies that I had been borrowing. Thankfully either the bf or Gina (gf) finnished leaning up the mess (although I think there may still be some small shards on the carpet, so I dont want anyone going barefoot on it)
oh, and I ended up having at least two minor punctures on each hand, and as the following picture shows, I managed to cut myself on one shard of broken dinnerware bad enough that it feels better with a butterfly strip (if my cam had any better quality, I would have taken a picture of the slash on my finger. It kinda gapes, and really did hurt)
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 3.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	48352  

otn- a beautiful turquoise blanket in moss stitch (for previously mentioned cousin's coming second child, due late july 2012)
FO- a few hats in the round(just taught myself to join without twisting)
to try next- an entrelac blanket with yarn someone gave my mom
something else fun- making a blanket in the round

Last edited by lizardknits : 05-11-2008 at 10:26 PM. Reason: i cant spell
lizardknits is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-12-2008, 04:31 AM   #2
tarrentella
Working the Gusset

Im not sure exactly what suitemates are, but im guessing it is somthing like a housemate. If that is the case, buy can i sympathise ... i can't believe how inconsiderate some people you live with can be! I hope your finger is ok and not giving you any trouble. finger pad cuts can bleed like anything!

I am currenty living with a guy, not through choice, the university simply allocated us to the same house, who is an absolute nightmare. He is completely oblivious to everything. If i ask him (or tell him) to do the cleaning he will ... but only if i very specifically ask him too. We have lived in this house since the beggining of October and he has only put the bin out for collection twice, both on occasions i have specifically asked him too. When i asked him to again last week, he said he wasnt sure which day it was collected. we have been living in ths house for over 6 months and he doesnt know what day the rubbish is collected!! I puts leftover food in tuberware whilst it is still warm, seals it and then leaves it on the counter top for days (even weeks) not touching it, not noticing that it has gone grean and then gets annoyed if i through it out or even suggest that he may want to do somthing with it. HE is completely oblivious!!
worst of all i whent on holiday last month for a week and cam back to find that the framed phot my brother had given me for Christmas (of his wedding) was no longer on the window ledge. I looked around and found it with the glass in shards stacked on a shelf. I asked housemate what had happened and he said he had accidently knocked it off (ok accidents happen) so was waiting to se what he should do. HOW ABOUT THROW AWAY THE BROKEN GLASS . he then offered to replace the frame .. this was a month ago .. i still have no framed picture.

Sorry for hijacking your thread Lizardknits, i think i neded the excuse to rant.

I am Tarriknits on Ravelry

This is my not necassarily knitting related blog.
tarrentella is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tarrentella For This Useful Post:
lizardknits (05-12-2008)
Old 05-12-2008, 01:08 PM   #3
lizardknits
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by tarrentella View Post
Im not sure exactly what suitemates are, but im guessing it is somthing like a housemate. If that is the case, buy can i sympathise ... i can't believe how inconsiderate some people you live with can be! I hope your finger is ok and not giving you any trouble. finger pad cuts can bleed like anything!

I am currenty living with a guy, not through choice, the university simply allocated us to the same house, who is an absolute nightmare. He is completely oblivious to everything. If i ask him (or tell him) to do the cleaning he will ... but only if i very specifically ask him too. We have lived in this house since the beggining of October and he has only put the bin out for collection twice, both on occasions i have specifically asked him too. When i asked him to again last week, he said he wasnt sure which day it was collected. we have been living in ths house for over 6 months and he doesnt know what day the rubbish is collected!! I puts leftover food in tuberware whilst it is still warm, seals it and then leaves it on the counter top for days (even weeks) not touching it, not noticing that it has gone grean and then gets annoyed if i through it out or even suggest that he may want to do somthing with it. HE is completely oblivious!!
worst of all i whent on holiday last month for a week and cam back to find that the framed phot my brother had given me for Christmas (of his wedding) was no longer on the window ledge. I looked around and found it with the glass in shards stacked on a shelf. I asked housemate what had happened and he said he had accidently knocked it off (ok accidents happen) so was waiting to se what he should do. HOW ABOUT THROW AWAY THE BROKEN GLASS . he then offered to replace the frame .. this was a month ago .. i still have no framed picture.

Sorry for hijacking your thread Lizardknits, i think i neded the excuse to rant.
nah
I dont mind you ranting
and yes, a suitemate is like a housemate
I live in a suite style dorm on campus in a corner suite, which means that I have 4 suitemates (two remain, two have left for the summer) non corner suites have 4 people living in them
im sorry to hear about the troubles you have had with your housemate

otn- a beautiful turquoise blanket in moss stitch (for previously mentioned cousin's coming second child, due late july 2012)
FO- a few hats in the round(just taught myself to join without twisting)
to try next- an entrelac blanket with yarn someone gave my mom
something else fun- making a blanket in the round
lizardknits is offline   Reply With Quote