Old 08-18-2008, 06:15 PM   #31
GirlChris
Turning the Heel

I have been knitting years but haven't tried socks yet etither. You can do it, once you decide to learn it you could take a class or check out some on-line tutorials and Grami wants to teach us right? So I know we could do it if we put our mind to it. For right now I am happy that I have started back up knitting at all so I am fine tuning the skills I have before I get more. LOL

I am still working on my baby sweater. I made it to 10cm and that's it so far. I smashed my thumb and I never realized just how much I use all of my fingers knitting until one is hurting with every stitch ykwim? It is almsot better though so I hope to get back to it soon.
GirlChris is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-18-2008, 06:36 PM   #32
tokmom
Turning the Heel

My sil got me started on felted bags. She is from WI and was here for xmas. I watched those 3 dpn's and was fascinated. I just followed Silvers and taught myself. My first sock was 2 inches longer than the second one, lol, but I did it.
You can too! Silver's is sooo easy to follow!

future plans: Afghan, baby blanket and a cabled...something ;hats and mittens to follow for kids.

Tokmom on Raverly
tokmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:04 PM   #33
GramiH
Casting On

TokMom:
>>My sil got me started on felted bags. She is from WI and was here for xmas. I watched those 3 dpn's and was fascinated. I just followed Silvers and taught myself. My first sock was 2 inches longer than the second one, lol, but I did it.>>

Ohhhhhh, I'd love to learn felting too . Yeah for you on the socks....what fun.

GramiH

p.s. I just finished the first sock that I put a Tabi toe in for my big sis. What a pain, but I did it. Now the 2nd is otn.

>>You can too! Silver's is sooo easy to follow!>>
GramiH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:16 PM   #34
GramiH
Casting On

GirlChris
>>I have been knitting years but haven't tried socks yet etither. You can do it, once you decide to learn it you could take a class or check out some on-line tutorials and Grami wants to teach us right?>>

Oh, come on try the socks....nothing like seeing things happen in the round. I learned from online tutorials and it was fun, plus challenging.
Yes, I will be glad to help all that I can when your ready to make socks.

>> So I know we could do it if we put our mind to it. For right now I am happy that I have started back up knitting at all so I am fine tuning the skills I have before I get more. LOL>>

Yes, you can do it.....but fine tuning never hurts. I did that with dog sweater's that Gabi won't wear, Christmas stocking's GD's loved, 2 needle slipper's, then a hat in the rd and finally DH socks that he love's.
For pete's sake he won't let me touch them now.

GramiH
GramiH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:12 AM   #35
Plantgoddess+
Working the Gusset

I just saw this thread. Another Washintonian here.
1. My favorite yarn so far is a camel hair/lambswool blend made by Bernat about 30 years ago. ( I have some elderly stash.)
2. My favorite thing to knit is socks. I made 16 pair this year and am currently working on learning entrelac socks. It's not that bad, just very tedious.
3. Don't have a favorite designer. Most of my patterns dated back to when I acquired most of my stash, 30 years ago. I'm just this year surfing the net and adding tons of new patterns to my inventory.
4. I haven't read any knitting magazines in years, but I like a lot of the patterns I see on line from Interweave Press.
5. I am on Ravelry, I'm Plantgoddess there. I use it mainly for pattern ideas and yarn substitutions. It's an amazing site for reference.
6. I've been knitting over 30 years off and on. Since joining KH it has become a passion and I've knit more than I ever have. It used to be a strictly winter activity if I had nothing else to do, now most things have to fit in around my knitting.
7. I started out as a crocheter. I learned as a teenager and it was popular back then for hip clothing. I still have patterns from back them. I'm a lefty and crocheted left-handed which made it easy for me to teach myself to knit english and now rarely crochet except for doilies and tablecloths.
8. I live in eastern Wa. I'm about 20 miles north of Spokane in the foothills.
9. This time of year, I knit mainly in the evening after all my outdoor work is done. In the winter it could be anytime and sometimes is all day.
10. My favorite knitting book is The Sweater Workshop by Jacqueline Fee. It has helped me to get sweaters to fit better and I much prefer making my sweaters all in one piece. I dislike seaming and I love that when I bind off I am almost done except for working in ends and 2 little seams under the arms.
Isn't living in Wa. a great place to be? I grew up a Navy brat and this is my favorite place of all the places I've lived.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:37 PM   #36
Raeknitsnwa
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Yahoo to Raeknitsnwa
We should all meet up on Yahoo & chat there some day or night it would be cool to get together & talk since some of us live so far apart if anyone else likes the idea let me know I am all for it
~~You Must Be The Change You Want To See In The World -Ghandi~~

Raeknitsnwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 12:32 AM   #37
tulipberry999
Casting On

New to knitting!
Hello ladies! Brand new knitter here!

1. My favorite yarn anything softy and cuddly.

2. My favorite thing to knit are blankets, at least that is what I want to try. I have 2 daughters I want to knit a blankie for!

3. No favorite here, since i'm such a newbie!

4. I don't read any, suggestions for newbies?

5. Nope

6. I tried to knit a few years back when I had my 1st daughter. Now I just had my 2nd and i'd like to try again. I find everything challenging since I lack hand coordination in a big way!

7. I'm not getting ahead of myself...........LOL

8. SW Washington, Portland Metro Area

9. When my girls to go bed

10. I saw a blanket book with Vanna White today that had some beautiful blankets!
tulipberry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:41 AM   #38
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
Hi Tulip! So glad to know you! Let any of us know if you need any help, any time!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:17 PM   #39
Debkcs
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,192 Posts
Wouldn't it be great if we could have a Washington/Oregon get together? Someplace in Wasington, and I could pick up a few of the folks here, it's only a four hour drive.

It'd be a hoot. Dollyce,you'd have to model your work (I'd have to touch them.)

"All good things and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of Lights who cannot change."
James 1:17
Debkcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:02 PM   #40
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
Yes, that would be awesome. Maybe a bookstore at Westfield/Southcenter area, right off I-5?

We'll hafta see who is interested!

Who is interested??? And where do you live???

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote