Old 05-22-2008, 04:35 PM   #1
cookworm
Working the Gusset

Erika Knight's "Dainty Booties"--HELP!
I think this is the layette that wasn't meant to be!!!

First there was the problem with the buttons being on the wrong side of the little coat/sweater I made.

Now, I'm trying really hard to make Erika Knight's "Dainty Booties" (from "Knitting for Two", pages 80-83), because I think they are just adorable. I've already made two left booties, because my first attempt looked wrong, and the second attempt doesn't look any better. This shouldn't be hard, right? I mean, they are little tiny booties for a baby...stockinette stitch, seed stitch, picking up stitches, nothing really out of the ordinary (or so I thought). I feel really dumb.

Has anybody made these? In the picture (the blue ones), it appears that there is an equal amount of space between the strap and the top of the bootee on both sides, but on mine (tan ones), there is enough space on one side but then on the other side, it seems to have less space for some reason, like it tapers off, and also, the stockinette part seems to be off center. Because the pattern gives you stitch counts at every step of the way, I was able to check to be sure this wasn't the problem.

I went on Ravelry and it appears that most everyone that's made them has had theirs turn out really cute, although two people had problems with them.

Having already made two, I feel like I should have the pair finished, you know? But no, I've made two, two left ones, trying to correct my problem, and there isn't even one of the two worth saving.
Attached Images:

I'm on flickr, too!
I love to knit shawls...after all, a girl can't have too many shawls!
cookworm is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-22-2008, 04:48 PM   #2
cookworm
Working the Gusset

This is my sad version of the "Dainty Bootie"; I couldn't post it in my original post for some reason.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	bootie.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	48473  

I'm on flickr, too!
I love to knit shawls...after all, a girl can't have too many shawls!
cookworm is offline   Reply With Quote