Old 05-28-2008, 05:45 PM   #1
JessicaR
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to JessicaR Send a message via Yahoo to JessicaR
I'm lonely *sigh*
It really bites sometimes not having people out here who like the same things I do. And it's also hard to get motivated to do something when you're really the only one that's going to notice or appreciate it.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-28-2008, 06:38 PM   #2
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 06:44 PM   #3
Knit4Fun
Turning the Heel

Awww...I can relate - I feel that way sometimes too. But look at what you've accomplished...your weight loss alone is a HUGE accomplishment that you should be proud of - for you and no one else! I'm sure there are tons of good things in your life - focus on doing what you love and you will meet other people through that - like knitting.

When I get down, I pray and think of 10 things I am grateful for right now...sometimes it is lofty things and other days, it is as simple as peanut butter.

And hey...there's always us!

OTN: Chunky Knit Scarf; Baby Sweater; Mitts

Recent FO: Christmas Ornaments; Felted Bag; Felted Clutch

Ravelry ID: Knittn4Fun

Flickr ID: Knit4Fun

Blog: Blogbykris.livejournal.com
Knit4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:15 PM   #4
Wanda Witch
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Knit4Fun View Post
Awww...I can relate - I feel that way sometimes too. But look at what you've accomplished...your weight loss alone is a HUGE accomplishment that you should be proud of - for you and no one else! I'm sure there are tons of good things in your life - focus on doing what you love and you will meet other people through that - like knitting.

When I get down, I pray and think of 10 things I am grateful for right now...sometimes it is lofty things and other days, it is as simple as peanut butter.

And hey...there's always us!
Very well said. And Jessica, you should be sooo proud of your accomplishments.
Wanda Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:24 PM   #5
JessicaR
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to JessicaR Send a message via Yahoo to JessicaR
This time of year I love gardening but really haven't gotten into it that much since we moved. My mother in law and I used to hit all the greenhouses, plan layouts, trade plants, ect. I went and got 360 bricks for this crazy idea for my perennial garden and I just got to thinking how much I wish I had someone here that was into gardening that I could bounce ideas off of. You know?
Old 05-28-2008, 09:50 PM   #6
scout52
Working the Gusset

scout52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 10:19 PM   #7
saracidaltendencies
Working the Gusset

Thanked 1,089 Times in 608 Posts
I know how ya feel.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
- Mahatma Gandhi
saracidaltendencies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 10:25 PM   #8
Rabbitrescuer
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Skype™ to Rabbitrescuer
We're here for you
And on the wight loss

OTN: Shawl, Charity baby items, Christmas items, CPH & a Malabrigo scarf for me

Rabbitrescuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 07:32 AM   #9
CountryKitty
Knitting the Flap

I often feel the same way...DH and I have some very different ideas on how the yard ought to look. Usually when I come up with an idea he dislikes the idea and is rather discouraging. (But he does admit when my ideas turn out well.) And we have few close neighbors or nearby friends who are into the same things I am. That's why I visit several forums, like this one.

Just keep plugging away. People do notice, even if they don't always say so.

What're your ideas with the bricks?
(While at the home of Andrew Jackson, in Nashville, I noticed the beds in the flower garden were edged with thin bricks that were standing upright, but only sticking up out of the ground some 3". Peter Fossel, the head gardener and a buddy from organicgardening.com's forums, said they were 8" long and that they kept moles out since they only tunnel at the surface--those 5" of brick kept them at bay.)

I'm using up a lot of native stone here--it's everywhere! I rolled some very heavy ones across the yard to the end of a staggered double row of young cedar trees I planted as a bird-friendly living privacy fence. I built a small square column from them just as a decoration (2.5' high, 18" across)--I was very careful to make sure each piece was supported evenly by the ones beneath it, and topped the whole thing with one large flat 18"x18" stone. It's sturdy enough I can stand on it with just the tiniest wobble (couple millimeters of give).
I had mulched under the whole row with a layer of cardboard from the dollar store dumpster and wood chips from the electric companies tree trimming truck--I stuck several large irregularly shaped chunks of limestone in the mulch, and embedded large pieces of driftwood that had been left in the yard last time the creek jumped the banks to make it look like a proper woodland scene. Even found a few moss and lichen covered stones to tuck into the most shaded areas to give an air of age to the whole scene, even if the trees are still under 12'. (I've already found a nest in one tree, and last year there was a young bluebird puttering around on the mulch--he was unsteady enough on his wings that when walked by, he hid under one of the trees ).

And I think losing 40+ pounds is awesome! Losing weight is very hard--it involves more than most folks realize...changing how you eat, what you do to burn calories----you ROCK!
Old 05-29-2008, 10:03 AM   #10
PurlyGyrl
Working the Gusset

I'm right there with you Sista! Sometimes I feel like I should just have "FREAK" tatooed to my forehead As I have gotten older, I have grown to embrace my "differences".
BTW-- YOU LOOK FREAKIN' FABULOUS!!! Congratulations on the weight loss

I'm PurlyGyrl on Ravelry, too!
I just don't know how to do that button thing
My favorite blue eyed guy
PurlyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote