Old 06-12-2008, 03:39 PM   #1
Arielluria
Instepping Out

[Rant]....Can You BELIEVE The Prices Today?!?
I just went to Walmart (or "Wally World" as we call it at our house) and spent $85 in the express lane!!!! What did I buy? Very little! I won't give you the whole list, but basically it was some canned soup, milk a couple of veggies and some cheapo buttons to put on my new cardigan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just can't believe each time I go to the store how little a buck buys nowadays!!!!!!!!!!!

[Rant over.........we now return you to your regularly scheduled website!]
A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal (Proverbs 12:10)
Adopt a pet PETFINDER.COM

Free patternns on My blog or on Ravelry:
Arielluria is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-12-2008, 05:19 PM   #2
Mike
Working the Gusset

Yes, the price of shipping (gas) is driving everything up and people's incomes aren't keeping pace. We're heading for a depression if nothing is done.

You had to get more than staple food items.
Last time I ended up around $80 but it was the $10, $25 and $15 items that did it, not the food.

Your Wally World still has buttons worth buying??? Mine has a cheap 100 pack of shirt buttons, nothing worthy of a sweater or anything else.

YouTube channel
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 06:04 PM   #3
Arielluria
Instepping Out

LOL RE buttons. Yeah, I'm not happy with them but the nearest JoAnn's and Hancock Fabrics are 20-30 min. away and I'm taking care of my mom after surgery. I was desperate! But I'm going to hold out for better ones. Not too bad though.
A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal (Proverbs 12:10)
Adopt a pet PETFINDER.COM

Free patternns on My blog or on Ravelry:
Arielluria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 01:43 AM   #4
Mike
Working the Gusset

My problem is now that we got a Super Walmart their grocery prices are better on food than Kroger and so is the quality (not so much the meat but Krogers has taken a dive there too).
I always have to at least look at the $5 DVDs, then some yarn, housewares (that's what really kills me and was part of my $80 bill last time), garden stuff, then some pet stuff.
I rarely make it out under $40. And that was before gas went up to $3 and $4.
I come out with a lot but the wider the assortment the more it costs.

Luckily between gardening and hunting I don't have to go to the grocery store too often.

Our new Menards (home improvement) also kills me because they have great sales, but I end up coming out with a ton of stuff there.

I also have the only Jo-Anns being 20-30 minutes away (there was one a few blocks away from here when I was a kid). To make it worse it's on the other side of the river and I have acquired Panic Disorder pretty bad. I really have to psych myself up to cross the river. Luckily I used to work near Hobby Lobby and Jo-Anns so I can tell myself that I've made the trip thousands of times.
My sister lives at her Hobby Lobby so I have her call me from the store if I'm looking for something that isn't urgent.
I ended up making buttons for my cardigan (which I've started working on again).

YouTube channel
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:31 AM   #5
Pat in Ca

I heard today that the Federal Reserve Bank is hinting that they will raise interest rates in the Fall....That helps control the inflation we are seeing in prices..(but it will be the nail in the coffin for real estate)

I totally agree with you Mike..unless we can increase our energy sources (drill our own oil, build more refineries, develop nuclear, clean coal) we will see prices higher for everything,,it takes energy to produce and deliver all products...and those costs are passed down to the consumer..and that will damage the economy.