Old 06-16-2008, 03:46 PM   #1
vaknitter
Working the Gusset

My job is birth control !!
So I work clinics in a children's hosp and while there's a lull in the action I have been cleaning and reading KH...well, there is a kid in a room across the hall that has been SCREAMING at the top of his lungs, in a shrill, headache producing tone for the last 55minutes !!! Seriously - how do the parents not go insane. It's not anything anyone did, he was screaming when he came in the door.
I keep telling the hubby if he thinks I'm ever going to produce children he better hurry up with that PhD and find a full time job that requires we move or I can quit
OYE
vaknitter is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-16-2008, 04:33 PM   #2
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,750 Times in 7,120 Posts
Why is he screaming? Is he in pain or scared?

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 04:47 PM   #3
susi
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to susi
omg thats not right, my ds who is 5 would only do that if he was in agony or terrified of something.

when ds gets like it (not anywhere to that extent
susi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 04:47 PM   #4
susi
Turning the Heel

i did it again lol
i was trying to type, that it does drive you around the bend and back again
Old 06-16-2008, 04:53 PM   #5
Mike
Working the Gusset

I used to hide in the bathroom when I worked retail. That didn't work so good when the mother was there to have something done while she waited.

susi, you probably have a sticking key. Ctrl is a usual culprit for causing unintentional keyboard shortcuts to happen.

YouTube channel
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 04:53 PM   #6
vaknitter
Working the Gusset

the nurse opened the door at one point and asked if he would be happier in the playroom and the father said "Nope, he just has a stubborn streak and doesn't want to be here." We are an outpatient clinic so no invasive testing is done here - lots of therapy and lots of family meetings with MD's.
vaknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:08 PM   #7
Becky Morgan
Turning the Heel

When DS was a baby, one woman who saw one of his tantrums called 911, sure he was having a seizure. Another older lady grabbed him out of the shopping cart and started to the grocery store office with him because she said I HAD to be abusing him to have him shriek like that. He screamed in her ear and bit her. She gave him back. They say the average baby screams for five and a half hours per day; he screamed that much at one time, seldom slept a couple of hours at a stretch--and nothing was wrong that anyone could find. HE tamed down over four or five years.

Not all kids are the Happy Mary Sunshines of this world. Somne are just plain ornery. They tend to grow into really interesting adults, though :D
Old 06-16-2008, 05:15 PM   #8
bambi
Working the Gusset

I was just on vacation in the Smoky Mtns. We took DD on a gentle hike. When we got to where we were going, she got a bug bite and thought it was a butterfly that bit her. She screamed all the way down the trail, about a 10 minute walk. The trail was covered with butterflies! She was in the car for 10 more minutes before she settled down again. She just isn't normally like that.

The kiddo in the clinic may not be normally like that. They get frightened, etc.

Bambi
bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:38 PM   #9
susi
Turning the Heel

Quote:
susi, you probably have a sticking key. Ctrl is a usual culprit for causing unintentional keyboard shortcuts to happen.
i hope not as the computer is brand new, under a month old lol. i think i keep catching the shift key then hit enter for a new line down so it posts before im ready. i so do need to look what im doing lol

thanks though mike

susi

Last edited by Jan in CA : 06-16-2008 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Fixed quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:57 PM   #10
Miss Moosey
1st Leg of the Journey

I am sure that being a parent is terrible for one's hearing. Thank goodness for cotton balls!

Rebecca